Xiaomi Yi 4K Action Camera 2 More Details - Update Real Photo & Unboxing Review Video

Here's the details in Chinese for those who can actually read it... 3 color: white, grey, pink
http://z.jd.com/project/details/54911.html#rd

Seems like the price is 1199 yuan [launch price, regular 1499?](~$185 USD), so assuming international version would come out sometime in August, I would assume the pricing would be around $239 to $299...

5732f60eN06b92019.jpg

Gearbest has it for $249.99 for pre-order, one of the cheaper ones out there currently.

Does this have any remote microphone input capability? As soon as it does I'm buying one remote mic makes the sound SOOOOO Much better

PRE-SALE ON GEARBEST 227€ and COUPON -8% = GB16SALE price = 211€

On Banggood Pre-order 224€. Any coupon on Banggood?

Gearbest is cheapest, $229.99 USD after that 8% coupon (GB16SALE)

Geekbuying has it for $249.99 - $10 coupon (YICAM10) = $239.99 USD

Banggood is $249.99 USD, no coupon at the moment as far as I can tell.

Just not sure if anyone of them are actually the "International" version or the "Chinese" version. Geekbuying has 2 versions listed, the Chinese version ($245.99 USD) and the International version ($249.99 USD).

You have it listed, not the product. Maybe you will have the product in July.

enjoy,
Mtz

We have it now for £159 - Euro 203 - Shipping from the UK
https://thesolutionshop.co.uk/product/yi-action-camera-4k-2nd-generation/
May I ask who you are?

Clearly you are not the company registered as "The Solution Shop", your website gives no contact details other than an email address at your domain name, your domain name registration hides any contact details and your terms and conditions say:

SECTION 18 – GOVERNING LAW

These Terms of Service and any separate agreements whereby we provide you Services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Foxs Barn, Newbury, HAM, RG20 5SQ, United Kingdom.

So you appear to make your own laws :eek:

I very much doubt that we would find you at that address if we tried...

May I ask who you are?

Clearly you are not the company registered as "The Solution Shop", your website gives no contact details other than an email address at your domain name, your domain name registration hides any contact details and your terms and conditions say:

So you appear to make your own laws :eek:

I very much doubt that we would find you at that address if we tried...

We are a registered company in the UK, if you came to that address you would find us, we also provide a phone number to call on our contact page. I had not released how dodgy the lack of information looks. What information do you expect? If you have any questions you can contact us on live chat from 9am to 8pm (except for 1-2pm & 7pm - 7:45) or email us or call us

We are a registered company in the UK, if you came to that address you would find us, we also provide a phone number to call on our contact page. I had not released how dodgy the lack of information looks. What information do you expect? If you have any questions you can contact us on live chat from 9am to 8pm (except for 1-2pm & 7pm - 7:45) or email us or call us
Well it is normal (and a legal requirement) for a registered company to provide their registration details on their website, including the company number, you haven't even given us the name that you are registered under even though I have asked who you are, unless you really are "The Solution Shop" which happens to be listed as deceased in 2010!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mtz
So the price is 299 usd , while gopro 4black is around 440 usd, and silver around 360 usd.

Definitely not for the market that jumped the Xiaomi wagon for first Yi
If some one can spend 299 usd for a sports cam , he probable own a gopro already. My opinion.

The cam is great, but im not shure about how it will play out.

I think its not suppose to replace first Yi. Its rather expansion in the higher rank cam market.
Dunno why i was expecting something else.

Just 249.99,have $20 coupon from gkb

Geekbuying's yi action camera 2 page has more details, and with some video review.
I'm still in watch and wait mode, hope to see more videos, then I can decide to buy it.

@lolsunny , why used XiaoMi name in topic title but in the thread you are using the correct name as Yi and even maybe XiaoYi? Yi cameras are not made by XiaoMi but by Yi technology.

@Marcofan76 I hope you will use in your reviews the Yi name and not XiaoMi.

enjoy,
Mtz

If you are going to use the name of another company for marketing your action camera, why not call it a GoPro Yi 2 :D

The official site called it yi action camera 2

Geekbuying list international version and Chinese version, what's the difference?

And I'm concerning about the battery lifetime, cause there's so many action cameras with a not so good battery.
Since the YI action camera 1 has a lot of good reviews, the YI action camera 2 should be expected, espeacially in battery performance.

Looks like The Solution Shop has run away, the post has been deleted!

Had to laugh at the terms and conditions on their website:
SECTION 5 – PRODUCTS OR SERVICES (if applicable)

We do not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you will meet your expectations, or that any errors in the Service will be corrected.

The official site called it yi action camera 2
Then you should delete the XiaoMi word from topic title. I consider is not OK for a serious forum like dashcamtalk to allow the same false advertising as chinese online sellers which are using the XiaoMi fame to sell an Yi product. As @Nigel wrote, why not used GoPro Yi2? In this way you can sell even more compared to XiaoMi Yi2 and $280 price is closer to a GoPro product compared to a XiaoMi product.

enjoy,
Mtz

Back