Woman can't read No Exit signs...

Kip

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
JooVuu X, Shadow GT550WS, Blacksys CF-100 (dead & gone)
...or, thinks her VW Caddy (YW16FFD) is actually a heavy goods vehicle, since they are the only vehicles allowed to exit here. This was recorded at the entrance to Iceland's carpark in Carlisle, Cumbria, UK.

She even had the nerve to stick two fingers up at me as she passed (off camera) and then beeped her horn at me too. Sorry madam but if you're so stupid that you can't follow basic road signs you should not be driving. I only wish I'd pulled further forward and blocked her from exiting, that would of been fun. She probably drove over the pavement to squeeze past me which isn't wise when there's pedestrians walking around everywhere.

Recorded on my JooVuu X running 16th August firmware at 2560x1080 using high bitrate and WDR enabled. Watch at 1440p for the best quality picture.

Snapshot of road signage:
vlcsnap-2016-09-27-13h45m57s528EDIT.jpg
The red circled sign is pretty obvious from this side but on the other side it says NO EXIT in a similar themed blue and white sign, the yellow circled sign on her side says "Except heavy goods vehicles" and the green circled one isn't really important but for completeness it means no right turns out of the junction.

That parking lot look pretty maxed out in regard to the number of parking bays, looks like most will be problematic to get in and out of with a larger car like a sedan.

That parking lot look pretty maxed out in regard to the number of parking bays, looks like most will be problematic to get in and out of with a larger car like a sedan.
Probably the worst designed one in our area, very difficult to maneuver in if it's close to full, which it usually is. Larger cars would definately have a problem. The designers must have set it up with original Mini's in mind. Wouldn't like to leave my car in there unattended for very long.

If she left through the wrong exit she probably wasn't picked up by the Parking Eye system and will get a penalty charge.
Maybe the signage should be simplified and the one-way arrow placed nearer the entrance.
Shoppers tend to leave their brain at home when they go to a supermarket, they need all the babying they can get.

On a similar note, here's the entrance to a Lidl car park I've been to a couple of times. The first time I nearly drove in using the right hand lane (many car parks have two lanes going in.) Note the height restriction notice is above both lanes. (Blurred by Google maps.)
Of course once you get to the bottom of the ramp they put signs up saying which is the entrance and which is the exit!
Only instinct made me choose the correct lane.
Lidl-Woolwich.jpg
May as well show video:

Last edited:
Back