Where did you mount the camera? Post your pictures

Here is my Panorama-G mounted in my 2013 Ford Fusion. I mounted it up behind the rear-view mirror. This shot is with a polarizing filter on my camera so you can actually see the Panorama-G.
OutsideView-Compact-2-Frnt-CPL-2.jpg

Here it is with out the Polarization filter:
OutsideView-Compact-2-Frnt-2.jpg

Inside View:
InsideView-Compact-2-2.jpg

The wire runs up the mirror-mount to the headliner. It then runs behind the headliner across to the A-pillar on the passenger side, down the outside of the A-pillar behind the door seal to the bottom of the glovebox. It then is tucked/taped across under the glovebox and then plugged into the 12v socket in the center console under the dash.

The new extra short short pan/tilt swivel adhesive mount really helps make the Panorama G blend right in, very nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mounted it on the chin of my helmet. I've actually changed it a little from the setup in the video, but it's not too far away from here

Hi everyone, This is my first post here.
I am looking to buy a dashcam after just having someone run into me and if it happens again it would be good to have it on video.
My problem is I don't like the idea of the dashcam being near the rear view mirror and the resulting cable routing problems. Can anyone tell me what's wrong with mounting it at the bottom of the windscreen so that the cable simply runs along where the windscreen meets the dash? Seems much neater to me.
Thanks in advance for any help here.
Steve.

Hi everyone, This is my first post here.
I am looking to buy a dashcam after just having someone run into me and if it happens again it would be good to have it on video.
My problem is I don't like the idea of the dashcam being near the rear view mirror and the resulting cable routing problems. Can anyone tell me what's wrong with mounting it at the bottom of the windscreen so that the cable simply runs along where the windscreen meets the dash? Seems much neater to me.
Thanks in advance for any help here.
Steve.

The view from the top portion of the windscreen is usually considered optimal but there is no reason you can't mount a camera anywhere you want. HERE is an example of a member who chose to mount his camera directly on the dashboard.

Look at Innovv C3 camera. I think is a good option if you want to mount it on the dashboard.

enjoy,
Mtz

My problem is I don't like the idea of the dashcam being near the rear view mirror and the resulting cable routing problems. Can anyone tell me what's wrong with mounting it at the bottom of the windscreen so that the cable simply runs along where the windscreen meets the dash?

If I can route the cable behind the roof headlining, down the A pillar, & behind the dash trim to the accessory socket, then so can you. It's easy to do.

You can mount it at the bottom of the windscreen if you wish, however, you may end up with a lot of dash & bonnet in the lower third of your video footage.

Very true

It won't happened to me .. been driving 8 yrs. .( don't want to say too early)

Record both front and back ..NOTE 3 can do it. . It's enough for me. . And police took my evidence one time coz I record one accident.

So I guess it's good enough
Unfortunately you have no control over someone else's driving or intent. A good example is Optimus Prime in transformers, he still gets pistol whipped from time to time yet he is an autobot from cybertron.

Unfortunately you have no control over someone else's driving or intent. A good example is Optimus Prime in transformers, he still gets pistol whipped from time to time yet he is an autobot from cybertron.

You're right! This begs the question of why doesn't Optimus Prime have a dash cam on his windshield? :)

OPrime.jpg

Optimus might be using a version of the technology displayed in the GI Joe movie, the part where they tap into the brain of the dead guy so see what he have seen.

This will allso be the best option regarding Optimus as he allways seem to get blown to smithereens, i am just wodering if he has been upgraded to USB 3.0 in his last retrofit.

Last edited:
Seems pointed a little high, you may have issues in certain lighting conditions. Always try to keep the sky shots to a minimum to help the exposure focus better on the road

^ Not an expert by any measure but I would be very satisfied with that installation..

you might want to look at getting yourself the RF shielded case for the Mobius, it is noisy enough electrically that it may impact the performance of your radar detector being mounted like that

you might want to look at getting yourself the RF shielded case for the Mobius, it is noisy enough electrically that it may impact the performance of your radar detector being mounted like that

That's a very good point, would any old conductive metal box (or wire mesh) do, dumped to ground?

That's a very good point, would any old conductive metal box (or wire mesh) do, dumped to ground?

I don't think that would work, better to just try and contain the radiated EMF and keep it away from the radar detector, the detector may have some sort of way of dealing with that noise but I would think the close proximity could be less than ideal

Can you provide a link to this case? I can't seem to find it when I search online for it and want to make sure I get the right one. The radar detector still works driving past automatic doors and whatnot but I guess it is possible it could make it less sensitive or something.

Back