Where did you mount the camera? Post your pictures

That's a nice thread my dashcam is by far one of the extravagantly mountings :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

dashcam.jpg

The most important things for me are that the camera is easy to mount and unmount because it only lays on this non-slippery surface and that it's almost not recognizable from outside :)

An interesting place to put your DVR on the dashboard. A word of caution when you hit those emergency brakes the DVR might be quite dangerous for yourself and passengers as it is not securely mounted.

The dash cam weighs not even 50 grams. When I do an emergency stop then nothing happens when an accident happens and the car rolls over then everything can be dangerous even a lighter or a pen :)

Just a heads up, a box of tissues on the rear parcel shelf is the equivalent of a brick being projected when the vehicle reaches 100kmph.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

when you hit something like a tree or another car at 100kmh you are dead instantly no matter if the dash cam is mounted or not

I'm referring to an emergency break and that box of tissues hitting a person.

to my defense I have to say that the surface sticks to the dashboard and the dash cam sticks to the sticking surface.

When you hit the emergency break at high speed then I think everything is dangerous in the car even a cigarette in the ashtray.

But you guys warned me enough I think in a few days I'll have a hard wired dash cam behind the mirror

I wasn't thrilled with the big suction cup circle on my windshield, so inspired by a post by Snarfblat, I got this clamp on mount as well as this quick release and I am very happy with the setup. Here's how they look on a ceiling mounted Honda Element rear view mirror holding a DVR-027.

UKtLYf4.jpg

BiwlSGg.jpg

In case you are wondering where the power cord is, I was embarrassed that I still have it dangling straight down so I unplugged it for these shots. :roll: I will tuck it around the windshield soon.

Here's how it looks from my view. Sorry for the exposure, but the point was to see how far below the mirror the camera hangs. The answer is not very. Mind you, I do have a slightly larger wide angle mirror stuck on top of the stock one.

Z9bD94I.jpg

And from the outside. Of course, this was taken from a bright LA day in to the car parked in my dark garage, so most of the time my windshield isn't this transparent. I really do need to cover up those IR LEDs...

whTlr7M.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Milamber said:
Just a heads up, a box of tissues on the rear parcel shelf is the equivalent of a brick being projected when the vehicle reaches 100kmph.

Would be safer to hold the box of tissues down with a brick to stop it from moving ;)

A couple of pics showing the installation of my just received LB100. It's currently hooked to the cig adapter but I plan on hardwiring it in tomorrow. The pic from the front really doesn't show how visible it really is. That lens ring really stands out. I plan on blacking that out soon too.
7B332C36-C5E4-4343-8107-DAB60E1A470F-24920-000008625439EEAE_zpsa35ac8e3.jpg

ACE8EC22-9B7B-4C68-AC22-E520356ABAF8-24920-000008625083E81C_zps7cb9a182.jpg

Why not upper? The upper it is a camera the hidden is. Even if you will catch some windshield tint on the top of the recorded image is not a bad thing, maybe is better because will help camera creating a good contrast.

enjoy,
Mtz

I've hard wired my LB100 and also painted the front panel in flat back. The image below shows what it looks like now. It's definitely not as obvious as it was previously.

Mine are here Front one is a Blackvue DR 400g HD Rear one is a DR350 Vehicle is a 2010 VW Passat Wagon Cameras are attched using 3 M DUAL LOCK tape

I hope your camera will not vibrate.
Dashcams needs strong fixed mount.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
I hope your camera will not vibrate.
Dashcams needs strong fixed mount.

enjoy,
Mtz

If you are referring to my post I can vouch for 3 M Duallock as it grips better than a 13year old boy LOL

It is asexual and so can be used easily on both surfaces and it is resistant to high temps
Have attached pics to show it close up

It isnt cheap as it cost me $20 for a metre of it

Closeup of front surface showing teeth

Back of tape

Closeup of teeth

Cross joined

I understood. I still hope it will not vibrate or create the jello effect when you are parked with the car and the engine is running.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mounted my CR500 high behind the mirror as the christmas lights annoy me.

2013-04-14%2018.58.36.jpg

2013-04-14%2018.58.58.jpg

2013-04-06%2017.32.32.jpg

2013-04-06%2017.33.58.jpg

jamesbcd said:

Cant you turn them off in settings You can in the Blackvue models.

Mtz said:
I understood. I still hope it will not vibrate or create the jello effect when you are parked with the car and the engine is running.

enjoy,
Mtz

Dont worry it is rock solid and really hard to pull apart gives a perfect picture even on gravel roads

Hillbilly said:
jamesbcd said:

Cant you turn them off in settings You can in the Blackvue models.

Nope, no option. :(

Back