Why are files saved out of order??

... How long should the battery hold the time?

I just had one of my GC's sitting in the house for 5 days and the date/time/settings were all still OK.

That would require the dash cam to have a lot of the capability of a SatNav to determine location/time zone. It would also have to know which areas observe DST (not all do) and by how much they adjust (some only shift by 30 minutes if I remember correctly). IMO, that's asking for a lot of functionality outside the purpose for which it's designed.

Perhaps you are right.

I remember the several times discovering that I no longer had my time zone correct. Yes, at first I used the camera temporarily in my vehicle and then brought it inside and left it sitting around for several days at a time. How long should the battery hold the time?

I'll let @jokiin chime in on the specifics but RTC should last a VERY long time. (Like a computer motherboard BIOS clock does)

I'll send you a PM and send out a GC replacement. I'm not aware of anyone else having this issue but anything is possible with electronics as you know. That's where good after sales / customer services come in.

My super-cap Mobius' last 7-10 days. Hmm, now that I am running the cam I would need to replace it temporarily in order to test it further. I'm trying to remember how long I left it sitting at first.

The camera is set to -7. The time didn't change on any of the files, but the date did.

I could only guess that maybe GPS only sends date/time in Standard Time and it's up to the device to translate anything like DST or whatever.

I'll try to see if I can recreate this tonight or when I get the chance.

GPS only sends info as GMT 0, any time offsets are set by the device, I'll need to check this, we had a similar bug about a year ago that was throwing the time off but was only affecting + timezones, the - ones weren't affected, takes a bit of analysis to go through it all so bear with us while we check it out, if there's a bug there we'll get it sorted and get an update out

I'm in California where we practice Daylight Savings Time right now and here I was driving at around Apr 25 2015 00:29 and the camera's clock was correct for the beginning video clips. After GPS lock, the date is rolled back one day. I'm guessing that under Standard Time, we were supposed to be Apr 24 2015 23:15. The date gets corrected for what should be Standard Time and the clock was left alone.

is it possible you can upload a copy of the files for me on a file host?

If you can I need the last clip where the time and date was correct and the first file where it was incorrect, I need to pull the metadata out of the files to find the problem

Back