What is the largest capacity micro SD card being used by dashcamtalk users

currently using the Sandisk Ultra 128gb (black/red) MicroSD card. NO problems during my first week of use. https://www.amazon.com/gp/B010Q57S62

I can confirm that I've been using a Sandisk Ultra 128GB MicroSD card in my Mobius since April (I think) this year, have been using it to record approx 8 hours a day, 5 days a week at work, and also at the weekend, using an external power pack, and it's performed flawlessly to date.

Just ensure that the card is supplied AND fulfilled by Amazon to ensure you don't buy a fake.

I tried using this Kingston card in mine, trying both FAT32, and exFAT, and with both, it'd randomly not start recording, or stop recording mid-drive.

I am using a Sandisk Ultra 64gb in my Mobius, no probs so far.

Seriously n00b question but here goes. I'm buying a mobius very soon and want a 32GB SD card (or more) to start with. Have had 2 samsung SD cards fail on me in my samsung phones, and now using Sandisc which touch wood have worked fine.

Do you have to 'format' and SD card in order for it to work with the mobius? As I have never formatted a card I don't really know what this means or how to go about it. I'm running Windows 10.

Any recommendations on SD Cards?

Cheers guys!

One variable that would be useful to know when people report if a card works and its size is what version of mobius are you using.

Im sure the newer board on the C2 lens may have a deciding factor on accepting bigger cards and perhaps work with card brands earlier versions do not?

Last edited:
One variable that would be useful to know when people report if a card works and its size is what version of mobius are you using.

Im sure the newer board on the C2 lens may have a deciding factor on accepting bigger cards and perhaps work with card brands earlier versions do not?
If you're referring to the hardware version (board version), there's no difference at all. It's the firmware version that's important. I'm currently using a 128GB card in my pre-release Mobius without any problem whatsoever.

Is that a pre-release firmware for the original Mobius or have you gotten your hands on the v2 @Isoprop?

Is that a pre-release firmware for the original Mobius or have you gotten your hands on the v2 @Isoprop?

I read it as 128GB cards working on his Mobius even though it's a pre release version (eg, the oldest boards) of the original Mobius

I'm using a Patriot 64GB and before that a Lexar 16GB, both with no problems.

I bought the camera with a Kingston 32GB, but it didn't work. Recording would fail after a few seconds, even time lapse mode would fail after a few minutes, even though the leds blinked as if working. Now I'm using that card on a 3DS, and it works perfectly... Who knows why the Mobius didn't like it...

@jokiin read correctly. Not quite sure what you mean by V2. The Mobius has undergone numerous hardware changes since it was released.
If you meant the M2, then yes, we've been testing it for many months. That's all the info I can give. It was the same with the original Mobius and it's predecessor, the #16.

Ah yes I did mean the M2, I'm looking forward to seeing what that one can do with that one :)

Back