Xiaomi Yi 360 VR 6 Camera Rig Android app (Brahma Alpha)

Hi Forum,

New to this and have built the Brahma 7 (using U.S. Edition cameras) and loaded app on my Nexus 6p but cannot seem to get phone and app connected. Has anyone had success with either of these (US XioaMi's and/or Nexus 6p-Marshmellow)?

Connected with S6 and a new international Xiaomi provided by a friend.

- Bleeder & Morris
Do you see the IP of the camera connected to your phone?
or if you are connecting to your router have you checked your router admin console for connected devices to confirm.

if you are connected to the router - please put the cameras as close as possible - there can we wireless interference if there are lots of wireless spots and xiaomis wifi aren't that powerful.

Hi!
I use Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 for connection to rig cameras. And I have aproblem, similar to pano_ramic one. But my smartphone able to connect only to 5 cameras, not to 6. Who knows, its restrictions of this phone model?

Double check the settings of the camera that is not connecting also try connecting the cameras to the router to see if that works.
I doubt it is a limit of the phone.. But it could be.

Hi

I have problem with wifie hotspot,I download files from link www.imica.net/uploaded_files/brahma6/Xiaomi.zip made like on tutorial
but my phones dosent see cameras. I use samsung note 2 and sony z5. How to get IP from cams when they dosent connect to hotspot? Do i have to change IP address in sta and watchdog files for my phone IP?

Thanks

Dsmok

If I connect to my router I set the IP's in sta.sh
Code:
#either static or dynamic IP (DHCP)

ifconfig wlan0 192.168.1.120 netmask 255.255.255.0
#udhcpc -i wlan0 -A 2 -b -t 30

If I am using my phone then I use dhcp and let my phone assign the IPs
Code:
#either static or dynamic IP (DHCP)

#ifconfig wlan0 192.168.1.120 netmask 255.255.255.0
udhcpc -i wlan0 -A 2 -b -t 30

Just by commenting of un-commenting with the#

.. I am working on a new startup script not sure when it will be ready - with a lot of improvements.

Hi Polder,
thanks for the hint. I had a look at Ponerine and of course I like the idea to inject 1600x1200 px, 59,94fps and a higher bitrate into each camera. But unfortunately, Ponerine and the cameras did not behave like exepcted. I could inject the new settings into one camera, but the scripts it installed kept dissappearing when I switched the camera off and on for a few times. And I did not find a tutorial or something similar to check whether I made a mistake.
I thought it would be a s easy as making one script containing all the desired settings, copy that script to the sd cards of the other cameras, changing the ip numbers in sta.sh in order to have 6 cameras working with the hotspot in my cellphone. The "clientModeScripts" seems to provide the "ip functionality" and initially, it worked more reliable than Ponerine but does not contain the advanced video resolution settings... Is it possible to combine both in a safe way?
Bye,
Oliver

.. Working on this - comes out in the next release coming soon.. :)

Connected with S6 and a new international Xiaomi provided by a friend.

- Bleeder & Morris
Do you see the IP of the camera connected to your phone?
or if you are connecting to your router have you checked your router admin console for connected devices to confirm.

if you are connected to the router - please put the cameras as close as possible - there can we wireless interference if there are lots of wireless spots and xiaomis wifi aren't that powerful.
Mine is connecting to my phone hotspot no problems. I'm switching between PonerineM and Brahma because I find sometimes photos or videos aren't saved in either. Results are patchy. And what resolution should I set for photos? I'm using Autopano but it's not detecting control points. Is there a preferred profile?

Stitching is working but I have gaps at either horizontal extremity of my videos. What is the optimum video resolution setting for the Brahma 2?

Last edited:
New release is out and available!!! :D

- Performance fixes
- Brand update
- UI enhancements
- Ability to configure settings on your camera
- - Currently this will only let you update 1 connected camera at a time if you connect more than one it will display settings from the first connected camera.
- - Next release will have the ability to migrate settings across all cameras and also the ability to easily switch to see settings across each connected camera.

Stitching is working but I have gaps at either horizontal extremity of my videos. What is the optimum video resolution setting for the Brahma 2?

Instructions on Setup and using Kolor and info on rigs new and old can be found on Steve's page -
https://www.youtube.com/user/clusterukdevelopment

I will be creating a step by step guide that I will add to bluestudios - but this wont be for a month or 2.

For those who can't figure out how to find the ip address of their cameras when in dhcp mode - I'm adding in the ability to scan your network and auto assign the ip if the app can find connected cameras ;)

Hope it helps ;)

New release is out and available!!! :D

- Performance fixes
- Brand update
- UI enhancements
- Ability to configure settings on your camera
- - Currently this will only let you update 1 connected camera at a time if you connect more than one it will display settings from the first connected camera.
- - Next release will have the ability to migrate settings across all cameras and also the ability to easily switch to see settings across each connected camera.
Exciting news. Forgive me for being a bit thick, but when I looked at the link on the Blue Studios site, the app there appears to be the previous version. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Ooops
Thanks for pointing it out.

Hadn't updated the page - now updated ;)

V7 is out!
- Auto-scanning of IPs and adding them to the config
- Ability to swap across and configure settings for each camera easily
- cleanup of the UI

Please make sure you uninstall older versions before installing this update! ;)
Thanks

Hi, I tested on my Google Nexus 7 (2nd) and it works!

Several ideas, preview is relatively slow as you said, and a bit lag when start recording, most of the things work fine! Thank you again.

When I compare with PoneineM, I found that when I start record (I only have 3 cam), It will also recorded the "beep" sound from the controller tablet, and significantly starting one by one (by the light and beep sound), but for PoneineM, it wouldn't.

I wonder if the delay of record is quite significant in your application then PoneineM.

And one more question, do we need to switch on the lens distortion correction when taking 360 video? or just leave it in fisheye like uncorrected?

Its not a significant delay but I like to have the beeper to sync the cameras with Kolor.
I will be setting a config so you can turn this option off if you want as well as adding a manual clapper that the phone will emit the sound.

If you reset your camera the only setting you need to change is the resolution to 4:3.

I decided to take your latest release of the app out for a spin on my bike. Here are the results:

BTW, I was going to try some timelapse. But when I tried to tap on the "Configure Timelapse" button (in photo mode) it didn't respond.

That's awesome! Great job..

Timelapse button sneaked in - its meant for next release ;) Not working yet..

Need to drop the framerate and up the bit rate.

Working on a new startup script designed just for 360Rigs its almost complete will improve quality and auto configure cameras to a great setup. ;)

Would be nice to see your custom rig too. ;)

Just looking to purchase an android to test the app out and I was wondering if cellular data is required for operation or is wifi functionality enough? Looking to pick up an old Nexus 7 to test but need to know whether to get a LTE or wifi only. thanks

Android 5.x+ should be fine and you can connect through a third party router or tablet/phone ;)

Their is another app - iOS version soon to be released by Stephen if you have an iPhone iPad? Its just being tested out at the moment ;)

Back