When the message being sent is "cyclists can do whatever they want"

And they are out there !
Just glad those people were on push bikes rather than driving a car or truck .. The more stupid people are , well they should be demoted to lower forms of transport ..
There are people who cant even behave on public transport ..
With more and more people in the world , and the survival of the fittest no longer applicable - Stupid is gaining momentum ...

And no , I was not expecting Zero deaths caused by cyclists ... Because they do kill pedestrians from time to time .. ( That food chain thing - Pedestrians being at the bottom of the ROAD USER food chain )

That food chain thing - Pedestrians being at the bottom of the ROAD USER food chain

If only it was just a ROAD use thing. Pedestrians aren't safe on the pavements any more. This is a perfect example of "give them an inch, they'll take a mile" mentality. The powers that be, having decided that something must be done to protect cyclists (from their own stupidity mostly) chose to create shared cyclist / pedestrian paths in SOME places. Since then, cyclists have decided to ride on the pavement whenever, wherever they feel like it, and God help any pedestrian who cares to impede them.

I've had this myself - a cyclist tried to start a fight with me because I wouldn't dive out of his way on a narrow walkway - EVEN THOUGH THERE WAS A CYCLE LANE ON THE ROAD LITERALLY INCHES AWAY.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

EXAMPLE of mad inconsiderate cyclist.

I was cleaning my car in my drive. Looked down the road and saw a cyclist on the pavement[for those that don't know, or, don't want to know]which is where pedestrians walk.
He was riding with NO HANDS on the handlebars, but had a mobile phone in his hands which he was engrossed with. To make things worse he was riding at a very fast speed.

I leave you to imagine the outcome if a child ran out of their front gate, or i was reversing my car out...............It doesn't conjure up very nice thoughts.

This is not an isolated incident of cyclists selfish behaviour, but it is one of the worst that i have seen.

Do you still think that cyclists are the persecuted ones???????

One final thing, the verge outside my house is aproximately 1.5 to 2.0 metres wide, with cars parked with their wheels up on the kerb.
This is allowed by the local council so long as there is 1 metre width for pedestrians. Not much room to get out of the way is there, particularly if you pushing a pram in front of you.

Last edited:
I wish people drove their lethal weapons safer , but they don't .

Indeed, make me think i wouldn't even dare to ride a bicycle today or a motorcycle.
The level of stupid on the roads and bicycle paths & sidewalks are simply too big, it might also be the underlying reason why my dream car are not a fancy sports / hyper car, bur rather a 12 - 15 ton bullet / mine proof monster.

BTW where my friend use to live there was a sidewalk ( +1 M wide ) on each side of the 2 car wide road,,,, BUT ! people was mostly walking on the road and expected cars to yeld to them,,,,,,,,, IDIOTS :rolleyes:

I gave up on the cycle ( pedal power ) about 30 year ago ..
And I gave up on the Motor Cycle some 18 years ago ...
And the last few years , I walk more than I drive .. ( Time wise - not distance )

No mater the perspective or opinion or what ever , I think we all agree it's getting worse out there ..
Isn't that why we have cammed up !

In city centers it is ofter quicker to walk than to catch a taxi

In city centers it is ofter quicker to walk than to catch a taxi

just a shame our public transport isn't better, I've got a Chinese drivers license but still get around mostly by train when I'm in China as the transport system is really good

Back