Which to buy...money is no object

toomuchcoffee

Reaction score
Country
United States
Looking for the best cam. Best video, capacitor powered, no limit on cost. I'd like to capture front facing, and rear facing. Interior is not required. Thanks for the suggestions

Welcome to DCT forum !
What is form-factor / design requirement ?

Welcome to DCT forum !
What is form-factor / design requirement ?
Smaller form factor, not too noticeable would be ideal. I'm not sure front and rear would require two separate cams.

So I'm just asking what you would choose with no dollar limit. Maybe it's what's you have. Looking for recommendations amongst top of the line models I don't know what features are avail to ask. If I did I'd go feature shopping. There must be top of the line models, no?

So I'm just asking what you would choose with no dollar limit. Maybe it's what's you have. Looking for recommendations amongst top of the line models I don't know what features are avail to ask. If I did I'd go feature shopping. There must be top of the line models, no?

Why not start out doing some due diligence by availing yourself of some of the excellent resources here on DashCamTalk such as the Dash Cam Comparison page and the Dash Cam Buying Guide which will help you determine what you want and need in a dash cam?

Some of the so called "top of the line" most expensive dash cams on the market are really rather disappointing and offer features you may not want or need while some of the more modestly price ones with perhaps fewer bells and whistles are more reliable and offer far better video performance. Buying a dash cam is not really like deciding between a Toyota Yaris and a Lexus.

Edit: Actually, with the exception of something like the popular and excellent 75 dollar Mobius action camera, the middle to upper middle price range in dash cams really offers the optimal sweet spot when it comes to buying a camera. With dash cams it is really a question of "value for money" rather than "top of the line".

Last edited:
I think what you're being asked is do you need things like GPS, Wi-Fi, Buffered Parking mode, Screen etc. If yes, cameras with those features will be suggested, if not, then they won't.

I had a $200 budget, but ultimately decided on a $70 camera because it had the features I liked.

Back