Xiaomi Yi 360 VR 6 Camera Rig Android app (Brahma Alpha)

On the 'Camera Connections' menu cameras 1-6 have default values of 192.168.0.120-125 for the 6 cameras, I press auto scan and it says 'no cameras found' with default IPs or sta'sh file set to dynamically. Just trying to outline all the things I'm doing to see if you can see what I'm doing wrong. thanks for any help

Cheers! I am still unsure what to add to my autoexec.ash for timelapse video. Of course, it has to be 1600x1200 4:3. But what are the exact commands? I've looked elsewhere but other examples are not for 360.

Timelapse will be coming to Brahma - not their yet just finishing off a virtualised telnet client.

the socket command to pass for timelapse are -

Set - precise_cont_capturing=on
and then send
msg_id 770

;)

Good news - virtual terminal stuff is coming along and looking great - no issue so far!
So anyone wanting to run XiMode or XCY configurator and run telnet commands to replicate across multiple cameras will soon be able too! :)

Virtual Terminal Camera access is now available in the latest release ;)
Should be up on google play in a couple hours..

I use Fried's customized firmware, since last version, I can't get preview but the recordings are fine.

Also, an example I uploaded on Youtube for your reference, you can see the sky, a yellowish edge along the hexagon has no way to correct. Any ideas?

Oh! I am so stupid, forgotten to switch on the wifi for preview....

Anyway, can you make a button for "disconnect"?

Disconnect for wifi or poweroff?
Both should be possible.

Not sure on your yellow line - Its not the brahma app.

About the programm. Tested on Sony Xperia Z3Compact.

1. Do not saved camera settings. Each time you need to re-enter the IP address or scan camera.
2. If you press the back button, the program crashes (closed) completely. We have to re-start, scan etc.
3. First page on start. If I donat, can I access directly to the program, w/o this splash screen?
4. Need to modify color palette on the settings page. Continue button look like as inactive.
5. Button "Configure timelapse" is not pressed.

Excellent finally have some bugs and not requests! :) Thanks Polder.

1. This should be fixed in the latest release..
- Can you goto android app settings and check which release you are on the latest is 7.0.6
2. Back button forces the app to close. There is no navigation/routing built in so I can't without a lot of effort get the back button to go back after an action.. I can either get it to close the app or do nothing.
3. No the donate popup will always be there if you donate or not.
- I plan to create an advanced app that you pay for but this is not going to be released for 6-12months and depending how this release goes.
4. What colour would you suggest? I'm just going with the default colours from http://t4t5.github.io/sweetalert/
5. Timelapse is not yet available that option is coming soon.. - the button accidentally slipped into the release.

1. This should be fixed in the latest release..
- Can you goto android app settings and check which release you are on the latest is 7.0.6.

Yes, on the latest version is all right. I tested the previous version, and then saw the update. :)

Back button forces the app to close

May be necessary to ask user "Are you want to exit?" or make double-click on back button to exit. Something like this. (I'm just began to learn java)

Code:
@Override
public void onBackPressed() {
    if (back_pressed + 2000 > System.currentTimeMillis())
        super.onBackPressed();
    else
        Toast.makeText(getBaseContext(), "Press once again to exit!",
                Toast.LENGTH_SHORT).show();
    back_pressed = System.currentTimeMillis();
}

3. No the donate popup will always be there if you donate or not.
Ok, if the program will not be closed, for every wrong back button is pressed , the screen can be left :)

4. What colour would you suggest?
I will look later and give my suggestion.

Last edited:
I don't know Java - the whole app is written with Javascript/HTML/CSS running on cordova/crosswalk. ;)

But I can add double tap back or the popup message - the only reason I have back to close is it makes it quicker for me to close the app and restart and test other functionality :)

I'll get it added for the next release.

Hmm..
Could you do a complete uninstall of 7.0.6 and NEW install - looks like something must of become corrupt in the data storage of the app during an upgrade from a previous release and try again - autoscan or manually setup your ips.
Then fully close and open the app again..

It shouldn't take you back to the configuration page and the IPs should be saved.
Also this version should show you as default rig with 1 camera - so you will need to swap out to 6.. there may be a tiny bug here..

Thanks

Could you do a complete uninstall of 7.0.6 and NEW install - looks like something must of become corrupt in the data storage of the app during an upgrade from a previous release and try again - autoscan or manually setup your ips.
Then fully close and open the app again..

Ok. little bit later, at home ).

I took the latest version for a spin. All working well. I did, however, have a problem with activating record right after this video was complete. I pressed 'record' and cycled back along the canal thinking it was running (I'm sure I heard the beep) but when I got back there was no video.

Jealous.. its' way too sunny where you are ;)
Got clouds and rain here and hail stones...

I need to do a few more tests here - I think I have had a problem where the stop recording doesn't stop..
But the phone says its stopped although the cameras are still flashing and then you hit record and nothing happens but you hear the beep because its still recording and then you hit stop or turn it off and it stops.

I need to get some logging scripts in place on the app so I can see you'r log maybe in the next release.. ;)

Really nice work Bleeder! I'm testing on a Asus Transformer Pad TF300t and finding some button lag on v7 when the cameras are connected. Not sure if that was there before. Also can't activate 100ms on the buzzer. Only goes down to 200ms. Otherwise app is working nicely. Hot spot on the tf300t must be very weak though as I have to be within a couple of feet to activate the cameras. Autoscan is not working for me but manual input is working fine.

Also if anyone can share their stitching workflows with me would be great. I am using Autopano Video 2.2.2 and having lots of 'ghosting' at stitch lines. Some advice would really help if you could PM me.

I'm testing on a Asus Transformer Pad TF300t and finding some button lag on v7 when the cameras are connected. Not sure if that was there before. Also can't activate 100ms on the buzzer. Only goes down to 200ms. Otherwise app is working nicely. Hot spot on the tf300t must be very weak though as I have to be within a couple of feet to activate the cameras. Autoscan is not working for me but manual input is working fine.

• There is some lag with the buttons and the icons changing as the images were not correctly cached - this I am hoping is fixed in next release.
  • App Settings - good spot these are 2 bugs that I need to fix.
  • Autoscan should work if your ip range is the same as the router/phone you are connecting too.
    • ie. phone IP = 192.168.1.10 - the scanner will scan 192.168.1.* 0-255
    • if you setup the IPs manually and not using DHCP then if the ip range is different it won't find it.

Also if anyone can share their stitching workflows with me would be great. I am using Autopano Video 2.2.2 and having lots of 'ghosting' at stitch lines. Some advice would really help if you could PM me.

I have already tested a number of video panoramas.
The problem is what stitch the never exactly I see it with 6 or more cameras.
Especially when it (comes Animals People etc.) to moving elements
The stitching programs are currently still not good enough.
I've been doing for many years panoramas pictures www.panorade.de
I think that the technology for video panoramas yet to develop.
I first laid my Xiaomi cameras aside and bought a Gear360.
Let's see how this goes.
Achim

Ok... I think... I've fixed the issue with Frieds 35mbit firmware and my code for taking photos..
- That will be out on next release also no need for start wifi while booted - can be on or off.

A few items left before the release:
  • Working on cleaning up the Virtual Terminal to support syncing terminal commands across cameras.
  • A few cosmetic fixes as well in here
  • Ability to name Scenes and group videos
--
I've also started looking into updating/controlling ISO and other camera settings that will be coming
- although due to lack of support these features will probably pushed into a PRO Payable Release ..

Last edited:
Here's one of my first tests. Running app on ASUS TF300t android 6.0. Stock FW. z22. (Screen from TF300t is not good for viewing in full daylight. Very difficult to use app during the day on this tab)
6 cameras. Stitched in Autopano Video Pro 1.7 Panoramic adjustment in Autopano Giga.
Stitching seems to work pretty well on this attempt. Little ghosting and movement looks natural.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3wj62YFHcTs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back