Xiaomi Yi Custom firmware with lastest revision

the app for android just got an update to version 1.12.3. check it out!

changelog:
Add Highlights feature, you can now browse and share content easily from the video you've just shot
Add spanish language support
Improve the speed of opening and browsing camera gallery
Improve video upload, you can now upload without xiaomi account
Fix crash bug when set video length in time-lapse video mode
Fix crash bugs when browsing camera content

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xiaomi.xy.sportscamera&hl=en

I just tried the latest 1.2.11 debug 2 fw, version for Z22/23/S
http://7xi6gp.com2.z0.glb.qiniucdn....ug2_build-20150814160442_b1049_i841_s1098.bin
But can not set higher bitrate for 2K on this fw. Edited bitrates table in AFT as usually, I've done it on previous firmwares, but it seems to not work anymore :/ My camera reverts to poor, stock bitrates, after flashing it with customized firmware with bitrates table @ 35Mbps. Would anybody try and confirm?

Edit
It seems its working again ;) Have no idea why it has not worked from the beginning.

Last edited:
Ok so, here what I did so far :) :) :)

1) First of all just used the AFT tool for the first time successfully :) !
2)WARNING don't try this at home :D :D :D just kiddin' of course, but keep in mind that if you are touching the firmware binaries and you don't have a reference which row is for waht in the table you could brick your camera.

I've set for all the resolutions in the table(not the ones for preview of course) to have Bitrate 46Mbps

And it worked out as a charm for me !!! My MicroSD card is Transcend 32GB UHS-I x600

I. Here is the 1080p 60FPS on 46Mbps (Sorry for forcing you to watch my ugly face :p )

II. Here is the 1296p 30FPS on 46Mbps (Sorry for forcing you to watch my ugly face :p )

I didn't touch any noise reduction value it is the default one (so imagine if you put low noise reduction value in the ASH script for the 1080p@60FPS or even for the 1236p@30FPS)

So here is my custom simple build which is based on the original 1.2.10 firmaware.bin which was originally downloaded on my Andorid Phone as an update before a few weeks ago before editing it into 46Mbps Bitrate for all the resolutions:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3VOFIlQpGN8SDJtWkh0eW5Fek0/view?usp=sharing

The link above is for Version 221.... this is the serial number of my YI

Last edited:
Nice! How about camera heat?

Nice! How about camera heat?
No heat at all, the heat was ongoing while I was trying to use 60 Mbps for the 1080p 60FPS :) but seems this XIAOYI Action Cam Ambarella A7L is smart chipeset and have some themperature thresholds and seems that also the whole firmware is written to have a backup plan situation in such case, so the maximum for mi MicroSD card is 46 Mbps and actually the 2K is going on 47Mbps and actually I'll push the 1236p harder on 50Mbps or more becuase it is on 30 FPS which is not such big load for this chipset ;)

P.S. Also why the hell when I'm using the original 1.2.10 and enabling the 1080p 60 FPS on 50Mbps by autoexec.ash with this in it:

#set bitrate 1920x1080 60fps 50Mbps
writew 0xC05C3046 0x4248

I'm not experiencing the splitting of the files I mean that I've made 3 minutes video on 1920x1080 60fps 50Mbps and the file didn't splited at all,

Is the autoexec.ash from above is enabling the camera for CBR ? And the value 3 in the firmware is for VBR only ?

Official firmware 1.2.12 just released (no beta!). 2k is now - as expected - officially part of our yi! I really hope the bitrate can still be adjusted easily. I can't test it, since the offical xiaomi source isn't updatet yet, so I don't have the bin-files (http://www.xiaoyi.com/update/sports?lang=en).

Changelog:
Added 2k resolution
Added photos folder while taking photo in time-lapse and Burst mode
Optimized the power-saving mode, in order to increase the camera working time
Optimized the hint sound and LED light, helping to recognize the camera's status
Optimzied the experience of loop video record while SD-Card is full
Fixed no response while controlling camera via App
Fixed the image reveral setting don't take effect while recording video in time-lapse mode
Fixed no preview video in app after reconnecting camera
Fixed duration difference between preview video and the actual video file in time-lapse mode

Last edited:
I really hope the bitrate can still be adjusted easily. I can't test it, since the offical xiaomi source isn't updatet yet, so I don't have the bin-files

Bitrate can be increased - same way as before! I've checked it.

Bitrate can be increased - same way as before! I've checked it.
That's cool, thanks! Can you upload a firmware.bin? I have to Yi Cams, one 23S and one 23L so your firmware will fit on one of my cams. The official update page isn't updated yet.

Last edited:
thank you very much. what type of a 22 cam do you have? S or L or just 22?

thank you very much. what type of a 22 cam do you have? S or L or just 22?

Just 22. Not 23 and not L, nor S.
I have increased bitrates to 35Mbps, only High Quality, on 2k, 1080 @25/30fps
and 720 @120fps (they are 6, 9, 18, 156 indexes on bitrates table).

Just 22. Not 23 and not L, nor S.
I have increased bitrates to 35Mbps, only High Quality, on 2k, 1080 @25/30fps
and 720 @120fps (they are 6, 9, 18, 156 indexes on bitrates table).
Thats cool. I adjusted the preview modes to 1MBIT and CBR and increased time lapse video bitrate (1080p 24fps) to 35MBIT instead of 10MBIT. Does anybody know how to change the video mode for time lapse video? the best out of 3 modes is 1080p 24fps. 25fps would be better for us european pal-guys... or 2k of course!

Download for build : 22 - 23 - 23A - 23S (for 'L'-Cams you need the other version of the firmware, which I haven't got yet)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4473093/Modified_FW_1.2.12_for_22_23_23A_23S.zip

What is modified?
Bitrates in High Quality Modes 2k, 1080p30/25, 1080p60/50, 720p120 is set to 35MBIT
Preview bitrates are 1MBIT and CBR-Mode (instead of lower bitrates and VBR)
Bitrate adjusted to 35MBIT for time lapse video mode 1080p24fps (instead of 10MBIT)

The ZIP-file contains the modified firmware, a little readme and a PDF with the bitrate table (in case you want to change something with AFT). 2k is line 6 which is not marked in the bitrate table pdf.

Thanks to valdi99!

Still waiting for the 'L'-Version... hopefully tomorrow!

Last edited:
Your wellcome ;) I really wanted to have ability to increase the bitrates, but newest fw was only available by app. (not via Xiaomi website and then to SD card). But after uploading fw by app and flashing the camera - fw is instantly erased from SD card. However, as we know - there is possibility to un-erase... so I have done it and here we go! We can customize fw again ;)

Last edited:
Your wellcome ;) I really wanted to have ability to increase the bitrates, but newest fw was only available by app. (not via Xiaomi website and then to SD card). But after uploading fw by app and flashing the camera - fw is instantly erased from SD card. However, as we know - there is possibility to un-erase... so I have done it and here we go! We can customize fw again ;)
Did you use the tool "recuva" for undeleting? ;-). The mobile device (in my case xperia z1 compact) stores the file after downloading, too but unfortunately I updated my two cams in a row and didn't know which firmware-file belonged to which camera...

On my yi-knowledge wish-list (if anyone can help, please post):
-set file-splitting to 4GB or maybe even set it off. There is already a thread here at dashcamtalk, but it's quite old and the 4G-file-splitting script doesn't work. There is also an instruction to modify the firmware, but I don't know if it's still working on the latest FW.
-2k time lapse video (maybe through script)
-fully understand functions like sharpness, brightness, colors and so on and change them easily via script like in the "YiMaxMovie"-script (I guess I need a little "how to")
-putting together all needed functions in one script. I know the basic rules of a script (last line blank, line endings unix style and so on), but I failed when trying and definetely doing something terrible wrong here since I don't really understand commands like for example "sleep 3" (which I read quite often in a script maybe that's important when putting two scripts together)

Any help is appreciated. I totally want to learn more about that stuff! :)

Did you use the tool "recuva" for undeleting? ;-)

No, it was Unerase plugin for Total Commander ;)
On my wishlist shutter speed for video would be first. Most important factor to me!

This script for RAW is not worked on custom (( its bad for me (( maybe do u know raw script? Thanks
sleep 2
t app test debug_dump 14

Back