Xiaomi Yi 4K Action Camera 2 More Details - Update Real Photo & Unboxing Review Video

lolsunny

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
China
Update:

What's the the Differences between International Version & Chinese Version ?

1231-667x338.jpg

YI technology has released two version of YI action camera 2. International version and Chinese version(CN version), CN version can’t be fully used outside China mainland. Why not? Let me show you the details.

Different APP & Firmware Update

CN version of YI action camera II is with Chinese APP. By contrast, International version is English APP, which is more suitable for outside mainland China market. The most importance thing is the users from outside mainland China buy CN version and the language can ‘t be switched to English. What is the worst, it can’t connect to YI action camera APP and some functions can’t be used, even you can’t update APP or firmware.

Different screen interface language

Another difference is language display on the screen. International version is English and CN version is Chinese. If you accidentally buy a CN version YI action camera, you may not know how to operate it because of language difference. What a mess!

Different certifications of battery

International version has passed CE & FCC certification, additional, CRUUS or KC certification.

Different label on the package

From label on the package, we can know some basic specifications about YI action camera 2, but Chinese version is Chinese label. International version is English and it is easier to help the user know more about YI action camera 2.

Different user manual and instruction

Obviously, Chinese version and international version YI action camera 2 are packed with different language user manual. Chinese version user manual is Chinese and international version user manual is English. If you buy Chinese version one and don’t know how to operate it with Chinese user manual. You camera will become useless. For the best user experience, we suggest to buy international version.

YI official after-sale services

More over, YI doesn’t provide official after-sale services for CN version from outside mainland China, if there is something wrong with your CN version YI action camera, there is no YI official customer service.

Product review: International version YI 4K Action CameraII

Yi Action Camera VS GoPro Hero 4

Amongst the low-budget action camera, XIAOYI action camera is set to be the cream of the crop thanks to its compelling specifications and competitive value for money. Continuing on the intriguing adventure, YI 4K Action Camera has been officially unveiled with upgrades in 4K video decoding availability, revolutionary chipset, 1,400mAh battery as well as 2.19 inch display.

Starting with the most basic information, it has been confirmed that YI 4K Action camera carries the leading edge Ambarella A9 which avails 4K Ultra HD video recording at 30fps, apart from the accessibility to high frame rate video for capturing fast action sports with 1080p video at 120fps or 720p video at 240fps. This seemingly fails few fans since the previous model equips IMX 206 sensor at 16MP resolution though, the 4K video recording hits the track, seeing that the previous sensor was restricted to 1080p.

Next up is the 1,400mAh battery. The XIAOMI Yi 4K action camera is loaded with a 1,400mAh battery, compared to the GoPro HERO4`s 1160mAh, placing it comfortably in the ascendant.

Moreover, the 2.19-inch LCD display on the back is necessarily icing on the cake. Credit to the Corning Gorilla Glass protection, it is reported to be running on a resolution of 640*360 along with 330ppi pixel density and 160 degrees viewing angle.

Sounds familiar? It is just because these specifications match those of the GoPro’s Hero 4 Black Edition. The comparison chart underneath testifies to all.

Last edited:
So the price is 299 usd , while gopro 4black is around 440 usd, and silver around 360 usd.

Definitely not for the market that jumped the Xiaomi wagon for first Yi
If some one can spend 299 usd for a sports cam , he probable own a gopro already. My opinion.

The cam is great, but im not shure about how it will play out.

I think its not suppose to replace first Yi. Its rather expansion in the higher rank cam market.
Dunno why i was expecting something else.

Last edited:
going by their advertising it looks like they're trying to pitch it as better than GoPro but cheaper, will the same sort of comparisons be valid when the Hero 5 comes out though, hard to say

with their track record though I wouldn't buy one as soon as they're released as they seem to have to revise their products soon after release to fix what they miss

@lolsunny , why used XiaoMi name in topic title but in the thread you are using the correct name as Yi and even maybe XiaoYi? Yi cameras are not made by XiaoMi but by Yi technology.

@Marcofan76 I hope you will use in your reviews the Yi name and not XiaoMi.

enjoy,
Mtz

@lolsunny , why used XiaoMi name in topic title but in the thread you are using the correct name as Yi and even maybe XiaoYi? Yi cameras are not made by XiaoMi but by Yi technology.

@Marcofan76 I hope you will use in your reviews the Yi name and not XiaoMi.

enjoy,
Mtz
If you are going to use the name of another company for marketing your action camera, why not call it a GoPro Yi 2 :D

GoPro already have some problems, if Yi will start using their name that will destroy forever GoPro, so I think is better to use XiaoMi.

Now seriously, this is the first time in my life when I see people crating a fake named camera, not the manufacturer.
Of course this was started by sellers like GearBest and Banggood even the idea was given unofficially by XiaoYi which was some "eco-company" connected to XiaoMi. The XiaoYi company never wrote on their products or advertising on their site that are made by XiaoMi.

If Skoda is connected to VW, why are they using Skoda name and not VW? Skoda can have better sales if are named VW, or even Audi.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
Amazing!! From the speicifiation now,I think I will more intersted to buy a Xiao yi action cam 2 than Gopro hero 4.

And find a book page: it's a little bit expensive for me to get one:(

There is another Chinese manufacture announced almost similar spec camera last year, A9SE+IMX377, touch screen, dual MIC, etc.
So I thought the big difference will be the price.

very similar spec also

the market is big so I wouldn't worry too much about these, keep doing what you are doing to constantly develop and improve your products and it will win you more business and more brand loyalty which is better for the long term success

very similar spec also

the market is big so I wouldn't worry too much about these, keep doing what you are doing to constantly develop and improve your products and it will win you more business and more brand loyalty which is better for the long term success

THIS?

S5PLUS

5608a919101dab27a8a414eecbde7b4f_view.jpg

Curious if they'll have the audio disabled on the high-frame rate modes. Anyone get hands on and can confirm anything?

Back