Xiaomi Yi 4K Action Camera 2 More Details - Update Real Photo & Unboxing Review Video

$269.99 officially listed on Yi Technology website.

Gearbest updated their description, stating that they are selling the International Version
Cheapest so far I think, $229.99 after using coupon GB16SALE

7.jpg
All the operations can be done in the touch screen, it's just like a "smart" action camera as smartphone.

Curious if they'll have the audio disabled on the high-frame rate modes. Anyone get hands on and can confirm anything?

Not this problem in the yi action camera 2.All the problem from the first generation will not appear

Hello evryone, I can't understand the difference between Xiaomi and Xiaoyi. Wat's the problem about Yi 2 is it a fake ?

Hello evryone, I can't understand the difference between Xiaomi and Xiaoyi. Wat's the problem about Yi 2 is it a fake ?

Xiaomi is the backer of Xiaoyi, which Xiaoyi is the company behind "YI" cameras (e.g. Dashcam, Action Camera, etc.).

Xiaoyi, known as YI, is the one that produces the action cameras, dash camera, and home security cameras.

The Yi 4K Action Camera is their newest product, but priced pretty high, yet still lower than the GoPro.

Ok many thanks @runtohell121 for precision i can now understand topics about this. Volswagen lamborgini :).

Personnally i don't care, the most important is about quality product hardware and software.

I want get the better price/quality like i am resseller and love the product (action cam).

Like some people says here you can't make confusion between Yi and Mi, so like i have seen in many website.

I won't do the same.

Like i am new, do you have some articles subject about technicals, hardware, software to understand better the action cam product.

Ps: If someone have better to propose than the Yi, i am open :) .

Right now the quality is not a problem because the product is not available, but the specs are looking good, advanced. The problem of Yi camera is not from the manufacturer, the Yi Technology, but from some people and sellers wich are using the XiaoMi name near Yi just to get traffic or increase sales.

But if a camera is not produced by XiaoMi and the seller is listing it as XiaoMi Yi, I can consider that seller is selling a fake XiaoMi camera.

enjoy,
Mtz

Looks like The Solution Shop has run away, the post has been deleted!

Had to laugh at the terms and conditions on their website:
We have not "run away" our post was removed by admin because it goes against forum rules (Self-Promotion) and that is a standard terms and conditions clause you point to above and is widely used in the industry, as customer standards are subjective and not objective we disqualify them, however other issues such as issues with the product would fall under our warranty and customer care along with both our legal requirement EU Law and UK Law along with our commitment to ecommerce best practices.

Yes understand i agree, but all reviews even on serious information website, they said Xiaomi. Information get confusing even for advanced customers.

I think the problem can be if you put Xiaoyi not Xiaomi Yi most people can thinking it's a fake camera because most of marketing is on Xiaomi Yi :s.

Get myself confusing :):).

For my part i will keep th yi logo on the product description and Xiaoyi for brand name.

My dream is to get a actioncam like they have in the market but without "4K logo" and same speficities.

Here are 2 accessories that was just listed on Yi Technology (Official site) store:

Yi Technology 2nd Gen Waterproof Case $35
Product Link: https://usacart.yitechnology.com/co...tion-cam-now/products/2nd-gen-waterproof-case
2_1024x1024.png

Yi Technology Leather Case & UV Lens $22
Product Link: https://usacart.yitechnology.com/co...ion-cam-now/products/leather-case-and-uv-lens
1_1024x1024.png

edit: Seems like Yi Technology lowered their price from $269 to $249, making it the same price as resellers (e.g., Gearbest, Banggood, Geekbuying).
https://usacart.yitechnology.com/co...products/4k-action-camera?variant=18869127873

But it's still cheaper from resellers when they have sales and coupon codes.

We have not "run away" our post was removed by admin because it goes against forum rules (Self-Promotion) and that is a standard terms and conditions clause you point to above and is widely used in the industry, as customer standards are subjective and not objective we disqualify them, however other issues such as issues with the product would fall under our warranty and customer care along with both our legal requirement EU Law and UK Law along with our commitment to ecommerce best practices.
If you are going to trade anonymously so that nobody can take legal action against you if required then I don't expect anyone will be placing a pre-order for an expensive camera knowing that you can disappear without trace but with their money!

You claim that you are a UK registered company, in which case you should obey the rules that came with your registration, it is illegal not to:
You must include your company’s name on all company documents, publicity and letters.
On business letters, order forms and websites, you must show:
  • the company’s registered number
  • its registered office address

There must be a reason why you chose not to answer my original question - "May I ask who your are?", I can't think of a valid reason.

grey market though

Yup, but for some international buyers, there isn't much of an option if they want to buy it when there is no Yi Technology (official) store on Amazon or their own website store in their country.

Reactions: Mtz
I expect Yi to sell internationally using their site or Amazon, eBay. Sellers like GearBest will have better prices.

enjoy,
Mtz

I expect Yi to sell internationally using their site or Amazon, eBay. Sellers like GearBest will have better prices.

enjoy,
Mtz

I don't know that the price difference will be large enough to offset the lack of support on a grey market version worth the risk

Last edited:
Depending on the quality of the product based on users feedback some buyers will chose Grey market. I don't expect Yi2 to start their sales with problems again.

Looking generally, best is to buy an early product from Amazon for example. But many people want to have first some model and they can buy a poor psroduct like I did with the Yi dashcam and now I can consider a lost because I can not fix the problem.

enjoy,
Mtz

Back