Where did you mount the camera? Post your pictures

it's not so much the speed that's the issue, just the unpredictability of it, have certainly seen some sights here that's for sure

it's not so much the speed that's the issue, just the unpredictability of it, have certainly seen some sights here that's for sure
When I was in south Korea drivers would make such unpredictable lane changes all the time without signaling. They would also run red lights all the time in the middle of the day.

In a way I sorta liked it though. When we were stopped in a left turn lane with a protected left turn light multiple cars and even a semi truck just went around us and made left turns from the straight lane. There were no cars coming so why not? I think you SHOULD be able to treat red lights as stop signs when you can see it's safe to go.

here were no cars coming so why not? I think you SHOULD be able to treat red lights as stop signs when you can see it's safe to go.

I can see an argument for such a move however as all drivers are not of an equal 'standard of proficiency' then sadly such a rule would create mayhem given that many drivers consider the road is all THEIRS and it is THEY who have the right of way. I witnessed such a situation last week when a driver went through a STOP sign and caught a car traveling along the 'main road' and caused it to flip over - it was the lack of driver attention to the rules that caused the accident.

Sadly we (here at least) live in a "ME I and MINE" society so rules apply to everyone else and not them.

When I was in south Korea drivers would make such unpredictable lane changes all the time without signaling. They would also run red lights all the time in the middle of the day.

In a way I sorta liked it though. When we were stopped in a left turn lane with a protected left turn light multiple cars and even a semi truck just went around us and made left turns from the straight lane. There were no cars coming so why not? I think you SHOULD be able to treat red lights as stop signs when you can see it's safe to go.
After living for years in a place where people cared less about the very few stops signs or traffic laws and even buses drove into oncoming traffic to pass red lights, I can't agree with you. It may force you to be more aware and careful yet it also makes for a ridiculous amount of dangerous situations. Add in no testing/education requirement to obtain a license and you get the picture.

There were very few stop signs and lights to make them stop, only speed bumps to slow them down. It made crossing the road by car or foot very difficult because you relied on people's courtesy to allow you to pass or your boldness to force your way in. You need to cross the street on foot like the game Frogger: one lane at a time. I'm happier with rules and an ordered system.

Modded G1W suction mount has been holding onto the dot section on my prius windshield for a couple of weeks. I modded it similar to what I saw on this DIY section thread so that it would move up about 3cm and tuck nicely behind the mirror

Attachments

• G1W suction inside.jpg
    G1W suction inside.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 187
  • G1W suction outside.jpg
    G1W suction outside.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 186
  • G1W modded suction.jpg
    G1W modded suction.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 167
Last edited by a moderator:
the clear should be good as it's listed as being VHB (very high bond) tape, the black looks to be regular double sided tape so you might find this falls off after a while
Do you happen to know how to remove this kind of tape? I currently have the B40/A118 dashcam and am using the 3M tape it came with...I mounted it to my car the other day and when trying to remove the mount, it pretty much tore my fingers apart...very hard to get off and I never managed to remove it. I can only imagine VHB is even harder to get off. Any tips? I don't plan to remove it now, just would like an idea of how to if I ever wanted to. I have it on my tinted windows too so I assume the tint is gonna be ruined eventually :(

Use the string that came in the box to saw through the tape
Is this the string you are referring to? I wondered what it was for when I first got the dashcam and good thing I left it in the box. It's the only string in the box but it seems to be just a braided cotton string. Also, do you happen to know what the small screw in the corner is for? Came in the baggy with the string.

HVgG3qX.jpg

Front: Mini 0803. Had a polarized lens on it but took it out for better image quality. Waiting for the angled usb adapter to better hide the cable.
nehyvy6a.jpg
upy3e7am.jpg

Rear: Mobius B
qypene7y.jpg
mujetequ.jpg
vanyzepy.jpg

^^^^ now there's a place you need a front and rear cam set up;)

External picture of my C600.
Tried mounting on the dimpled section but picture seems better with it lower down.
SDC10012.jpg

I know the white cable shows up more but it was what I had.

Keiman, can you upload quick sample at day time and night time from this c600 but from the inside cabin? with the IR leds on. I want to see if the IR leds illuminates the inside cabin. from the same position but pointed backwards.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...ear-passengers-but-cheap-details-inside.7653/
if you want to "keep you in private" you can record the empty cabin.
It can be very helpful for me..

Hey everyone!

This is my setup in my Subaru Forester 2014. Dual (pro tempore?) Mini 0803 + Mobius in front and Mobius in the rear.
I need to do a better job concealing the cables in a couple of spots... on my to do list. On the other hand, not very happy with the results, too much glare from the dashboard and "A" pillars. It was a sunny day here when I took DCs for a quick spin as you can see in the video.

IMHO, the Mini has a better image than Mobius, though PITA to find the right place to stick it and aim in the right direction.

More pics here... http://imgur.com/a/gkKk2
and video here...

2EPogFO.jpg

NJ2huK3.jpg

KTsm1uj.jpg

piNXD95.jpg

3E7Z3aQ.jpg

Last edited:
Great mounts. Does anyone know where I can get the 3M Adhesive Pads to mount a G90? The G90 mount is not the greatest as it keeps falling off. Also do you guys use sun shades for your windshields? I find it that there might be a conflict with the dashcams but I like using the sun shades because it protects the car from the sun and keeps it cool. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

You can use some type which is made from two pieces, like this:

IMG_7622.jpg

enjoy,
Mtz

Hello Quidagis ! I am an owner of same fantastic car , Subaru Forester 2010 . Where do you mounted your back Mobius , because my rear trunk has the light attached on it and I would have to put my Mobius on the ,, fixed,, part of the ,,back roof'' , but with a ,,hanging,, appliance in order to overtake the height of the back light when closed... hope you will understand... My model I think it's little different in the back part .If I will try to fix the Mobius on the mobile part ( rear windows ) I think it will be not good for it , with so many ,,plums '' ! I have a Mobius too and same assessment : great reliable dashcam ! I do not have a Mini , but from your video it appears to be a lower quality than Mobius...

Hello Quidagis ! I am an owner of same fantastic car , Subaru Forester 2010 . Where do you mounted your back Mobius , because my rear trunk has the light attached on it and I would have to put my Mobius on the ,, fixed,, part of the ,,back roof'' , but with a ,,hanging,, appliance in order to overtake the height of the back light when closed... hope you will understand... My model I think it's little different in the back part .If I will try to fix the Mobius on the mobile part ( rear windows ) I think it will be not good for it , with so many ,,plums '' ! I have a Mobius too and same assessment : great reliable dashcam ! I do not have a Mini , but from your video it appears to be a lower quality than Mobius...

Hey Mac!

As soon as I have the chance to take a few detailed shots I will upload, OK?. To show you how I ran the cables and how I managed to install my Mobius rear dash cam.

Subaru Forester?... one of the best, yes.

Last edited:
Here is my Panorama-G mounted in my 2013 Ford Fusion. I mounted it up behind the rear-view mirror. This shot is with a polarizing filter on my camera so you can actually see the Panorama-G.
OutsideView-Compact-2-Frnt-CPL-2.jpg

Here it is with out the Polarization filter:
OutsideView-Compact-2-Frnt-2.jpg

Inside View:
InsideView-Compact-2-2.jpg

The wire runs up the mirror-mount to the headliner. It then runs behind the headliner across to the A-pillar on the passenger side, down the outside of the A-pillar behind the door seal to the bottom of the glovebox. It then is tucked/taped across under the glovebox and then plugged into the 12v socket in the center console under the dash.

Back