Where did you mount the camera? Post your pictures

Country
United States
Mounted my Garmin DS55 just to the lower right of the windshield sensor box on my '15 GMC Yukon Denali.... Not obtrusive on either driver or passenger side.... Installed it with the Parking Mode (hardwire kit) and it has the Garmin Polarized Lens Cover (which hides the gold ring from the outside view.... IMG_5327.jpg IMG_5329.jpg IMG_5330_LI.jpg

Noebuhdy

Country
United States
Dash Cam
SG9665GC V1, V3. SG9663DC. Mobius C2.
Similar to the setup I posted a while ago with the SG9665GC V1 (front) and the A118/B40 (rear)
The discretion of these units are very nice to this day still.
PHOTO_20181123_121843.jpg PHOTO_20181123_122043.jpg PHOTO_20181123_121503.jpg PHOTO_20181123_121425.jpg PHOTO_20181123_122208.jpg

Last edited:
Country
United Kingdom
Temporarily put my 512GW on the left of my rear view mirror (Bmw 4 series). But it isn’t ideal. The mirror housing is on the windscreen so if I go too central the cam sees the housing. But if I go too far left (passenger side) its a bit too visible. Where I have it now it’s not easily visible from the drivers seat which is what I want, but then I can’t easily hit any buttons on it..

mcmanus

Country
Canada
Installed the BlackVue DR900S into my Volvo XC60 on the weekend using a magic pro hardwire kit. Ended up taping the centre console 12V for ACC and the passenger seat electronic lumbar support for BATT (my vehicle is not equipped with this option but still has the fuse, the power seats always have power).

Crappy thing about the city safety shroud is that it makes hiding the wires a bit hard on a RHD vehicle. tucked them as good as I could. Could have made it a bit better if I moved the camera further to the left, however it became more of a sight-line issue.

Still working on the back camera the wire is 98% concealed but need to wait for warmer temperatures before I start pulling apart the back hatch and rest of the plastic mouldings. Will post a picture once thats complete.

dashcam1.jpg

dashcam2.jpg

lacibaci

Country
United States
Installed the BlackVue DR900S into my Volvo XC60 on the weekend using a magic pro hardwire kit. Ended up taping the centre console 12V for ACC and the passenger seat electronic lumbar support for BATT (my vehicle is not equipped with this option but still has the fuse, the power seats always have power).

Crappy thing about the city safety shroud is that it makes hiding the wires a bit hard on a RHD vehicle. tucked them as good as I could. Could have made it a bit better if I moved the camera further to the left, however it became more of a sight-line issue.

Still working on the back camera the wire is 98% concealed but need to wait for warmer temperatures before I start pulling apart the back hatch and rest of the plastic mouldings. Will post a picture once thats complete.

View attachment 43901

View attachment 43902
Would it be better on the other side? The wire could hide behind the mirror.
dashcam2.jpg

mcmanus

Country
Canada
The only way to mount it on the drivers side would cause a sight line issue. Plus there’s no easy way to run the wiring through the sensors shrouding without cutting it.

The mirror itself is mounted to the shrouding as well.

This way the only thing I see from the drivers side is just the very bottom of the camera under the rear view mirror.