What CPL lens do you use for Panaroma II S

e190capt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When i purchased my Panaroma IIs from ebay I also purchased a CPL lens. This lens is held onto the camera by 3 small magnets either side of the lens.

I say "held" more than often it falls off especially if i move the camera to stow it away from the sun whilst parked in car park,

Are there any other lens that fit better, any recommendations.??

Interesting, looks the same. Mine just comes off with the slightest touch.

Its true that Panorama 2 CPL filter ( Finevu CR500HD CPL filter ) magnets are not strongest, - they could be more stronger, but within normal daily driving even over speed-bumps ( 25-30km/h ) never fell off from mine.
Inspecting CPL filter, i did not see magnets from the side where it attaches to Panorama lens surrounding. Magnets are behind plastic and this causing weakened magnetic field. If you good in DIY, you may "scrape away" plastic in those parts where magnets are, so maybe this way magnetic field will be stronger and it will be held more tight on your Panorama dascham.

Ahh Ok, i will take a look at the magnets when i return home.

I finally got a Pano with a CPL filter. I'm not sold on it, in fact, I think it's almost useless. I understand the aim of the CPL, but for a dashcam it just doesn't seem (or look) necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Optional RCPANO2SCPL (Circular Polarizing Lens) Side By Side Comparisons. (no-CPL on top/with-CPL on bottom)
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...-2-s-circular-polarized-filter-v1-12-06.5644/

Thanks. Just confirmed the hype around them isn't real. The pano takes great video in the daylight without it. The CPL might sharpen it a bit, but it's a dashcam, as long as the picture is clear I'm not concerned about enhanced or color correction. With mine, I didn't have a problem with glare, and what little glare there is about isn't cleared up with the CPL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. Just confirmed the hype around them isn't real. The pano takes great video in the daylight without it. The CPL might sharpen it a bit, but it's a dashcam, as long as the picture is clear I'm not concerned about enhanced or color correction. With mine, I didn't have a problem with glare, and what little glare there is about isn't cleared up with the CPL.

did you try rotating it, to get the best result?

Back