Xiaomi Yi Camera: GUI Control & Configure from PC (Win/Lin/Mac)

Hello.
I need HELP please!

When trying to focus my camera i cut the wifi cable.
Now I can not update the camera .
Is there any way to upgrade firmware via USB ?

thanks.

stufs: follow these steps:
• download your firmware for your revision from my mirror site
• format your SD card to FAT32
• place firmware.bin in the root of the SD card (= no folder)
• place card in the camera & powerup.

Camera will beep several times and then it will poweroff.

BTW what wifi cable? There is no cable, only spring-loaded tip touching flex-antenna on the front cover.

@Andy_S
Could you port this app to Windows Phone?
BTW Great app :D

Last edited:
Hi, @Andy_S
One more find out: while Yi Cam recording video (normal / timelapse video) the recording time will display in the Mobile Apps.
I think there are some kind of msg sending from Yi Cam to the Apps.
Can you figure out how to get the msg?

@luckylz, you are right that is already planned for next version.

Again, please accept my apologizes... That kivy is really PIA, i was already thinking MANY times of abandonning that project and keeping PC version with tkinter which is much simpler. I mean - c'mon, no major version for a month :/

Hi @Andy_S !
I've finally made a sample kivy apk. Is it ok to release to the forum ?
Can't talk to you via IRC atm.

How to activate ? ))))

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    162.8 KB · Views: 67
Andy are you still working on C&C ?

would it be possible to add like + and - options to zoom level
for some people like me, with big fat fingers :D , working on tablet it is kinda tricky to move slider :)
I can do it without, just I get frustrated when I cant click it and move and its damn touchscreen :D

just suggestion :D

well, i was kinda frozen with kivy, but more i look at it, more i think i will completely abandon the idea of porting to android and let luckylz to program android version, since he is very eager to do so. So i will develop C&C and he will clone it into android - with my help :)

+ i had some personal issues - new job & weekends with daughter gives me very little spare time.

Since i don't have much time lately, i handed over the Android version of C&C to [B]luckylz[/B] who will be converting C&C into kivy framework.

He already made his first builds and is proceeding in THIS THREAD

Kivy can be built for iOS as well ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy.Thank you for all the hard work you've done for us.This is a brilliant little program and I much prefer it to the official app (I love the old school appearance).I'm still using it in preference to the official one but it means lugging the lappy to the field with the quadcopters.I'm now rushing over to see progress on the Android version so I can use it on my new tablet.Thanks again.

WhileI'm at it I can't seem to get the "change output folder" to work.I'm reading through the whole thread to see if it's discussed but thought I'd mention it anyway.

Last edited:
i am closely working with luckylz on his version, i already got him to build app that can run on almost any device :)

Hey guys,
I am not yet an owner of the Xiaomi Yi Cam but probably will be at the end of this week. I need it for a project at university and thus shouldn't lose too much time trying things out and I should rather be prepared and already know what's what. So I would like to know what steps I have to take to get the camera working with this application. Do I have to change the firmware? Do I have to change any settings and if so how should I do that? It would be nice if someone could just give a detailed step-by-step-tutorial on how to do this. Might be that I am worried about something I don't have to be worried about :)
Thanks in advance!

no need to modify the firmware. you just need to download the CC.exe, run in the PC with wireless card(connect to the Yi Cam ssid). That's all.

Hi luckylz,
thank you so much for your response! That sounds awesome! So it is just as easy as it sounds in the first post. Was just wondering if that was even possible ;)
Thanks again! Appreciate your work.

Back