X2 only recording 2 minutes at a time

Timmy C

Reaction score
Country
United States
Camera worked great after I first installed it. Watched the videos and checked angle of the cameras. Had a nine minute recording. Re installed the cards and formatted them in camera. Now I only get 2 minute recordings. Actually had an eight minute recording while parked at Sams on Thursday. Is there a setting that is not correct possibly?

Where do I find that? I thought I looked through all the settings.

Where do I find that? I thought I looked through all the settings.

Below is very first GUI version, but most menu graphics are the same.

Got to 2 min 34 sec.

Last edited:
Please excuse my ignorance but I am not finding a loop setting anywhere.

So the most I can get is five minutes? I thought it would record for as long as I was driving.

So the most I can get is five minutes? I thought it would record for as long as I was driving.

it records continuously, the loop setting is just like a chapter in a DVD, makes it easier for file handling, is also needed as once the card fills up it will delete the oldest 5 minute section to make way for a new one

So is it the viewer when I try to watch it that doesn't put it together?

That is what I am using. Must be something with it. I will try again in the morning. Thanks for the help!

When you go to playback menu on X2, can you see and play on X2 LCD screen all files recorded within your day driving, or only few ?
You may try to select 1min look recording, driver around for 10 minutes, park and check on X2 screen if you have your past 10 min driving 10 separate 1min files. If you do have, then everything should be fine.

Ok figured out how to group the clips with registrator viewer. Front card worked fine in driving and parking. No events. Rear card in normal drive mode had 3 hours of the car sitting in the driveway. Park mode seemed to have worked correctly. I formatted the cards again to see if the rear cam works properly this time.

Back