Where did you mount the camera? Post your pictures

yes, you can stick the 3m tape there (if you want to remove - slowly, step by step).
i also blacked that surface (with plastidip!) so no-one can see the mount and the camera from outside, only the lens (B-wide lens) is showing from the windshield.

Are there any problems that could arise from mounting the camera to those dots on the windshield? Aren't they heating elements when you turn on the defroster?
as @nir pointed out, the dots are there for sun. have had NO issues with the camera mounted there. has never fallen and is totally out of the way. most days I forget it's there, though I do periodically move the mirror so I can see that the red light is flashing (recording). :)

Other than thieves wanting to steal gadgets, what other reasons would you want to hide your dash cam? You don't want people to know that you're recording them? Etiquette?

If I get a dash cam, I'm thinking of Mobius. It's already inconspicuous, but is it necessary to make it totally hidden? Would any of you worry about someone breaking in to steal something as plain and bland as the Mobius?

I want it out of the way so I don't see it when I'm driving. I know it works and is doing what it is supposed to. Plus the A118 has a GPS option which I like. I considered Mobius but the form factor of the A118 and the fact it came with everything in the box needed to use it (except memory card) was a big plus.

Other than thieves wanting to steal gadgets, what other reasons would you want to hide your dash cam? You don't want people to know that you're recording them? Etiquette?

If I get a dash cam, I'm thinking of Mobius. It's already inconspicuous, but is it necessary to make it totally hidden? Would any of you worry about someone breaking in to steal something as plain and bland as the Mobius?
Firstly I don't want some low life to see my dashcam and steal it thinking it may be an expensive device worth wrecking my car for and secondly I don't want to alert a third party that I may have had an incident with that I recorded them.

different strokes for different folks. why do some like Pepsi over Coke? up to the individual.

point is well made gents..

Check the A118. You can still use your sun shade. :)
yja3aguj.jpg

Very nice set-up! Looks almost factory made. :)

Could also be a legal matter. Thankfully not all countries have the same pathetic views upon lots of things, as we have here in Sweden, but here it has been debated (no court case or conviction so far) whether it's legal or not. We have highly restrictive laws regulating camera surveillance, and since a mounted dash cam is considered a permanent set-up, it would most certainly be considered unlawful camera surveillance. Recording other people or motorists with your phone, is however totally ok. :eek:

That said, with a more covert option, not only would I decrease the risk of burglars smashing my window for valuables, but most likely wouldn't law enforcement be able to recognize a covert set-up, on a random stop or something similar. Especially if it looks something like the A118, that could easily be mistaken for a rain sensor, or part of the self parking system some cars have these days.

The funny part, is that if something goes down, I bet my insurance company would love me, and also act in my favour if I could present evidence from a traffic incident. :D

Has anyone ever fitted a dashcam to a MB W211 E Class and if so any pics and/or advice?

Here's my Mini 0801 inside my 96 Toyota Camry. The windshield is more than 18 years old...it's been sandblasted and all scuffed up by the elements... :(

Attachments

• Camry_Mini_0801.JPG
    Camry_Mini_0801.JPG
    186.2 KB · Views: 145
Here's my Mini 0801 inside my 96 Toyota Camry. The windshield is more than 18 years old...it's been sandblasted and all scuffed up by the elements... :(

Did you convert that poor 0801 into a Swiss cheese? ;)

Yes, that's my patent-pending "Swiss Cheese Air Flow" vent design :cool: I drilled holes in the plastic case because the Mini 0801 tends to operate at very very high temperatures...also, during winter, when the heater is blown onto the windshield, the camera won't trap the heat.

Remind me of gassers from years gone by, ppl would drill holes all over to lose weight.

Lean mean recording machine. :D

Reactions: jhm
Finally got some pics of my front cam, looking a bit tatty now, could do with a new stealth paint makeover. and if you look in the mirror my rear cam too.
1.jpg 1.jpg 3.jpg
And from the passenger side.
5.jpg
And the little sticky tabs on the dashboard where I am experimenting with the Mobius till I decide where to put it.

:p at the happy face in the rearview mirror...

Always weirds me out to see you cats driving/parking on the opposite side of the street. I always wonder if you cats across the pond ever see it weird us cats here in the USA drive opposite...o_O

Always weirds me out to see you cats driving/parking on the opposite side of the street. I always wonder if you cats across the pond ever see it weird us cats here in the USA drive opposite...o_O

I drive on both sides, China drives on the wrong side of the road like the USA :D and it is a weird feeling at first, coming out of car parks etc onto roads with no markings can see you venture out onto the wrong side of the road, if you're not careful you could easily end up in someones dashcam video on YouTube with everyone commenting about what an idiot you are :p

I drive on both sides, China drives on the wrong side of the road like the USA :D and it is a weird feeling at first, coming out of car parks etc onto roads with no markings can see you venture out onto the wrong side of the road, if you're not careful you could easily end up in someones dashcam video on YouTube with everyone commenting about what an idiot you are :p
LOL. Ive seen a few people over here driving on both sides of the road too! Usualy invols a bit/lot of Booze.

LOL. Ive seen a few people over here driving on both sides of the road too! Usualy invols a bit/lot of Booze.

have to be careful here in China, it's not uncommon to have someone coming at you the wrong way on a freeway offramp because they've missed a turn or whatever

been to china a few times, I don't want to ever driver over there, too fast and dangerous for me. just being a passenger in a taxi or van or bus is scary enough.
atleast you made it, plane didn't crash or anything.

Back