What video settings are you using on your LK-7900?

I just received my LK-7900 and I'm slightly disappointed with the results. Trees are a blurry blob until I get pretty close, and the license plates are difficult to read while moving. I'm on the Ac23 firmware.

The image posted above is very low resolution, would it be possible to see a higher resolution image?

I downgraded to AC19.

Picture looks better, but still cannot fully recognize license plates. Only with some educated guess...
Now. I would not blame Lukas for this. I compaired Russian and Korean plates (from the videos I saw before) and I must say that their plate layouts is different from what we have in Ontario, Canada. They have more space between symbols, and their plates are wider than we have here. Probably because of this, the symbols here cannot be recognized. Ours are only 30cm wide, while their is 52 cm wide - nearly twise wide:
http://wodila.ru/number.shtml

Still, I think AC19 is better, as I don't drive at night and all the improvements that have been done are for night videos. CPL filter removed the reflection, but video is pretty good. Cannot compare with what I got on AC23... BTW, the max settings in AC19, results in videos with 11MBs bit rate. The same you will get with AC23...

On the other note, I start noticing some flikering of the videos. I checked videos that I done on different firmware (AC19, AC21, AC23) and I still can see that effect. Anyone else noticed it?

Last edited by a moderator:
On AC23 my video is noticeably more blurry on the sides.. But I did drop the camera once or twice, I figured it was because of that..

vitali_vg said:
I downgraded to AC19.

On the other note, I start noticing some flikering of the videos. I checked videos that I done on different firmware (AC19, AC21, AC23) and I still can see that effect. Anyone else noticed it?

Is the flickering random throughout the clip? I did have trouble at the end and beginning of each video but I found it do be from using a rather old system. I get far better results on a newer high power computer and a gaming laptop also new. Smoother and better quality with latest video card updates.

I just wanted to chime in that I am also having the same issues with license plate readability. Within 10-15 feet (I have two, one camera front and one back) the license plate is readable. But that is directly in front or back or to the diagonal (<- only if at a stand still). But if further than that distance or if passing by a vehicle to the side, the license plate (I am in Toronto, Ontario, Canada), the license text becomes a blob, almost as if it was blurred purposefully after the fact.

Using the latest AC27 and still. I might have to email them to complain >.<

Hi Guys,
I have my Lukas now for a few month and the car is sitting in full sun. Since I drive only ~600 miles a year (yes a year) the car is sitting. I get +120F here in Florida (once checked at 2 PM 135F) in the car in daytime and the camera works perfect, did not shut-off. The front windshield on the car has no shaded area in front of the mirror either. Memory stick 64Gb, from time to time I take the stick out, to my laptop and it is hot, almost burns my fingers. I take the stick out to upgrade the firmware. All in all, it exceeds the max specs from Lukas. I am lucky it works that great. Picture quality is excellent except I can't get the filter to work, I have dashboard glare in my windshield and recorded too, with or without filter.
I record 24/7 parking mode, extra battery in the trunk, lasts ~ 3 weeks, camera is not connected to my regular battery.
Anybody with problems, try to exchange the camera.
George

When I go full screen using the Lukas viewer, and stop the video (press the space bar) I get a VERY clear picture of the plates in front of me, at a distance of about 45 feet. Can also read bumper stickers, street signs and other road side signs.

You are lucky! I'm dissapointed with the quality of the cam I have. Even when I'm moving with the same speed as the car in front of me the image is blurry. Yes, when we both stop, I can see the plate...

My 7900 (AC29) is not perfect, but I get pretty good stills from the Lukas Viewer. I have the OEM CPL filter on day and night and I can read signs and plates. I have the cam off to the right rather than directly behind my rear view, since my car has a rain sensor that takes up a lot of real estate. I'm sure that makes a difference too...

Anyone have any idea why there seems to be so much variation in video quality? Here's a few very low resolution stills for comparison:

1.png 2.png 4.PNG 6.png

Hi~ please contact your reseller. If you still not receive any helpful advices, please contact the instituion where you can get the warranty.
Or email to cs@astrobile.com.

Best regards,
JAson

Hi. It is better to contact your reseller. If not receive any helpful advices, please contact the institution which issues warranty.

Best regards,
Jason

@ RaffRaff just an observation I am wondering why your speed is showing MPH while your trip meter is showing KPH there might be an issue there that needs addressing as well ......Regards Ipol

@ RaffRaff just an observation I am wondering why your speed is showing MPH while your trip meter is showing KPH there might be an issue there that needs addressing as well ......Regards Ipol

Ipol, my apologies for the delayed reply. Yes I noticed that as well and in my opinion its another software bug that needs to be addressed by Lukas.

All the best,

R

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sundash LK-7900 2
T LK-7900 7
randy LK-7900 4
M LK-7900 13
D LK-7900 14
Back