What could cause a dashcam to skip recording?

Poki

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just installed my cam last night, and I have a little hiccup.

So far, all of the videos are 3min long, but today on my way home one file is only 02:12 long followed by a 0:02sec long video as I turned off my car/camera. I'm missing almost 48sec of data... the microSD card still has 570MB of free space.

The strange thing is, the 02:12 video file is around the same size as the other 3min files.

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else experiences this? This is my first cam, and I formatted the microSD card with my computer. I went ahead and re-formatted the card again, will go through another round of testing. The SD card is only 8GB.

you should list the name of the cam, where purchased (could be a fake/clone) and SD card and also were purchased (could be fake/clone).

if you abruptly removed power as the cam was writing to the card, this could hve corrupted the data on the card.

sounds like a pittasuck blackspew camera.

yep my blackspew does this often, I thought thats the DVR you have

Motion detection was never turned on. I have since re-formatted the card, using the camera itself. It appears to not skip anymore.

I do have two files that are not being overwritten, and they have "..._SOS" at the end of the file name. I'm assuming these are write protected from the build in G-sensor?

I will keep an eye on it.

Back