WISHLIST for Panorama X2 ( vote, debate, comment )

The tooling would need to be remade to do this, not something you want to think about after the product is made

I thought a good die maker could simply stamp or cut the lettering and numbers into the existing mold. Of course, I am not someone with those skills.

I thought a good die maker could simply stamp or cut the lettering and numbers into the existing mold. Of course, I am not someone with those skills.

doesn't work like that, could be cut into the existing tooling to do raised lettering, might not look the best though

personally I just don't add names, I have my logo on the screen when the camera boots up, that's plenty

I was just reading up on the Lukas cameras and see they have not only an adjustable AE for the daytime but also an adjustable noise filter.

I'd love to see both features on the X2 as the automatic settings aren't that good and sometimes I do wish I could override them :)

I was just reading up on the Lukas cameras and see they have not only an adjustable AE for the daytime but also an adjustable noise filter.

I'd love to see both features on the X2 as the automatic settings aren't that good and sometimes I do wish I could override them :)

which chipset are they using do you know?

I didn't find informations about "event" option at display, but as i've read here, when the event button is pressed, the System records only the five or four seconds before and the ten after. I think in case of manual record, maybe don't exist time to access that option within four seconds with safety. So, the especial event may be lost.
Am i wrong? If afirmative, forget it.

To be honest with the larger cards it's not really an issue.

Say for example you're using a 64GB card and default settings of 50% for normal driving, it means you've got 5 hours of driving looping so you've got 5 hours to get it back.

The other option on longer journeys is just keep a spare card in the car so you can swap them over.

Rick not sure mate tbh, waiting for a firmware I can dissect ;)

Regarding making X2 to look more discrete I was thinking of similar solution like mobile phones covers, to create a X2 front parts "cover" that would cover in one piece lens surrounding and main unit shiny front. It could be made of thin matte black plastic.
Or try out vacuum packaging technology with using a black plastic film to "vacuum" it to the front of the unit.
I would not cover a side aluminium frame bc it may affect heat dissipation. Cover only front visible parts.

Regarding making X2 to look more discrete I was thinking of similar solution like mobile phones covers, to create a X2 front parts "cover" that would cover in one piece lens surrounding and main unit shiny front. It could be made of thin matte black plastic.
Or try out vacuum packaging technology with using a black plastic film to "vacuum" it to the front of the unit.
I would not cover a side aluminium frame bc it may affect heat dissipation. Cover only front visible parts.

You are one hell of an 'innovator' Niko always thinking 'outside of the box' or should that be 'dashcam';);)

I know the majority does not use these systems like I am at the moment but to help with those of us with fleet implementation either a locking cover for the touchscreen/card slot and or pin # that must be put in to delete any video would be nice. Having them so only one person can access the data and not the drivers could be a decent selling point to fleets.

My front cam MicroSDXC card faulted into irreversible read-only mode and this caused great confusion to the X2 (1.02.03 firmware) in terms of screen sluggishness, or hanging, or spontaneous rebooting, and loss of settings configuration. It took trying many different Windows diagnostic/formatting tools on the card to figure out what was wrong. The SD Association formatter tool was the only thing I found that can consistently detect read-only state:

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

It would be much more user-friendly if the X2 could query for read-only state at bootup and/or formatting time. Cycling the power and trying a format where the first things I attempted, but with no errors reported at power up and the format being reported as successful, that makes it really difficult to know what has happened.

Great idea mate - to be honest cards in that state are going to flip out any dashcam - with it being MicroSD they probably never thought to write the code to handle read only cards seeing as they don't have the little notch like full size SD cards.

It should be easy to code and definitely a great idea!

Great idea mate - to be honest cards in that state are going to flip out any dashcam - with it being MicroSD they probably never thought to write the code to handle read only cards seeing as they don't have the little notch like full size SD cards.

perhaps this has come up for them previously, a test would be to try the S or G which uses full size cards and set the card write protect and see how the camera responds, if it detects that and throws up a warning then they already have the code work done and just need to add it to the X2

It might be slightly different though as the full size socket has the read only bit set depending on the card.

Thinking about it this may be difficult as from what I've read the cards can report a success on write like in the OS you can format the card and delete files but it never sticks. I was thinking create a simple 1Kb stub file on boot up and if it creates and can be read back ok and matches a checksum the camera knows it is good to go - otherwise report an error :)

Actually this may be a great opportunity for data gathering for this dead card to go to @Sungmoon Jang and for him to backfill it so that he can do testing with the card?

The limited time window for me getting a replacement card from Amazon coupled with some upcoming travel on my part doesn't really leave enough time to send the card to the other side of the world for diagnosis, coding, testing, and then getting it back to California in time for me to get it to Amazon.

If the SD specs at sdcard.org don't have a direct way of querying for this card state, the sentinel file method you suggest above should work.

Bestbuy has a decent price on a sd card now. You might pay an extra $1 but you could return it if defective.

The ability to turn off the screen for parking mode. I like to leave the screen on while driving (mainly because I don't trust it from freezing up). I also like it as a backup cam sometimes. However, for parking mode, I would like to have the screen turn off to save battery.

I would like to see any files saved because the G-sensor has been activated in parking mode to be saved in the event folder. My logic being that if someone pranged into my car in the office car park, for example, and I only see it 7 hours later, I can't be bothered to view every single parking file from that day to find the culprit. And if people have a small card with parking set to the lowest memory allocation, then they can be sure it will be locked in the event folder

I reset the focus on mine yesterday and the ability to zoom in the image on the camera LCD screen would make this 100 times easier and would also enable you to read license plate numbers from footage on the camera if needed urgently.

I want to start my car with rear camera default. Make it please in menu. I use rear cam for parking and moving back. My car is hatchback.

Back