Where did you mount the camera? Post your pictures

During the nights when my vehicle was parked in the driveway, it would glow with repeated flashes like the inside of a spaceship from a star trek movie.

It's a shame the lights can't be disabled...
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Man, if you are driving the car from your avatar this can be a good thing. :lol:

enjoy,
Mtz

Not a problem for me but I can see why others don't like it.

I mount it high so when in parking mode you can't see it unless you peer through the windows and see the small reflections behind the mirror.

jamesbcd said:
Hillbilly said:
jamesbcd said:
Mounted my CR500 high behind the mirror as the christmas lights annoy me.

Cant you turn them off in settings You can in the Blackvue models.

Nope, no option. :(

You should have bought a Blackvue then as they can turn ALL the lights off

Lukas LK-7900. I want to tint my upper window more. :(

2013-04-16%2019.24.46.jpg

2013-04-16%2019.24.55.jpg

2013-04-16%2019.25.13.jpg

2013-04-16%2019.25.18.jpg

Why don't you fixed the mount on the small dots area and the lens to be just under it?

enjoy,
Mtz

I have my FineVu on the passenger side at the moment. Tempted to take it off completely as it just doesn't capture plates as well as the cheap Lukas.
Then mount the Lukas higher up on the passenger side. It does stick out quite a bit especially with the clear plastic holder. :cry:

You can try mounting the Lukas LK-7900 more to the anti-glare portion on the upper left or upper right of the windscreen, not centered but next to the mirror holder. Your Lukas LK-7900 will still look stealth.

The latest blackvue DR500GW is bulkier than all other previous versions. As the body is larger and does not fit within the anti-glare area, I opted for it to be mounted right below the rain and light sensor blending the DVR's body against the back of the rear view mirror which is matt black in color.

It is a real pity Pittasoft have included this silver mount against a black DVR body which does draws some unwanted attention. Apart from this, I must say this Wi-Fi DVR is Pittasoft's best effort to date. ;)
2vtb4ao.jpg

I bolted my GS1000 to the rain sensor cover behind the interior mirror, using a custom bracket:

GS1000.jpg

And I attached my DR32 to the rear headrest, it's inverted so the lens is higher up and it's well hidden behind tinted glass:

DR32.jpg

Mitch said:
It is a real pity Pittasoft have included this silver mount against a black DVR body which does draws some unwanted attention. Apart from this, I must say this Wi-Fi DVR is Pittasoft's best effort to date. ;)
2vtb4ao.jpg

Black marker??

I agree with the comments about the DR500 it's an awesome built camera, so is the FineVu but the video quality is in some serious need of an upgrade on both devices which is why I sold both and finally got the front and rear camera sorted with insane image quality and design.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

For those of you who mounted on the anti-glare part of the windshield (the black dot part), do you have any problems removing the adhesive from it? Does it do any damage to it? I want to mount my dashcam at the highest point, near the center, but afraid to stick it to the antiglare material.

Synaptixx said:
For those of you who mounted on the anti-glare part of the windshield (the black dot part), do you have any problems removing the adhesive from it? Does it do any damage to it? I want to mount my dashcam at the highest point, near the center, but afraid to stick it to the antiglare material.

No problems here, the adhesive just peels off (with some force).

jamesbcd said:
Synaptixx said:

No problems here, the adhesive just peels off (with some force).

Great to hear! Thanks.

I'm playing around with different mounting positions. The highest and most centered view of the windshield is the best?

p_dashcam said:
Mitch said:
2vtb4ao.jpg

Black marker??

I chose to leave the silver portion as it is.

Back