Why Rear Camera?

i would say the best use for rear cameras is if someone rear ends you and runs off, its possible your front camera might not capture plates, ive seen videos of this happening.

also, if you use a parking mode (this doesnt apply to the mobius though) most people pull into parking spots, if you do that, your parking mode is sorta useless if the back of your car gets hit and you only have a cam facing forward that starts recording from the impact.

For those that have rear camera's, do you have a 2 channel system or did you just buy 2 single camera's and go with that? I know all 2 channel cams on the market have lower quality picture on the back and are usually higher priced.

I have 2 single cameras....was a cheaper that a 2 channel system and 1080hd front and rear. I wasn't really happy about a higher price for dual channel with a lower resolution for the rear camera. It was no trouble to hook up 2 separate cameras and runs like a charm. I'm very pleased with it, no issues.

Yea I'm going for 2 separate dash cams for front and rear as well.
The one I have up front currently is a 0803.
Fortunately the car that I drive has a 12V port at the back which I can plug the rear camera into.
I'm deciding on which rear camera to get.

Since I live in a cold climate where its dark 6 months of the year, I absolutely need a camera with good night vision. Also it has to be able to withstand low temperatures since it can get down to minus 40 Celcius in the winters here. Finally it should have some kind of parking mode. I'm also thinking that while its good to have a 135 to 140 degree field of view up front for distance and quality, it might be better to have a wider 150 to 170 degree at the back for wider field of view... to catch the guy trying to cut in from the side lane and hammer my car.

Like the other guy, I've got a headache reviewing and reviewing and reviewing dash cams endlessly.

I looked and researched for a long time before I pulled the trigger. Lots of good people on here with plenty of information on the subject.
I have parking mode on mine but don't use it. I have them hard wired thru a power management switch and just let it always record while I'm away (with a 128gb card I get plenty recorded video). I turn it off when I'm at home in my garage.

2 single cams as the form factor of current dual systems still isent where i would like to see it, i need a central box and then 2 small cameras on a wire.

I have 2 single cameras....was a cheaper that a 2 channel system and 1080hd front and rear. I wasn't really happy about a higher price for dual channel with a lower resolution for the rear camera. It was no trouble to hook up 2 separate cameras and runs like a charm. I'm very pleased with it, no issues.
My experience as well.

I have both.
One car has dual channel Lukas and another has single camera for rear.
That's the minimum but I always have more than one at a time. ;)

Back