Xiaomi Yi 360 VR 6 Camera Rig Android app (Brahma Alpha)

Great! Looking forward to iOS app as there are lots of iOS devices kicking around. I will pick up a device and see if I can get it to go. thanks

After months of development the App is finally on the Play store!!
If you downloaded the unsigned version from my site - please uninstall first before installing the official release ;)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.digaset.brahma

Whats next?
  • Still lots of minor bugs that need fixing and cleanup - nothing major I can see though.
  • Telnet Integration (Terminal Screen)
  • One Click setup - Choose a script and auto deploy across all cameras (YiMax) etc..
  • Stop WIFI button
  • Time Lapse options
  • Mobile Clapper - who needs hands when you can push a button ;)
  • Auto File Rename across all connected cams
  • Custom App Settings
  • Camera Settings sync (its annoying when you find one camera has somehow lost its settings ;))
  • Social Integration Facebook
  • Rig Camera File Manager
And after that I'll be asking for suggestions..
Maybe I'll port the app to desktop (Mac,Linux, Win) and IOS?..

I am using a Android tablet (Asus TF300t) and when I set up the hotspot I don't see connected devices through the hot spot menu like Steve does in his video so I can't find the IP address of the cameras. Any know how to peep those addresses?

Are the cameras connected to the hotspot?

Have you deployed the scripts to the cameras SD card and updated the script to dhcp or IP and set the router name/password in the scripts.

I have a asus tf300 I can try on mine.. I havent tested from a tablet but shouldn't be a problem.

Have you tried the autoscan button - this should.. .. ;) find the cameras if they are connected.

If you don't mind checking the connection on the tf300 that would be amazing as I can definitely do some good testing once its set up. I have deployed the scripts to the cameras through the link you guys provided. http://bluestudios.co.uk/Brahma/clientModeScripts.zip
SORRY... just peeked the scripts in the link. I was following Steve on the youtube video and he mentions not to change the script and leave the ssid 'brahma' and psk 'brahma99'. What Steve doesn't mention in the video is that it's not set that by default. There is nothing there by default. I did not change it as I as following his walkthrough. I will try again and get back to you.

When you say update the script to dhcp or ip, what does that refer to? Currently I am downloading your script, adding the ssid and password, putting them in the root of the sd card, putting the card in the camera, turn on the camera, set the tablet to hotspot with 'brahma' as ssid, 'brahma99' as password. I can't enter the IPs manually as I don't have a way of finding the IPs of the cameras. I can't tell if they are connecting to the hotspot as the tablet doesn't seem to show the connected devices like steve's phone does. (I checked by connecting to the tablet hotspot with my iphone successfully but it does not show on the tablet that a device is connect as far as I can see, but maybe I don't know where to look). When I run autoscan the process counter is constantly stuck at 198%(!) and does not seem to recognize the cameras. IPs in the connection menu stay at 0.0.0.1-6
If you have a way of discovering the IPs of the cameras or any other help would be awesome. I am running Z22 cameras with stock FW. The only other thing that might be an issue is that I am on android 4.2.1
I am working to install lollipop now to see if it makes a difference but I am gonna take it slow as I've heard a lot of tabs get bricked with this install.
Anyway any help would be helpful. thanks

I was wondering if there is a script for 1600x1200 but at 30fps? Or how would I modify the script I have for 1600x1200 at 60fps?

Sorry the app only supports android 5.x+

When I deployed I forgot to update the supported android version.

I'll write out a step by step guide for you.

Have you tried connecting through a router and not direct through mobile hotspot?

That 198% is weird I will take a look.
The hanging is normal give it a minute or two..

I was wondering if there is a script for 1600x1200 but at 30fps? Or how would I modify the script I have for 1600x1200 at 60fps?

Yes there is a whole list of resolutions and framerates on one of the git directories I'm on my mobile as soon as I get to a PC I'll post it.

Just need to add it to an ash file to autosetup.

When you say update the script to dhcp or ip, what does that refer to? Currently I am downloading your script, adding the ssid and password, putting them in the root of the sd card, putting the card in the camera, turn on the camera, set the tablet to hotspot with 'brahma' as ssid, 'brahma99' as password. I can't enter the IPs manually as I don't have a way of finding the IPs of the cameras. I can't tell if they are connecting to the hotspot as the tablet doesn't seem to show the connected devices like steve's phone does. (I checked by connecting to the tablet hotspot with my iphone successfully but it does not show on the tablet that a device is connect as far as I can see, but maybe I don't know where to look). When I run autoscan the process counter is constantly stuck at 198%(!) and does not seem to recognize the cameras. IPs in the connection menu stay at 0.0.0.1-6
If you have a way of discovering the IPs of the cameras or any other help would be awesome. I am running Z22 cameras with stock FW. The only other thing that might be an issue is that I am on android 4.2.1
I am working to install lollipop now to see if it makes a difference but I am gonna take it slow as I've heard a lot of tabs get bricked with this install.
Anyway any help would be helpful. thanks

These are the steps you should follow -
  • Upgrade to android 5 or 6 - I mistyped the correct supported android release - fixed in next official release.
  • Extract to the root of the SDCard - connect your camera to your computer via USB or plug the sd card into your computer
  • Update line 51 of \wifi\sta.sh and manually set the ip of your camera or dynamically set by commenting this line and uncomment the following line
  • Update \wifi\wpa_supplicant.conf add your SSID(WIFI NAME) and psk(ROUTER PASSWORD)
  • Power on camera - after 30 seconds you will here 2 beeps the camera should now be connected
  • Make sure you are running 1.2.13 FW Stock
Bugs
- "When I run autoscan the process counter is constantly stuck at 198%(!) "
--Fixed will come out in the next release

Just released v7.04 - bunch of bug fixes and also added the ability to sync and push camera config updates across all connected cameras in the selected Rig! :)
Uploaded to Google Play should be up in a couple hours - enjoy..

Let me know what issues you find I've fixed all the issues I know of.

If you can't wait for google - the unsigned version of 7.04 is available now from BlueStudios.

Thanks

Just released v7.04 - bunch of bug fixes and also added the ability to sync and push camera config updates across all connected cameras in the selected Rig! :)
Uploaded to Google Play should be up in a couple hours - enjoy..

Let me know what issues you find I've fixed all the issues I know of.

If you can't wait for google - the unsigned version of 7.04 is available now from BlueStudios.

Thanks

Hey there. I've tried downloading 7.04 from Bluestudios but I keep getting V6. I also tried Google Play, but same result.

Hey there. I've tried downloading 7.04 from Bluestudios but I keep getting V6. I also tried Google Play, but same result.

Sorry - the about section says v6 but it is 7.0.4 both in the app store and blue studios. You can check the app info and it will tell you the correct version - on the menu press and hold the app icon and then drag it into app info android section and you will see the real release.

Thanks for this!
Cheers! I am still unsure what to add to my autoexec.ash for timelapse video. Of course, it has to be 1600x1200 4:3. But what are the exact commands? I've looked elsewhere but other examples are not for 360.

Hmm. I upgraded my tablet (Asus TF300t) to Android 6.0
I've copied the files over to the root of the SD card.
I've adjusted the wpa_supplicant file to:

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
network={
ssid=“brahma”
scan_ssid=0
psk=“brahma99”
proto=RSN
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
pairwise=CCMP
auth_alg=OPEN
}

Set my wifi hotspot SSID to 'brahma' and psk to 'brahma99'

Looked at the sta.sh file and used both :

#either static or dynamic IP (DHCP)

ifconfig wlan0 192.168.1.120 netmask 255.255.255.0
#udhcpc -i wlan0 -A 2 -b -t 30

and

#either static or dynamic IP (DHCP)

#ifconfig wlan0 192.168.1.120 netmask 255.255.255.0
udhcpc -i wlan0 -A 2 -b -t 30

Still no connection or cameras come up when autoscan.
Since I don't have an android phone I can't seem to check the IP addresses of the cameras when in this mode, so can't add them manually.
I can connect to the hotspot with my iphone so the hotspot exists and 'works'
I cannot connect to the cameras when they are powered up with my iphone so it must mean they are in wifi 'station' mode or whatever it is called.
Can you suggest any other courses of action or anyway to check the IP addresses of the cameras when in this mode using a computer (Mac or PC, I have both) or an iPhone? I may pick up an android phone today to check this out.

Am running stock 1.2.13 FW.
I'm waiting til the 2 beeps from camera. Camera seems to beep every 30sec or so. I continue to try to autoscan and get not nothing. No more progress circle when scanning.

Camera beep every 30s suggests cameras are not connecting to the router.
Can you zip and upload one of your scripts so I can take a look and see if I can see whats going on - just PM me the url.

Also you are editing everything in notepad++

if you do it in notepad or another editing tool it may corrupt the file.

Also instead of setting wpa to brahma:brahma99 and getting your phone ssid and password set to that try connecting camera direct to your router instead for a test.

ssid="<YOUR ROUTER NAME>"
psk="<YOUR ROUTER PASSWORD>"

Thanks

Back