www.StreetGuardian.CAM & Amazon.com/streetguardian

What's the difference between all the current Street Guardian models? This chart should help a bit:

6gAFImg.png

Last edited:
What's the difference between all the current Street Guardian models? This chart should help a bit:

j9gxp6F.png
Really useful table! Would it be a good idea to state which type of memory card is suitable like MLC etc or does it not make a difference for these cameras like it does for the X2?

X2 is very fussy about the cards you use, we don't have that problem with these models, any decent name brand card except for Sandisk is pretty much ok

X2 is very fussy about the cards you use, we don't have that problem with these models, any decent name brand card except for Sandisk is pretty much ok
That's annoying about SanDisk coz they're the only ones that make the 200gb ones if I'm not mistaken

Bad news: The popular Street Guardian SG9665GC has been out of stock for the past week as you may or may not know. (US sold out before the next production was finished. )

Good news: There is a massive Freight shipment of SG9665GC v2 2016 editions en route as we speak. (just in time)

As soon as it's confirmed there are no customs delays (preclearance) the Amazon listing will open again with an accurate ship by date.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00U0OJMYG(we would rather keep the Amazon listing off-line until we are 100% sure we know the exact ship by date)

As of now our shipment should arrive in 3 to 6 days if all goes well. You never know with customs delays sometimes.

Pre-Order is open via our direct site.
https://shop.pier28.com/index.php/d...sony-imx322-sensor-gps-32gb-storage-card.html

Last edited:
Any changes to the v2 2016 version?

Any changes to the v2 2016 version?
Yes, we've made changes on every single production run, most of which would go unnoticed

Changes to this production run as follows

Add adhesion promoter to the mounts before applying the 3M tape

New design plug and lead on the GPS which is thinner than the previous versions for easier installation

Changed the composition of the plastic we use for the housings for even higher heat tolerance

V2 firmware version is preinstalled

Some other small changes to packaging not really worth a mention and some improvements to QC processes, this is all fairly typical though, we've yet to do a production where we haven't made changes from the previous production as there's always something that can be improved in some way

Pier 28 - I've been reading so many posts and looking at you FB page. I am torn on which camera to buy.

Between the street guardian sg9665gc and the new joovuu x HD. The screen on the SG seems appealing, but the iOS viewing option on the joovuu seems awesome. Do you have a video of both comparing quality ?

Is there something else about the new SG I am overlooking?

@Pier28 do you plan to list the SGZC12RC in the amazon store?

Pier 28 - I've been reading so many posts and looking at you FB page. I am torn on which camera to buy.

Between the street guardian sg9665gc and the new joovuu x HD. The screen on the SG seems appealing, but the iOS viewing option on the joovuu seems awesome. Do you have a video of both comparing quality ?

Is there something else about the new SG I am overlooking?

I don't have a side by side video comparison of these two handy. I'll try to work on one soon. They are both excellent and it comes down to personal preference. If you want wifi access with the SG9665GC you can get a $15 HooToo TravelMate Nano on Amazon. Our included OTG card reader is android compatible as well.

Jon, Thanks for including the low profile size. My wifes car uses this low profile size, and the first fuse tap I bought from Amazon did not fit well. There seems to be a small number of brands. These look like they would have a deeper insertion to get a better grip in the fuse socket. The 2013 Chevy Traverse fuse box is under the glove box and oriented so the fuses face down towards the carpet. A loose fuse tap just wiggles & drops out.

Edit: Two weeks later (19 Mar) Your fuse tap fits snug. Has not moved for 2 weeks. Thanks for this better brand. Also the kit of parts that ships with the fuse tap helps make the install go easier. Thanks.

Edit August 2016: Still has a tight fit. No issues.

Last edited:
Do you guys ever have sales on amazon.ca website? Or is this only USA?

Back