X5100 stops recording without notice

SnitserNL

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Dash Cam
DOD LS460W
I have the following issue with my X5100 carcam:
Every now and then it stops recording without notice. So, the cam is not switched off, but it just stops recording while driving. When I hit one of the buttons I see the LCD screen coming op (normally off while driving) and I see that the red dot is not visible (normally flashing while recording). When I turn it on again while driving it starts recording again as it should, and most of the time the issue is not coming back.
Also a short disconnecting is solving the problem. Does anyone have an idea on what could cause this behaviour?

Last edited:
I looked up the X5100 and it looks like it has an Ambarella chipset. The on screen display looks the same as the Mini 0801 from what I saw via google images.

You are probably experiencing the same problem the Mini 0801 has.

Once the card is FULL it will begin to recycle the oldest file (delete/overwrite) This is when it drops out.

Fix #1
Don't use a Class 10 microSD card. The best one is the Samsung Class 6. Class 4 is ok too but Class 6 is best middle ground. Class 10 uses a different bus and is supposed to be backwards compatible but doesn't always work.

Fix #2
Upgrade the firmware. The latest mini 08o1 firmware seems to fix things (mostly)
I'm not sure where the X5100 firmware updates are, ask your reseller.

Temp Fix
Format the card so it's not Full and it will last for how ever many hours the card can record for.
http://dashcamtalk.com/recording-time-calculator/

OK, thanks for your quick response. This is certainly something to check out in the coming weekend. :cool:

Back