Where to purchase dash cam?

Dustinbowlz

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm thinking of purchasing my dash cam through either thedashcamstore.com or blackboxmycar.com. Anyone have any experiences buying through either of these companies? Or does anyone recommend a different place to purchase? Thanks!

I dont have experience witht the retailers you mentioned but in US i bought both of my cameras from Pier28...first one was purchesed directly from them...second one was through their amazon store.
I have nothing but great things to say about them...customer support and service was top notch...
My first camera never reached my house...one email to Pier28 and after filling out their insurance form....my replacment camera was on the way
Pier28 and jokin are always here on the forum and willing to give support on a moments notice...
My 02 cents

I dont have experience witht the retailers you mentioned but in US i bought both of my cameras from Pier28...first one was purchesed directly from them...second one was through their amazon store.
I have nothing but great things to say about them...customer support and service was top notch...
My first camera never reached my house...one email to Pier28 and after filling out their insurance form....my replacment camera was on the way
Pier28 and jokin are always here on the forum and willing to give support on a moments notice...
My 02 cents

Thanks! I really like the quality and the discreteness of the street guardian. I am on the fence on the cameras I want to buy. I really like the 2 channel idea, so I'm basically debating on a 2 channel camera or the Street guardian. I want front and rear. I also like the idea of wifi and parking mode. If the street guardian offered those 3 things, I wouldn't even have to question my decision. lol.

Street Guardian has 2 different killer dual channel products in development, we hope to share details 2016 Q1. For now two independent systems will give you the best stability, video quality, and redundancy.
Existing 2015 dual channels systems are a bit of a trade-off unfortunately.

Street Guardian has 2 different killer dual channel products in development, we hope to share details 2016 Q1. For now two independent systems will give you the best stability, video quality, and redundancy.
Existing 2015 dual channels systems are a bit of a trade-off unfortunately.

Well damnit, I wish I wasn't in need of a dash cam just yet! LOL. That's awesome news. From what i've seen on youtube from the Street Guardian, it looks great. I do have a question about it though. How well would it work on a 20% tinted rear window? That's another concern of mine with the idea of a 2 channel system. Thanks!

Thanks! I really like the quality and the discreteness of the street guardian. I am on the fence on the cameras I want to buy. I really like the 2 channel idea, so I'm basically debating on a 2 channel camera or the Street guardian. I want front and rear. I also like the idea of wifi and parking mode. If the street guardian offered those 3 things, I wouldn't even have to question my decision. lol.
Im sure if you reach out to them they might be able to recommend a package for front and rear.....i contemplated a 2 channel setup but the rear cameras dont always offer the same high resolution as the fronts when they are packaged...other choice was to buy two separate cameras and that was out of my budget at that time

With the SG9665GC you can boost the EV and it will power through tint with the existing great Sony/WDR IQ firmware tuned night quality performance. There is a thread somewhere on here where someone shows the tint performance.

Alright, wow that's great info! Thank you for that. So, on the Street Guardian SG9665C, does it display your MPH and Location? Also, how do I view the footage on my mac? Is there special software I can get? Thanks, I think I'm going to go ahead and order that cam. Where would be the best place to get it?

Alright, wow that's great info! Thank you for that. So, on the Street Guardian SG9665C, does it display your MPH and Location? Also, how do I view the footage on my mac? Is there special software I can get? Thanks, I think I'm going to go ahead and order that cam. Where would be the best place to get it?

You can see your speed and location via http://registratorviewer.com
http://www.mediafire.com/view/4nsvpj9on2y426c/Configure-Registrator-Viewer-for-SG9665XX-series.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/view/dp4p9gpribkz0rt/Export-files-from-Registrator-Viewer.pdf

or

http://dashcamviewer.com

Another option:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...color-font-size-location-sg9665gc-more.14876/

Thanks Pier. I was reading a post somewhere among the many many posts I have read, and you said what camera you use personally. It was a different type of setup of the street guardian than I have seen. I think it said it had parking mode. Is there a different street guardian one out there? What is it that you use, if you don't mind saying. Thanks!

I use a SG9665GC in the front of a Mustang Boss which also has a SGZC12RC front and rear. I use both a SGZC12SS and SG9665GC in a Ford Explorer Sport. (All Street Guardian)

I use a SG9665GC in the front of a Mustang Boss which also has a SGZC12RC front and rear. I use both a SGZC12SS and SG9665GC in a Ford Explorer Sport. (All Street Guardian)
Yeah, the SGZC12RC is what I saw. What is that? Is it a separate camera set up or an addition to the SG9665GC? I am a little confused on all those you are using. So you have multiple cameras in your vehicles?

Check out blackboxmycar.com I have bought 4 cameras from Alex and have always had great service, I just replaced my older dashcam with the new Blackvue DR650GW-1Ch with wifi I bought 2 to replace my front and rear camera

Back