When does Camera turn on?

Airborne

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
A129
I have been shutting off camera in my truck when I pull into my driveway. The last 2 times when I went back into my truck for a drive the camera is not turning on. Should it not turn on when I start the truck or must one leave it running all the time?
I am going to see what it does when I go out tomorrow. I would hope it would startup when I turn the key.

TBH i have experienced sort of the same with my SG9663DC, if i turn it off on the power button, and then a little later want to turn it on using the same button ( car engine running all the time )
Well than i cant, so i have to turn off the power on the Rhundo devise i use and then turn it on again ( similar to pulling the 12 V plug if not hardwired and then inserting it again )
but pulling the power like that are not a option if you are hard wired.
I would assume that if you turn off on the button ( which i think would be normal if you park at home in your garage and so don't really need parking guard, then the camera should come on as normal the next day when you drive off.

I am not familiar with the viofo cameras but don't they have a shut off timer in the camera ? cuz if they don't then the camera just change to parking mode and record until low cut off are reached.
When i get to try parking mode i will be using a 1 hour cut off timer as i don't really need parking guard other than when i am shopping and it don't take long, so no need to have low battery cut off as anything but a safety guard in day 2 day use, and THE safety in case i need longer time parking guard.

If you are using hard wire, and have set a low battery cut off, it should be safe just letting the camera go into parking mode, and then see what happen then the next day when you want to drive off.
I would assume that no matter how you stop a camera recording ( button or key off ) the camera should come back to life as normal when you start the car again.

But lets see what users of this cameras can contribute with.

OK my friend and yes it is hard wired, and it is wired correctly. I would think the same thing,it should come on when I start the truck and drive off.
If this is the way it works I could of just used the plug on my cigarette lighter.
I just don’t need the camera on when it is parked in my drive way

And to add it is a brand new truck ,so battery is new

Well I went up and now the camera is working like it should. I know as a electrician intermittent problems are hard to get right. I will report back now and then and report. I just wish all our members would do this. They ask for help and they drop out leaving everyone hanging, not cool.... Especially when you have read through the thread and no one on the end of the line..That’s weak!

Reactions: Mtz
Try setting the boot delay in the settings to 5 or 10 seconds.

when you stop the engine, the camera will automatically record in parking mode.
at this time long press "power button" to power off.
the camera will turn on again when the car is started again.
sometimes I do that and I haven't had any problems so far.

TBH i have experienced sort of the same with my SG9663DC, if i turn it off on the power button, and then a little later want to turn it on using the same button ( car engine running all the time )
not sure if you're aware but in that situation you have to press and hold the power button until it boots to turn the camera on

yeah thinking about it after i wrote, i figured mabe a long press would do the trick.

Try setting the boot delay in the settings to 5 or 10 seconds.
5 sec. I have it now, but if it messes up again I will change it to 10, I shut it off at night, holding the button until I see the camera goes off. Some times I go up and check it and the camera is on? So it is probably something I am doing wrong also

5 sec. I have it now, but if it messes up again I will change it to 10, I shut it off at night, holding the button until I see the camera goes off. Some times I go up and check it and the camera is on? So it is probably something I am doing wrong also
If your camera is restarting after manually turning it off, then the fuse that the yellow accessory wire is taped into has become energized again.

If your camera is restarting after manually turning it off, then the fuse that the yellow accessory wire is taped into has become energized again.
No I checked it, I am good on that. I think with the way my hands are I am not shutting the camera off correctly, I will be more careful and keep a eye on it

I have never had a problem with the camera starting up.

What I do though is pull up drive, turn ignition off, wait for it to switch to parking mode, then power off on unit.

But really it shouldn't matter whether it is turned off in driving mode or parking mode.

I have never had a problem with the camera starting up.

What I do though is pull up drive, turn ignition off, wait for it to switch to parking mode, then power off on unit.

But really it shouldn't matter whether it is turned off in driving mode or parking mode.
I do this as well. I’ve manually powered down in regular and parking mode and never had an issue with the camera powering up normally the next time I started my car.

Well I did manually power down camera last night, went to start the truck this morning and camera did not come on. I hung out awhile in the cab thinking give it a chance, but it never came on. I am going up and change the boot delay as suggested to 10 seconds. Stay tune

Now it is working like it should. It could be my fat fingers are not pushing the button correctly. Now I wait for the led to start blinking and then I let go of the button. I sure hope it keeps working, I hope it is my fault and not the hard wire kit. I also increased boot delay to 10 seconds. Stay tune

When manually shutting off the camera by pushing the power button, I usually count to four (one thousand one, one thousand two, one thousand three, one thousand four) before releasing the button.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ok here is what I have. I start truck in morning, camera does not come on. Then shut the truck off and restart, the camera comes on. Weird right?

Try the 10 second boot delay if you haven’t already. If that does not help, tap a different fuse for the yellow wire.
Is this occurring after the hardwire kit reached the voltage cutoff overnight, or after you manually shut the camera down the previous time you left your truck?

After I manually shut camera off at night, I do not have another accessory fuse.
I installed a Blue Sea split panel. There are 6 circuits hot all the time, the other 6 are switched. I found a fuse in my engine bay that was switched, ran that to a relay, and from the relay to the panel. It’s a clean setup. Maybe the relay has something to do with it. I can bypass the relay and try it, but I don,t think that is the problem. It would be one thing to cross off the trouble shooting list

Back