Which Viofo Model, need clarification on Aptina AR0521 and Sony IMX291

Dashcam GPS units are cheap and somewhat cheezy. There's always some time-lag and spurious readings are not uncommon. Not hard to find examples of these things on vids posted by people world-wide.

If the data it shows is in your favor you might not mention that. If it shows data against you that might help your case.

State law here requires that you slow for intersections but it doesn't specify exactly how much. I evenly maintain that slowed speed as I go through so that everyone else can better judge my passing through time and hopefully not pull out in front of me. As long as you're in the intersection (past the stopping line) before the light turns red, you're legal and it is treated the same as if the light was green, so if an oncoming vehicle turns in front of you it's their fault. It's a nice feeling to know that the lie they will tell claiming I ran the red will be disemboweled by my dashhcam video :cool:

Phil

(past the stopping line) before the light turns red

I don't think its like that here, it seem the cops will give you the first second or so of yellow light, but enter intersection any later than that and you will be fined, and if the light turn red and you are still inside the intersection, you will get a bigger fine and one of only 3 marks on your license.
It was easier in the good old days, before sensors and what not smart intersections there, cuz you would always see the light for pedestrians turn red 1 second or two before the light for cars turned yellow.
So back then if in doubt just look at the pedestrian light.
you cant often do that anymore with the smart lights, cuz if there are no pedestrians that have pushed a button then their light will remain red,,,, and people just cross anyway as they think "this is BS the cars have green light"
I do like the lights with count down you see in some countries, that should make it flawless to see when the light are about to change, and whether or not you should brake and not floor it.
As it is now here leaving it to peoples righteousness are a flawed system that people of this day and age clearly cant handle, and so not doing something about it would be embarrassing in my eyes. ( and nothing here will be done i am sure )

Back