Why would I want to sell a dashcam video?

jfsoto1988

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Thinkware F50, Thinkware F200, Thinkware FA200.
A few days ago I witness a traffic collision at a street intersection. There were many witnesses but I may have been the only one with a dashcam. I couldn't stay in the accident scene but I uploaded it to Youtube as soon I got home. Hopefully the parties involved were able to use it.

Today I received a comment from EyeFootage:
Hi jfs1988, can we use your video for an insurance claim and compensate you if we can sell it for you?

:unsure: Few questions here:
Arent the parties involved the only ones that can file an insurance claim? I'm pretty sure EyeFootage isn't an attorney either.

What do they mean compensate if they can sell it for me? I know what compensate means, but why would they want to sell it for me? and to whom?

Anyone actually done this?

Since you are convinced EyeFootage ain't an attorney, then why waste your precious time? I say, fuhgeddaboudit !!

From their website (www.eyefootage.com):

Eyefootage is the leading source of dash cam footage for auto accidents. To serve our clients, we match curated auto accident dash cam footage to auto accident claims. We compensates people looking to offer their help to others with footage of the accident that they captured with their dash cam.

This sounds good on the surface but the devil is in the details.

Submitter/You ("Licensor") grant Eyefootage ("Licensee") an exclusive license...

Translated that means you can't use it for any other purpose (including giving it away) because you give them exclusive use.

In the real world business model they gain control of video evidence of accidents and try to sell it to people trying to prove fault and recover damages. If they are successful (in selling the video) you supposedly get some portion of the proceeds - assuming they're honest enough to inform you. You get no money up front.

IMO they are 'bottom feeders' trying to make money from the misfortune of others using your video footage as a product.

From their website the business address is -

3501 Black Horse Pike STE 530
Turnersville, NJ 08012

Last edited:
Yeah.
This kind of thing are fortunatly not a thing in the thing i am a citizen in, i feel like ambulance chaser.

Remind me i need to restock my cards in the car as i have thrown the old ones out ( just a piece of paper with my e-mail address on it so i can "share" in a situation like this )

I would not care to share in any way at the scene of a accident unless someone had a laptop and a card reader, so anyone will just have to wait until i get home.
Last accident i filmed that was also just fine with the cops, and when they saw my footage at the station a hour or two later they was over the top, CUZ the on foot runner driver the police knew very well.
So they eas like " heyyyy thats Abdul, we can go and pick him up later " and they probably would / should as he was probably DUI like so many other potheads are here,,,,, indcluding myself back when i was a pothead.

From their website (www.eyefootage.com):

Eyefootage is the leading source of dash cam footage for auto accidents. To serve our clients, we match curated auto accident dash cam footage to auto accident claims. We compensates people looking to offer their help to others with footage of the accident that they captured with their dash cam.

This sounds good on the surface but the devil is in the details.

Submitter/You ("Licensor") grant Eyefootage ("Licensee") an exclusive license...

Translated that means you can't use it for any other purpose (including giving it away) because you give them exclusive use.

In the real world business model they gain control of video evidence of accidents and try to sell it to people trying to prove fault and recover damages. If they are successful (in selling the video) you supposedly get some portion of the proceeds - assuming they're honest enough to inform you. You get no money up front.

IMO they are 'bottom feeders' trying to make money from the misfortune of others using your video footage as a product.

From their website the business address is -

3501 Black Horse Pike STE 530
Turnersville, NJ 08012

The address apoears to be a. Shopping center. Possibly ups store or other commercial mailbox provider.

The address apoears to be a. Shopping center. Possibly ups store or other commercial mailbox provider.
Yep. Would you trust a company to send you money on an 'honor system' basis when they won't even let you know their physical location? :unsure:

Back