Xiaomi Yi Camera: GUI Control & Configure from PC (Win/Lin/Mac)

Thanks Jagger. I was trying to hard!! I was trying to get it connected to my home network. I did what you said. turned my laptop on. Fired up the Yi and it came up as an option on the laptop. All working as it should. Now to see if I can get the 5 yi I have to show up all at the same time on the laptop.

Another problem:
When connecting camera to an AP/router instead of connecting the computer directly to the camera via wifi card, all functions of the CC seem to be working. However, when I stream live view via VLC and record, the camera doesn't record the video.
This is kind-of a problem for me: I am trying to calibrate several cameras at the same time, and I need to see what the cameras are seeing to do it properly. I modified the MultiTrigger script to allow live view. Again, the recording works and live view works, but not both of them simultaneously. Any ideas?

Another problem:
When connecting camera to an AP/router instead of connecting the computer directly to the camera via wifi card, all functions of the CC seem to be working. However, when I stream live view via VLC and record, the camera doesn't record the video.
This is kind-of a problem for me: I am trying to calibrate several cameras at the same time, and I need to see what the cameras are seeing to do it properly. I modified the MultiTrigger script to allow live view. Again, the recording works and live view works, but not both of them simultaneously. Any ideas?
Actually, never mind, I figured out a solution. When I start recording before I trigger the live view, recording works. If anyone needs the modified script, i.e. live view from one of the cams in MultiTrigger mode, lemme know.

Hi all. I have successfully configured my cameras to connect to my Note 4 hotspot. I have used the Brahma app and the PonerineM software and despite being able to see and connect to them in both, I can't take photos or record with them. I tried CC.pyw but the same problem. I read that I can use the CC app to configure the cameras to correct this problem, however after making the recommended settings, it hit 'Apply' and then I watch the colour wheel spin for ages until I am forced to force the app to quit. The camera settings do not change. Any suggestions?

The camera settings do not change. Any suggestions?
Even though I've been able to successfully control the camera photos & recording through Andy's CC & MultiTrigger apps, I have only used the default Yi Action app for Android to change the settings, and that worked out perfectly. Is there any reason you can't use the official Android or IOS app? I recommend removing the script from the memory card, changing the settings through one of those, and re-uploading the script again.

P.S. Also, the official apps allow to upgrade firmware. Is your camera firmware up-to-date? I'm using the latest.

Actually, never mind, I figured out a solution. When I start recording before I trigger the live view, recording works. If anyone needs the modified script, i.e. live view from one of the cams in MultiTrigger mode, lemme know.

I wouldn't mind taking a look at the script :)

Hi all. I have successfully configured my cameras to connect to my Note 4 hotspot. I have used the Brahma app and the PonerineM software and despite being able to see and connect to them in both, I can't take photos or record with them. I tried CC.pyw but the same problem. I read that I can use the CC app to configure the cameras to correct this problem, however after making the recommended settings, it hit 'Apply' and then I watch the colour wheel spin for ages until I am forced to force the app to quit. The camera settings do not change. Any suggestions?

Try the latest Brahma app ;)

I have a problem connecting C&C to my yi after upgrading the firmware to 1.2.13 . My laptop wifi is already connected but when i click connect c&c it says cannot connect. I can ping the yi ip address so i don't know what's the problem. Anyone can help me?
2niy9z8.jpg

so good, but xiaomi yi gear S2 tizen ( remote app ) where can me help for programing?

Hello,

Thank you guys very much for this! I have an old android (4.0.3 Xperia Ray with the Bootloader locked) so I can't use the official app until I will buy a new phone. You can imagine how useful your work was for me. Thank you again!

Hello,
I have xiaomi yi 4k
And then lcd screen has crack
I need to enable wifi
Please help, how wifi to turn on without lcd screen? Any app connect and setting my yi 4k with usb cable?

Many thanks

Hello,
I have xiaomi yi 4k
And then lcd screen has crack
I need to enable wifi
Please help, how wifi to turn on without lcd screen? Any app connect and setting my yi 4k with usb cable?

Many thanks

Try this autoexec.ash code:
Code:
#start or stop wifi
sleep 5
#t ipc rpc clnt exec1 '/usr/local/share/script/wifi_xy_stop.sh'
t ipc rpc clnt exec1 '/usr/local/share/script/wifi_xy_start.sh'

Try this autoexec.ash code:
Code:
#start or stop wifi
sleep 5
#t ipc rpc clnt exec1 '/usr/local/share/script/wifi_xy_stop.sh'
t ipc rpc clnt exec1 '/usr/local/share/script/wifi_xy_start.sh'

How to install this ash code?
Thanks

How to install this ash code?
Thanks
Create a file named: autoexec.ash, and copy my script into it. noted the every line should end with unix LF, not the windows CR LF.

Then put this file in the root of the micro sd card, and power on the camera.

And I also attached the zip file here, unzip it and you'll get the autoexec.ash.

Attachments

• autoexec.zip
    249 bytes · Views: 18
Last edited:
Create a file named: autoexec.ash, and copy my script into it. noted the every line should end with unix LF, not the windows CR LF.

Then put this file in the root of the micro sd card, and power on the camera.

And I also attached the zip file here, unzip it and you'll get the autoexec.ash.
Thanks for sharing, but script doesn't work for me, :'(

What do we need to do to get this rolling on Yi 4K? I read a lot of commands don't work, but some do. It would be good to find out what's available and have a Yi 4K mode. How can I help?

Well incase it can help, here's info from Camera_get.py and debug.txt from CC.pyw . I had to remove spaces in the regex to get the scripts to work.

The app almost works, can get battery and sdcard usage, but Connection times out with exception "preview_status".
Then clicking any of the buttons throws exception.
Code:
Exception in Tkinter callback

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 1536, in __call__
    return self.func(*args)
  File "~/Xiaomi_Yi-master/CC.pyw", line 1484, in FileManager
    self.curPwd = self.Comm(tosend)["pwd"]
  File "~/Xiaomi_Yi-master/CC.pyw", line 407, in Comm
    self.srv.send(tosend)
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 174, in _dummy
    raise error(EBADF, 'Bad file descriptor')
error: [Errno 9] Bad file descriptor

Attachments

• Cam Get.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 4
  • debug.txt
    6.6 KB · Views: 3
What do we need to do to get this rolling on Yi 4K? I read a lot of commands don't work, but some do. It would be good to find out what's available and have a Yi 4K mode. How can I help?
Can you share autoexec for wifi on xiaomi yi4k? Thanks before

Hi

can anybody tell me if this PC software (CC.exe) is able to work with Yi Dash Camera?
This camera wifi SSID is YiCarCam_f620e2 and it assigns IP 192.168.1.33 to my PC, while the camera IP address is 192.168.1.254 (at least it replies for ping to this IP)?

I always get Cannot connect to address specified.

I am starting to think that it can be only for Yi Action Cam, isn't it?

Back