What are the largest storage capacity dashcams?

Bassie

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hello, this is my first post here. I looked around but could not find info on the largest storage capacity dashcams available.

Currently I am using a mini 0806 which has a total storage of 256gb using two 128gb microsd cards. This is good for 30-35 hours of footage. Are there bigger capacity units out there?

Will your camera support 256GB in each slot instead of the two 128GB microsd cards?

Will your camera support 256GB in each slot instead of the two 128GB microsd cards?

quite a lot of people could never get the dual card switching working reliably, he's doing well if he had that going with the 2 x 128's

SG cameras only have 1 memory card slot.

Yeah i need to go to bed.
Dual memory cards are most often a hornet nest as i understand it, so i would not go there.

I see that manufacturers are sticking around the same capacity for a while now. Was hoping to hear of perhaps a novel solution with an external HDD plugged into a dashcam for many TB of storage but I guess we are not there yet.

Thanks for replies.

I see that manufacturers are sticking around the same capacity for a while now. Was hoping to hear of perhaps a novel solution with an external HDD plugged into a dashcam for many TB of storage but I guess we are not there yet.

Thanks for replies.

you can get systems that take 2TB HDD but they're aimed at commercial vehicle applications, big box, big cameras and reasonable but not great quality, basically the same as home CCTV type systems just adapted to vehicle use

external HDD plugged into a dashcam for many TB of storage but I guess we are not there yet.

Thats right not there yet.
A M2 harddrive would also be nice, but then you also need a way to transfer files off the camera ( wifi or via a USB port to say a memory stick )
But i think a external SSD make more sense, as it is plenty fast, and probably cheaper too, and use a well now interface to connect / disconnect from a devise.

Thats one big sum bitch :)
Personally i feel 256 are plenty large, and 128 GB for 2 channels i don't feel are too little.
I will probably change that statement with more demanding cameras in the future.

Back