What hardwire kit

Yeah man, that is one sweet install with the switch. Feel kind of foolish about the dumb kit and the expense when I could do so much more. Ah well. For the next time. Let me ask you this if you're using it for the parking mode which camera are you using because I live in the tropics with temps ranging up to 40C external the car at times. The majority of the times its 28-35C. I know you should use cameras with capacitors but I was wondering what peoples experience was with long term survivability of the camera in high temperature environments.

You misunderstood my previous post.

I don't use parking mode on my dash cam. I leave it disabled because it often creates false positives. Instead, whenever am away from my vehicle in places such as the mall or a parking lot, I use the toggle switch to power the dash cam via constant power so it's still recording with the engine off.

I find this more convenient than having to go into the dash cam settings to enable parking mode before leaving my vehicle, then disabling it again when I get back to my vehicle. That's just plain cumbersome. Moreover, as I said earlier, parking mode isn't reliable.

Last edited:
Back