Where did you mount the camera? Post your pictures

@CheckYourLights
That was what I say ”stupid quote”. If in that post were 1000 pictures? The action was the same. Just quote and don't think how stupid will look the forum. Some people are trying to help another and some don't give a ****.
Sorry, but I don't like nobrain actions like yours.

@CheckYourLights

Would you be so kind to edit your last post and take the pictures out of your quote? I like the pictures because I have also a DVR027 and a black-dotted area behind the mirror. But it is sufficient, when the pictures appear once.

Thanks.

Hi,

I can see that some have managed to attach the suction cup to the black dot-ed area around the rear view mirror.

For example:

500_Star_In_Third_Visor.gif

Is it recommended? I'm afraid that the suction won't be very strong.

I will appreciate learning from your experience.

Thanks,
Sagi

That is the best area to use for all dash cams. If you are afraid your suction cup will fall down you can think to put between windshield dots area and suction cup some other material like transparent adhesive tape, rounded, just a little bigger than suction cup diameter.

enjoy,
Mtz

Reactions: LMJ
6_a_2.jpg

I have found one here and also wondered if it works.

Previous post edited sorry about that.

fremder said:
SagiM5 said:
I can see that some have managed to attach the suction cup to the black dot-ed area around the rear view mirror.
Is it recommended? I'm afraid that the suction won't be very strong.

See this post that may help in sticking it to the black dot area

Last edited by a moderator:
ecnar said:
GMC Sierra DVR-207
8563358676_9beb2e8d39.jpg
[/url][/img]

Do you allways leave your screen flipped down? I usually leave mine up.

OT: do you post on any of the GM truck forums?

I flipped the screen down to take the picture. I leave it open occasionally. Yes, I have posted on the GM truck forums.

I mounted my itronics high up behind the anti-glare, the uppermost part of the windscreen.
4kz7so.png

Great mount. I think Itronics have the smallest mount system.

enjoy,
Mtz

What is the thing glued under the dash cam?

In my car, the camera does not fit behind the rearview mirror but there is a good hole just below. Also I've to hide the cable.

img20130322125710.jpg

img20130322125655.jpg

img20130322125748.jpg

Ipaq said:
What is the thing glued under the dash cam?

I mounted my dash cam very close to the rain and light sensor.

The mount that comes with the DVR 027 is too big IMO, which makes it hard to hide the camera. I covered the useless IR LEDs with electrical tape and mounted the camera like this:

2dw70uf.jpg
2604ppf.jpg

I ordered smaller mounts (comments on another thread) to try to make the camera less visible. I'll post my comments when the new mounts arrive. And I'm also waiting for the "smallest" (A8) to arrive, which is a much more discrete option.

Last edited by a moderator:
KvR said:
Looking to the left picture, I suppose that you cannot completely pull down the sun visor anymore.
That's correct.

I made a homebrew mount to fit the F500LHD in front of the mirror. It consists of a rectangular block of plastic fixed between the mirror mount and the glass with silicone. A 1″ plastic rod has the attachment point from the stock mount and fits in a hole in the rectangle; after I got the angle right I bolted it in place in the rectangle and attached the rod to the windshield as well.

View from the driver's seat:

View from outside (will try to remember to replace this with a photo in better weather using a polarizer):

Ball mount for comparison:

Attachments

• P1010872.JPG
    P1010872.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 660
  • P1010877.JPG
    P1010877.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 654
  • P1010881.JPG
    P1010881.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 638
  • P1010867.JPG