Where did you mount the camera? Post your pictures

Unfortunately stands out like a ginger in a playground against a light rear view mirror housing.

Unfortunately stands out like a ginger in a playground against a light rear view mirror housing.

It does. I might go the the breakers and get a black mirror.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does. I might go the the breakers and get a black mirror.

Why not just move the camera above the white rear-view in place of the toll transponder? (or whatever that is) It would look much stealthier and avoid the expense and hassle of replacing the mirror.

Yeah if there is wiper coverage up there it would be good, transponder can go anywhere ( i think )

Not possible as the top of the screen is tinted and there is a mesh printed all along the top edge.

That is certainly not apparent in your photos.

Sounds like you may have to do a mirror replacement after all. I wonder if perhaps you might be able to modify your current rear view mirror with a paint job or black mask behind the camera?

You could just use black spray paint designed for plastic. I used this spray to make my toll tag black.

20180422_125227.jpg

Here are two set ups of mine.

My previous car and camera. A 2000 Honda Accord with a Mobius (C2+Lens extension). Power was supplied by a Nextbase hardwire kit. This ran flawlessly until the day I took it out to sell the car. Had a 64GB SanDisk card in since 2015ish and never had a problem. Nearly impossible to see from outside and most people in the car never knew it was there unless I pointed it out. Handily the top status light would reflect off the windscreen in darker conditions.
View attachment 37556View attachment 37557View attachment 37558

My current car - a 2008 Kia Cee'd now has a Mini 0906 kit installed. Same Nextbase hardwire kit with an adapter. Nowhere near as stealthy and I'm not entirely happy with it as a solution but the image quality is a marked improvement and dual 1080 is nice. Unfortunately in order to make the cabling tidy and the front camera harder to spot I can no longer see either the screen or status lights from the driver's side.
I imagine I will be getting a StreetGuardian dual remote kit when it comes along as I would prefer a much neater install. The less on display the better.
View attachment 37566View attachment 37564View attachment 37563View attachment 37562View attachment 37561View attachment 37560
I liked your remote mobius lens solution. I don't think I've seen someone do it quite like that before.

I liked your remote mobius lens solution. I don't think I've seen someone do it quite like that before.
It had the added benefit of keeping the main unit of the mobius out of the sun too.

Here's my current setup. It's a Rexing V1P on suction cup mount. I mount it as close to the center of my windscreen as I am able, but since the auto-dimming rear view mirror is so thick, it forces me to mount it a little further than I'd like. It's close enough that I am able to easily press the lock button if/when necessary.
V1P Jeep front cam inside view.jpgV1P Jeep rear cam outside view.jpg

You would win a lot of space if you dident use that suction cup, also the GPS mouse i would have installed tilted 90 degrees, it appear to be unusual large for a GPS antenna.

Mini 0903 on Audi A4 B8 (Typ 8K) left hand drive board

CamCar1.jpg
Cam_v2_6.jpg

The first test is a slightly sidelong video :) All types of roads.
Cam_v2_0.jpg
coloring front part of dash cam: only 2x layers of priming. In agreement, this color harmoniously blends in with the cabin :)

In the same way I also prepared the CPL filter frame. Easily to disassemble it before.
Cam_v2_2.jpg
Cam_v2_1.jpg
GPS module separating from cam mounting bracket. Due known interference issue I decided separate GPS unit from dash cam mount.
I am not shure it was good or bad solution. Any way the behavior of GPS in my case is unpredictable. One day GPS lock in 1-2 mins,
other days dash cam even does not smell GPS & not show GPS icon in screen. Another days show GPS icon but not lock all day...
Cam_v2_5.jpg
For powering dash cam I used Parking Guard Hardwire Kit. Powering with cigarette lighter plug seems insecure to me: always keep track or plug not jump off...
PGHK0.jpg
Fuses of Audi A4 B8.
PGHK01.jpg
PGHK1.jpg
PGHK2.jpg

Here is where I have it currently mounted. Any reason not to mount it on the plastic trim by the rear view mirror?

Attachments

• Fzx4yuc.jpg
    Fzx4yuc.jpg
    378.2 KB · Views: 66
  • Oea9DMh.jpg
    Oea9DMh.jpg
    390.6 KB · Views: 66
You would win a lot of space if you dident use that suction cup, also the GPS mouse i would have installed tilted 90 degrees, it appear to be unusual large for a GPS antenna.
Hi,
I like having the suction cup mount as it moves the cam just a little closer to me so it's easier to hit the button when I'm by myself. The GPS mount is temporary until I can rig something that fits a bit better. Since it seems to work OK, it may be more permanent than temporary. We'll see.

Right now I'm looking for some sort of white plastic U-shaped channel so I can run the rear camera cable through it so it matches the inside of the hard top better.

Not sure if its me being lazy or my cameras "hard" to reach, i am working hard on using the event buttons more as my old way of making a mental note are highly flawed with the abuse i have put on my brain the past 3 decades.
Dual channel camera are helping a lot though it is rare a event start in one end of my car and go on when the offender come into view in the other end.

Update: I just replaced the main unit of the BlackVue DR650GW-2CH IR with a DR650S.
Anfof, with so many cameras, could you please post pic & specs of what you're using as real-time or on-demand monitor(s)/screen(s)?

Back