Where did you mount the camera? Post your pictures

Synaptixx said:
For those of you who mounted on the anti-glare part of the windshield (the black dot part), do you have any problems removing the adhesive from it? Does it do any damage to it? I want to mount my dashcam at the highest point, near the center, but afraid to stick it to the antiglare material.

You can simply put the heating on (windshield one) full blast for a five minutes, the heat softens the 3M sticker, and it comes off much easier when using a flat head instrument like a screw driver. Tried and tested!

andrew73 said:
And I attached my DR32 to the rear headrest, it's inverted so the lens is higher up and it's well hidden behind tinted glass:
Can you tell us what device you used to mount the DR32 like that?
Thanks allot.

jamesbcd said:
Lukas LK-7900. I want to tint my upper window more. :(
What do you think the solution is for the clear mount?

Black sticky back plastic on the screen first or paint the mount?

Cheers.

Jazzist said:
jamesbcd said:
Lukas LK-7900. I want to tint my upper window more. :(
What do you think the solution is for the clear mount?

Black sticky back plastic on the screen first or paint the mount?

Cheers.

I relocated it to the black dots on the upper part of my windscreen. It's a lot better but the Lukas is still on the big side in my opinion.

2013-04-18%2017.48.33.jpg

But at least is full black. And you could move it upper, with just the lens to be under the black part of the windshield, and half of the camera to be hidden under the black area.

enjoy,
Mtz

Yeh that would of been better. I can't remember why I didn't mount it further up.
I think it was getting caught on the mirror. I didn't want it too far off centre also as the mount bracket is not that adjustable.

Vico TF2+

Best camera I have ever owned...

outside.jpg

Here is where mine DR500 is placed on my Audi A3 :)

IMG_7669_zpsc0118651.jpg

Nice, but we can't make an idea about how it is looking. Some picture like the previous one by Milamber will be better.

enjoy,
Mtz

I tested the IB-100HD from my cousin and it's just too big for my small car. I bought a cheap DVR-207 and will wait until a good and smaller one will come out. I'm not realy sure if I got the fake or original version because all of my videos are totaly overexposed :mrgreen:

I have it now on my windshields it's just so big in my little toy car :mrgreen:

Here it's just laying on the dashboard and you can see the quick release fastener. And sooner or later I will mount it with a velcro tape directly on the dashboard to mount it easily on and off

And here side by side with my old dashcam "Car Cam One HD" it's almost twice as big and when the DVR-207 is the original version it'll have exact the same video quality.

I just installed my Livue LB100 at the top most part of my windshield above the the rear-view mirror. In anticipation of delivery of my Livue, I also installed a strip of window film last week to help hide the dashcam once mounted as my windows have no type of tinting.

Not sure if I want to relocate it though. From this location:

1. It can easily be seen through the door windows and back windows
2. It is difficult to remove the SD card. I either have to rotate the dashcam or remove the rear-view mirror.
3. I will have to cut a "hole" in the film around the lens so that the recordings come out brighter. Not much of a problem during the day but at night it is too dark.

If I relocate it behind the rearview mirror:

1. It won't be as protected from the sun as it currently is
2. Won't be as high
3. I will have to paint the rear of the mirror black (not a problem)
4. Will not be easily seen through the outside windows
5. Removing the SD card will still be difficult. I will have to remove the mirror.

I can relocate it on the upper most part of the windshield to the left of the rear-view mirror but I don't like how it obstructs that part of my view. Though, I really don't have to be looking through that part of the windshield. Also, the lens won't be as centered.

Any suggestions/comments?

Attachments

• Outside view.JPG
    Outside view.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 433
  • Inside view.JPG
    Inside view.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 432
Mine is behind the inside mirror so I don't see it when I'm driving.
I have the cord go around the top stuck on with tape so its not seen.

The hole in the film must be very big. Before cutting it try to put some electrical tape on your windshield, something like a hole or rectangle to imagine how big the hole must to be.
I think you need to relocate the camera.

enjoy,
Mtz

Jazzist said:
andrew73 said:
And I attached my DR32 to the rear headrest, it's inverted so the lens is higher up and it's well hidden behind tinted glass:
Can you tell us what device you used to mount the DR32 like that?
Thanks allot.

Sorry I missed your question a while ago...

I used a rubber-lined P-clip, like this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AN-6-6AN-AN6- ... 231ec5ffe0

...mated with a CCTV bracket, something like this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Mini-Me ... 2a29d87503
(I had an old one lying around which is a bit shorter, make sure the base can be unscrewed, some are fixed)

bracket.jpg

DR32 is working ok inverted, I rotate the clips in Handbrake software.

Mtz said:
The hole in the film must be very big. Before cutting it try to put some electrical tape on your windshield, something like a hole or rectangle to imagine how big the hole must to be.
I think you need to relocate the camera.

enjoy,
Mtz

That makes perfect sense Mtz. I was trying to think how I could determine where and how large to cut and your way is so simple. I have a feeling I will have to relocate behind the mirror. Thanks.

The windshield is reflecting too much light. We cannot see where you mount the camera. Try to make another pictures.

enjoy,
Mtz

You can see the adhesive under the black dotted area.

jamesbcd said:
You can see the adhesive under the black dotted area.

Yep and I can also see the adhesive from his rear view mirror but no mirror!

The idea is to show the camera from outside the vehicle, not the adhesiveness and no camera from reflective glass :)

The picture isn't great but I can still see the camera ok. :eek:

Back