What car do you drive?

Nice! I love Syclones & Typhoons! My buddy had a low mile Syclone years ago.

Dave

My Syclone was the most fun I ever had on 4 wheels. Made me behave badly in humiliating Porsche & Ferrari owners away from the traffic lights.

It was also the least reliable vehicle I ever owned. Though to be fair it was 10 years old when I bought it. I drove it every day, but had to spend every weekend fixing one fault or another. Plus much time spent with a laptop plugged into it, trying to make the bugger run without detonating & bending the rods, etc.

Yeah my buddy's only had about 30k miles and he was on his 2nd engine and it was totally stock. Northern California has some really crappy gas. It detonated at stock boost levels. Alcohol injection gets rid of that problem.

Dave

Yeah my buddy's only had about 30k miles and he was on his 2nd engine and it was totally stock. Northern California has some really crappy gas. It detonated at stock boost levels. Alcohol injection gets rid of that problem.

Dave

I used the highest octane fuel I could buy. Plus an Aquamist water injection system.

image.jpg image.jpg

Ford Ka Mk2 2013.

P1010829_zps62fa977c.jpg

Another little red car :cool:

First thing I thought was that it kinda looks like a tomato.

Nice! I run an earlier SMC injection kit in my El Camino that runs denatured alcohol. My injection pump has died so I am planning in upgrading to a more modern kit. I can run 20psi with no knock on 91 octane, the highest we have in California beside 100 octane unleaded that's not readily available. Without the alcohol I am only able to run about 14psi safely which a little less that stock as 92 octane was available back when the engine was in production in the Buick Grand National. A lot of the Evo guys are running E85 but you have to run huge injectors & a bigger pump I'm assuming. The problem with E85 is that it's not readily available around me. The nearest station around me is about 20 miles away & you get a decreased range. The power is great & the engine does run cleaner though. I smelled an Evo without a cat & it smelled like corn.

Dave

The problem with E85 is that it's not readily available around me. The nearest station around me is about 20 miles away & you get a decreased range.

economy is terrible on E85, that's generally not a concern for people that are running it though, the biggest issue with E85 is consistency, it's not always the same quality

I was so bummed that we almost got the Holden Ute here as a Pontiac ST (Sport Truck) but then they killed Pontiac

The body is a little rough. It was an ongoing project and my wife passed away in the middle of the project so it's kind of where I left off as our son was only 4 months old. He's 6 now. Anyway, I bought the El Camino at a Salvation Army while looking for boomboxes for $975 in 2003. It was already fuel injected so it made the swap a little easier in the fuel delivery department. The gas tank was already baffled to boot too. Here's a pic of my 86 T-type that the drivetrain came out of. The last pic shows the function which I never had in the T-type.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Here are some pics of my first Buick. I miss this car dearly. This car is what got me hooked on turbo cars.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Dave

wow. I like the el Camino but I love that GN!

Thanks! I went from a Ford F-100 to that. I was only 21 at the time & my insurance with no tickets or accidents was $270 per month in 1995! I did a 3 yr loan on it & my payment was $340 too. Needless to say I was always broke lol

Dave

Hey Russ331, I saw this Syclone while in Santa Cruz earlier this year.

image.jpg

Dave

I'm afraid I drive a BMW! But I've always been a Honda guy so I do indicate, I don't cut people up and I don't sit in the overtaking lane.

• Current car, 2015 BMW 330D X-Drive M-Sport. Pretty nippy, lots of grip and can return over 60mpg on the motorway (not including the local roads to reach it) if you want an extremely boring ride otherwise you'd be looking around the 40-50mpg mark, which is not bad considering the specs not to mention the emissions also being fairly BIK friendly.
  • Current, 2008 Honda CR-V 2.2CDTi which I remapped on a rolling road and it made a huge difference to how it drove (for the better) and gave it a much needed performance boost. Awesome amount of space and really is a good car. Still have it as I gave it to my parents.
  • Previously, 2006 Mazda 6 MPS 2.3T. Lots of fun to drive and stacks of mods available, many of which I never got around to doing. Suffers from a lot of suspension issues though as most of the bushes are far too soft and wear, especially the rear diff mount ones which is a 4+ hour job to change. Poly ones are available though which I had installed. Not bad economy considering the engine and would return about 32mpg urban if you took it easy.
  • Previously, Honda Accord 2.4 iVtec. Great car, fantastically reliable and Japanese built (not UK Swindon like the CR-V). Bullet proof engine and decent enough performance but not enough for me when I got caught out overtaking a slow driver who put his foot down when I overtook on single lane carriageway causing me to pull back in behind him as I didn't have enough power - hence getting the MPS because any decent gains in power with a n/a petrol would cost too much.
  • Previously, 2000 Honda Accord 1.8i. Again bullet proof and just a nice crusing car.

Had others such as a Mondeo, a really crap Fiesta and a Toyota Starlet which was my first car and I ran for a whole year without any water in it and it never failed! lol

1.jpg 2.jpg

at the rate we're going it won't be long before your daily is going to be more valuable than your toy, prices are getting out of hand lately

Back