Xiaomi Mijia Car DVR Dashcam (Mstar MSC8328P, Sony IMX323) [GearBest.com]

on the gearbest link I see now (171 pieces left) is already $ 53.99

Bummer.... It was a great price, maybe there'll be another flash sale soon?

I think you mean :whistle:

but anyway, maybe it is, I don't know. But the Mijia is pretty adequate, and truth be told, if I had to buy it for 55 bucs, I'd be tempted to look at the Yi too... Biggest disadvantage for the Yi is it's size... so big, the Mijia is really much smaller, and BLACK in stead of the more visible Yi's grey.

Nevertheless I also have the Viofo A119S (flash sale also.... I like discounts :D), and here are some comparisons to have a look at:

vlcsnap-2017-12-18-22h06m10s621.pngvlcsnap-2017-12-18-22h06m06s557.png

vlcsnap-2017-12-18-22h32m31s312.pngvlcsnap-2017-12-18-22h32m35s831.png

I can post many others, but you get the general idea, the Mijia shows darker images than the A119S, but I'm not so sure that's a bad thing. The Viofo shows more grain, and is twice the price. Nevertheless I like them both a lot, the A119S for it's low light peformance and 1080/60, the Mijia for the great price performance factor. I intended to use it for in-cabin recording so I'd have a proof of what I was doing during an incident, but it seems to use AVERAGE IMAGE light metering so there is no CENTER / SPOT light metering mode, so now the dark inside of the cabin causes the camera to blow up the whole image and the things that you can see through the windshield is way over exposed, and that is really a bummer.

Another thing is, that I noticed in the live WiFi view the image is MUCH brighter than the actual recorded video, so I took a look into that, and guess what I found? The first second or so the image is very bright, bright like A119S, and after one or 1,5 second the image is being darkened by the firmware, maybe the developers can do something about the general brightness to it, or provide an exposure value setting that we can change ourselves.

Here's what I mean:

Start recording:
vlcsnap-2017-12-18-22h14m40s793.png

after one second:
vlcsnap-2017-12-18-22h14m46s885.png

2 more

Start recording:
vlcsnap-2017-12-18-21h56m21s544.png

After one second:
vlcsnap-2017-12-18-21h56m31s397.png

Now that just creaps my corn! Why not keep the nice and bright image recording??

Don't get me wrong, if you wouldn't have any comparison at all, you'd be very happy with the Mijia, and in well lit city area's it's still a great dash camera, and in daylight it even records nicely in direct low sunlight as you can see in my 30 minute clip.

Here's a clip from my night ride in a large Dutch city:

Now there is an aspect I can't be silent about, the Mijia recording shows more of the REAL darkness during the ride. This means that the A119S has bright recording, but can actually see MORE than the real eye.... in case of incident that might bite you in your behind, cause now you have proof of something happening that you didn't even see....!

As a matter of fact, I encountered a guy walking accross the road in between standing cars, and only at the very last moment I noticed him, and I could avoid collision, later when I reviewed ehe A119S recording, he was clearly there, but the naked eye didn't notice him as far away as the camera.... Lucky for us both we didn't really meet.... :oops:

Last edited:
Side by side:

Night comparison:

Daytime comparison:

I call Mijia ftw...! My advice: spend the extra buc.

Thanks for going in to such detail.
In my case, I simply don't have time, but Mijia FirmWare is 1.0.11, might have improved that exposure issue, as I only checked recording couple of times to find it perfectly adequate.
Also on a note of biting you on your own back &#€¢¥- recordings on all of them shows ever so much more, than what you get to see naturally due to lens angle width ... makes me suspect human eyesight is only 3 by 4 format :p

:ROFLMAO: so right....

these recordings are already in 1.0.011 f/w

Do you guys have the same problem when the card is filling up? Freezing / slow down / nonresponsive?

SOME AFTERMATH THOUGHTS:

Great camera, and I like it a lot!

But it has strange bug! Slowing dow/non responsive/freeze when card gets full. Something wrong with the loop video function!

AND it really NEEDS MORE F/W FEATURES!!

- ENGLISH FIRMWARE

- BRIGHTER NIGHT RECORDINGS
It is simply too dark, and it CAN do better, because we see the camera recording very bright in the first second of the start of the video, then the image goes dark!!! WHY??!?!?

- MORE SETTINGS: EXPOSURE, METERING (Average/center/spot), SATURATION, CONTRAST

- APP NEEDS TO SHOW _ALL_ FUNCTIONS, NOT ALL CAMERA FUNCTIONS IN THE APP.

该版本主要进行了以下更新:

****优化改进****

1.开机后wifi热点的状态允许用户设置,增加【开机Wi-Fi设置】入口
2.水印可识别度优化为橙色
3.存储卡的检测识别进行优化
4.优化设置界面
5.优化关机方式,界面直接显示关机画面
6.优化恢复出厂设置验证失败的问题;
7.优化存储卡级别的处理逻辑;

8.修复部分bug

1. boot the wifi hot state allows users to set, increase the [boot Wi-Fi settings] entry
2. Watermarking is optimized for orange
3. Memory card detection identification is optimized
4. Optimize the setup interface
5. Optimize the shutdown mode, the interface directly displays the shutdown screen
6. Optimize the problem of failure to restore factory settings validation;
7. Optimize the memory card level processing logic;

8. Fix some bugs

It didn't fix the strange bug!

Slowing dow/non responsive/freeze when card gets full. Something wrong with the loop video function?!

How do we contact the developers team?!?

HI guys,i bought mine from gearbest on flash sale but i am not satisfied at all!
Video recording is ok,but
1)There is no auto start/stop function ,i must switch it on and off.How do you guys use this camera.I always forget turn it on or turn it off????
2)No parking mode (False advertised on gearbest),this is the main reason i bought dash cam.

is your lighter socket ignition switched?
Nope,because 99% of all cars always have a power in lighter socet.I don't know why but its true.

Nope,because 99% of all cars always have a power in lighter socet.I don't know why but its true.

actually most cars have ignition switched cig sockets

anyway if it's not ignition switched the camera will just run all the time, it won't turn on and off with the car, you'd need to rewire it if you want it to work correctly

actually most cars have ignition switched cig sockets

anyway if it's not ignition switched the camera will just run all the time, it won't turn on and off with the car, you'd need to rewire it if you want it to work correctly
You are wrong,i will upload videos tomorrow..

In my own car (little older,domestic brand car) cig lighter always have power,WR 1 work until I eject car charger from socket,but in other more modern car which I use at work all electricity-power turn off when I eject the key-card and lock car from outside.

Sent from my CUBOT MAX using Tapatalk

Yea but i have a 8USD dash cam and auto start /stop function working correctly.

When you exit your car and lock them with your key remotely or not,if then,all power in your car turned off,it means you have to rewire it to work all time or wire your dashcam directly to a fuse.

Sent from my CUBOT MAX using Tapatalk

Back