Where did you mount the camera? Post your pictures

How I mounted in a truck:

Here is how it is looking the recording video:
For me is an amazing view!

enjoy,
Mtz
at the beginning there, looks like abandoned area, dirt paddock area, turning the wheel to the left, starting off slowly, thought you were gonna floor it and start doing a donut.

Reactions: Mtz
Here are my G1WH and G90:
20140724_085245-jpg.6401

Just took out my Blacksys CF-100 (moving it to another car) to install two Panorama S cameras. Hid all wires and used a dual hard wire kit. I was going to mount the rear in the corner but changed my mind and got creative with the extra wiring in the power magic pro plus by running the rear wires/power port to the column next to the drivers seat and hiding the connection in there. That made the power cable to rear camera long enough to reach the middle of the rear window.

Attachments

• P1010004.JPG
    P1010004.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 166
  • P1010007.JPG
    P1010007.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 156
  • P1010005.JPG
    P1010005.JPG
    228.6 KB · Views: 169
  • P1010006.JPG
    P1010006.JPG
    300.5 KB · Views: 166
  • P1010008.JPG
    P1010008.JPG
    268.5 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Got my new g1wh the other day and the suction cup that came with it was useless. It couldn't hold the windshield for some reason and when it did, the next day I came out to the car and found that the suction cup decided to destroy itself...

Anyways, the cup wasn't low profile enough hide the camera behind the mirror so I made my down low profile magnet mount with a piece of galvanized steel and neodymium magnets. Now it's almost fully hidden.

http://imgur.com/Zj8lBjT
http://imgur.com/EchUlr0
http://imgur.com/pU8yj3z
http://imgur.com/RV0ISrv
http://imgur.com/dfLCRsW

The camera is held on with 3 magnets on the body, and the metal bracket has 3 magnets to help with positioning. So far it held up very well to the lateral g's from an autocross/autoslalom day as seen below

Tough to tell it's there if you're not looking for it.

Attachments

• s1000rr-mobius.jpg
    s1000rr-mobius.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 143
Stealthy, but looks vulnerable to water, stones, insects...

Don't use it in the rain because I don't ride in the rain. It's a cheap camera so I'm not concerned about rocks damaging it (better the camera gets the rock than the bike).

Don't use it in the rain because I don't ride in the rain. It's a cheap camera so I'm not concerned about rocks damaging it (better the camera gets the rock than the bike).
JooVuu waterproof case may solve those issues. https://joovuu.com/gb/home/103-mobius-waterproof-case.html

Just be aware that some have mentioned that the tripod mount is weak, so mount it a different way and you're set

The mount that came on my G90 suctions keeps falling off. Also I have a Sunshade for my windshield so everytime I put it up I would have take down my dashcam mount or I could leave it there but than it would leave a little dent on my sunshade. I love the idea of a dashcam, however these inconveniences is really a pain. I would hope car makers make an area on the windshield for these type of devices.

Now as I think of it the G90 is a bit too big considering I'm looking more discretion and easier to mount.

The mount that came on my G90 suctions keeps falling off. Also I have a Sunshade for my windshield so everytime I put it up I would have take down my dashcam mount or I could leave it there but than it would leave a little dent on my sunshade. I love the idea of a dashcam, however these inconveniences is really a pain. I would hope car makers make an area on the windshield for these type of devices.

Now as I think of it the G90 is a bit too big considering I'm looking more discretion and easier to mount.
Mobius is probably the most discrete you can get, and has simple mounts. Or if the adhesive mount doesn't suit your needs, you can fabricate your own as many have done in the diy section.

Also, just as a tip, no dash can or other electronic device should be left in front of a sun shade reflector. They can cause even more extreme temps that can cause devices to fail. But I assume you know this since you are taking the cam down before using it.

Also, just as a tip, no dash can or other electronic device should be left in front of a sun shade reflector. They can cause even more extreme temps that can cause devices to fail. But I assume you know this since you are taking the cam down before using it.

Interesting. Makes alot of sense of course but sometimes I do want to put my sunshade up so that my steering wheel and interior don't feel like hot fire when I get back in the car. Any work around for this? I suppose I could lay the sunshade flat on my dash instead of up against the windshield? Or unplug the dashcam before starting the car so it has a little time to cool off before powering on?

Interesting. Makes alot of sense of course but sometimes I do want to put my sunshade up so that my steering wheel and interior don't feel like hot fire when I get back in the car. Any work around for this? I suppose I could lay the sunshade flat on my dash instead of up against the windshield? Or unplug the dashcam before starting the car so it has a little time to cool off before powering on?

I'm not sure the way around this for you. In my case, my mobius is mounted just below my mirror arm, so if i do put a shade up it sits in the nook in the material designed for the mirror. I'm sure letting the camera cool before turning it on would help, but it is my understanding that with many electronics, even when off the temps could damage them or melt the casing. I'd just try to get the dash cam behind the shade or possibly make a new slit in the shade to go around the cam.

Here is my set up. Nearly invisible inside and out unless you really go looking for it.

TypVIpj.jpg

lpl6M0d.jpg

Also, here is my new rear camera, the 808 #16 V3. Not as stealth as I could have made it, but the install was simple. I may make a bracket to hang it right onto the headliner in the future, but for now this will do.

HSD1S81.jpg

uScmVWO.jpg

hwEbjBy.jpg

Q44Y9Y9.jpg

Also, here is my new rear camera, the 808 #16 V3. Not as stealth as I could have made it, but the install was simple. I may make a bracket to hang it right onto the headliner in the future, but for now this will do.

I have a similar mount for a Mobius in the rear of my Toyota pick-up truck, partly because it is hard to mount a camera on a perfectly vertical glass. Happily it isn't really all that noticeable and the tinted glass helps a lot. I mentioned just recently elsewhere here on DCT that my experience with the Mobius (and the 808 #16 would be very similar) is that I've learned that even when people notice it they don't immediately recognize it as a camera they way they might with other units, so there can be less concern when people do see it. As I also mentioned the other day, in reviewing footage of what goes on in the vehicles right behind me, like at traffic lights and roundabouts, I've discovered a whole world of crazy behavior I wasn't really aware of with just my rearview mirror. :) This seems to be a confirmation that people don't see a camera pointed at them.

Check the A118. You can still use your sun shade. :)
yja3aguj.jpg

Are there any problems that could arise from mounting the camera to those dots on the windshield? Aren't they heating elements when you turn on the defroster?

I'm thinking about getting the same type of camera, but going with the Street Guardian version. Trying to do as much research as possible before buying.

Back