WISHLIST for Panorama X2 ( vote, debate, comment )

I also reckon the F and R in the list of files can be turned into buttons, rather than having to press back and then choose the card and then the folder you want. It also makes it easier if you want to chop and change between viewing the front and rear video of a particular event for example.

I think all these kind of suggestions make it that much easier to use the camera in your car for viewing back videos. I know a USB OTG setup would be good but it's a right faff when you're in a hurry.... Why not make it the easiest and best it can be?

Cards do tend to drop like a stone if you move your finger ever so slightly out of the way - I tried dropping the card out of a Mini 0806 when it was in situ and it dropped straight out and it took me ten minutes to fish it out of the nook it was in - alternatively maybe they could be hidden away horizontally in the facia facing the inside of the car, so they don't drop easily and they should be quite easy to get in and out?

Something like how they're situation in this head unit along the bottom of the screen:
$_58.JPG
Good idea about front loading, BUT you'll still need to start moving your mirror out the way. If you have them bottom loading it's simple.... Plus it seems that the X2 holds the cards quite tightly so don't think they'll fall out. Unless there was some sort of SIM card like tray that pops put of the bottom, but stays attached to the main unit (a bit like the flap now I guess) so they don't drop out and disappear between your seats lol

And the ability to lock any file your viewing (normal / parking)

uhm the screen beeps sound horrific on recordings. Big screech sound. Can anything be done there?

How about being able to mirror the rear cam image?

Better recognition / recovery of sdcard errors. I had an issue earlier today while I was at a park about an hour away. I turned on the camera and got a black bar (no error text) and the camera would not record (v 1.02.00 firmware).

It was only until I got home and reformatted the front card on my PC did the camera start recording normally. I did try reformatting on the unit but it wouldn't. At first I couldn't interact with the touch screen until I ejected the card and re-inserted it. I got a insert front card error.

Upgrading to v1.02.02 firmware now so hopefully there are some improvements. I did wish it had the ability to keep settings when upgrading firmware. Kinda annoying to have to reset everything.

Yeah the grey bar you get is an ongoing thing they're looking at - if it does get stuck like that you can swap the cards around and then you should be able to format in camera and things should work correctly again without needing a PC.

There is something different in the code between how it handles the front and rear cards - if they can figure that out then they should have cracked that problem :)

Sometimes a reset to default settings is better as otherwise you can get strange behaviour if they change something - it's a ballache but at least they know what state the camera will be in from there on.

In the playback screen I'd like to see the date and time of the video alongside the X/X amount of videos in that folder

Any lettering on the outside of the cam should be stamped into the mold. That way you have the lettering permanently attached and the cam is pure stealth. If I have tools with the brand name and size stamped into them why not a dash cam?

I still would prefer a full size sd card. I know that is not possible for this model because of hardware reasons. However, the micro sd card is easily lost when grabbing and storing it. The full size card would add minimal size to any cam while making user card removal much easier. Speaking as one who can hit 2 full size keys on a normal keyboard at once the easier the human can grab things the better.

I recommend getting some compact microSD USB card readers to keep on your keychain. They should go straight into them before leaving the car. Most of the new Street Guardian products will include them in the box. (all in the near future)

The Panorama S and G are the only full size SD card products at this time.

Any lettering on the outside of the cam should be stamped into the mold. That way you have the lettering permanently attached and the cam is pure stealth. If I have tools with the brand name and size stamped into them why not a dash cam?

I'm not sure how stamping the letters will make them any more stealthy. White letters on a black background is still white letters on a black background

The full size card would add minimal size to any cam

Don't forget there are 2 ports which would double the extra space you'd need.

I use these Kingston micro SD card readers. They're probably the smallest on the market and cheap enough!
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B0028R3NCUI leave it permanently plugged into my OTG cable inside my central armrest cubby and put the card in it as soon as i take it out. I'll probably buy another one once PiP is supported in Dashcam Viewer to view both streams at once.

I'd think he means the name in the shell as part of the mold, not printed
As long as it's black on black and doesn't show up then that would be great. I'm waiting for a couple of sheets of removable 3M matte black vinyl to arrive and then I'm covering all the shiny bits [emoji2]

I'm not sure how stamping the letters will make them any more stealthy. White letters on a black background is still white letters on a black background

I'd think he means the name in the shell as part of the mold, not printed

Exactly. You could stamp the mold so you would have raised (or depressed) letters as shown here. This way the sticker would be unnecessary as well as any silk screening.

Here is a good example of raised lettering. Ignore the stickers. Raised letters like this would make a dash cam very stealthy. By cutting out a spot in the mold there could be several interchangeable stamps used for the same mold if it is used for more than one product.

Last edited:
And it would be hard to sell it under a different brand name!

My wishlist:
- Be able to remove the speed indication from video's
- Be able to add a free-format text somewhere in the video (for car license plate, additional prove for insurance companies)
- Write timestamped log file entry on SD-card just before (so when "shutdown" indication has been given to the X2) for the power cut-off

Back