Won't write to any memory card

advaldo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have got a 522GW + rear cam module. A while back it stopped writing anything to the memory card, so did all of the below:
1. Factory reset
2. Firmware update
3. Purchased official Nextbase SD card

But despite that, it still fails to record anything. When manually pressing record, the symbol changes for a second and then reverts to non-record mode. Slightly stumped what else there is to try (if anything!). So any assistance gratefully received.

Meant to add; memory card was formatted both via a laptop as well as within the 522GW menu, and tried with both a Nextbase and non-Nextbase brand of card.

I also have this issue - I press the red circle and it starts to record for 2 seconds then auto stops again. I have also tried all of the above as detailed by the OP.

Following thread for any advice.

Hi there, if it's identical to mine then it's a hardware issue. Nextbase are very quick to point the finger at SD card quality, espousing theirs as superior, but that's just not the case. I was sent (a new) Nextbase SD card by customer service, this did absolutely nothing.

I gave up and switched to a Pelsee dashcam, and lo and behold, my old Samsung SD card worked flawlessly.

Before pointing fingers towards Nextbase, you might want to verify your SD card first with h2testw.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C 522GW 5
aldaniel 522GW 20
J 522GW 5
Back