What should i buy for my new car?

iviax

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi guys, I just bought a brand new Mercedes Benz GLE43 AMG. I would like to purchase a dash cam for a few reasons:
1. For recording driving experience. Just in case something happens, having a recording will help with the insurance. I prefer something with clear picture and night vision.

2. My friend parks his Benz at downtown. Someone broke his window twice last year to steal things from his trunk. I would like a cam that possibly to record that type of thing. I guess the stealth cam.

3. I do not need any GPS function... just clear picture and motion sensor. I went to costco and see some product they are selling. I want to make sure i get the right product though.

add. I am not handy with electrics, so i won't be able to wire anything if it's needed. But I have a broad price range for the product. :)

Welcome to forum!
What is your budget?
I guess you are looking for dashcam with auto-parking mode?

thanks. My car has auto parking pilot and driving pilot, if that's what you meant by auto parking mode? I don't know how much dash cam usually cost, but I should be able to afford anything below $600

Dashcam auto-parking mode I meant dashcam which switches automaticaly from normal recording to parking mode when you park your car.

I guess you are looking for 2 channel system ( front + rear ) ?

If stealth design is one of priorities you may take a look at Thinkware F770 thread.

Your brand new car is under warranty so in this case I assume you have to ask for dashcam installation / hardwiring to be done by dealer you bought car from.

Thanks. I definitly will look into it. Good idea to contact my dealer. thanks.

Thanks. I definitly will look into it. Good idea to contact my dealer. thanks.

I've learned from experience that not everyone knows what a dash cam is and if they do they don't always appreciate what they actually do. When I asked my dealership to place my new state inspection sticker two inches to the left (because of where they put them in my state) I got blank stares. Then I showed them some dash cam footage on my iPad and what the camera looks like and the service manager and mechanic got all excited by the concept and were happy to accommodate me. It made all the difference.

Back