Xiaomi Yi Custom firmware with lastest revision

When you encode the video, be sure to select 1920x1080 output. True. It's not Superview of course, but there seems to be a little more distortion when you upscale from 960P than compressing 1080P. At least with my cam (and my eyes) :).
I call it "SuPoorView"....

...looking for a free software testing upscaling from 1280 x960 to 1920x1050 because shotcut is crashing on my win7 32 bit system while loading plugins.
Any idea?

There must be a faulty plugin thats stopping your Shotcut from opening. Delete them and reinstall them one by one to find out which one it is

the plugins are installed with shotcut freeware so i can't test which one faults :(
it crashes on startup, the faq says sometimes problems with gpu or opengl, but i still have the newestvversion of opengl.
so i search for a easy and quick upscaler for testing "SuPoorView".

yo Fried, what's up my buddy :D I'm back, not with a new firmware or else but with this:

Hope you'll enjoy the video and you all know that I'm an idiot so don't laugh at me so much :p , but anyway I did my dream come true by mounting this heavy Gimbal on this underpowered poor V262 and next thing that I'll do to cut the anti vibrations plates from carbon fiber and will remove the current aluminum .... hope will release another 10-20 g in the perfect life situation and the quad will become even more lighter ;) wish me luck and .... I know that even that I'm shooting directly in the sun the video looks gorgeous ... well this is the moment to say big THANKS to Fried, he is the quilty one to make all of us so happy by giving us this firmware ;)

...looking for a free software testing upscaling from 1280 x960 to 1920x1050 because shotcut is crashing on my win7 32 bit system while loading plugins.
Any idea?
ffplay or ffmpeg via command line?

...so i have to do upscaling to 1920x1048 in exporting menue (it is like exporting with a higher resolution), than editing with softwware and exporting again in 1080p?
The program only accept 1920x1048 instead of 1920x1050, does that matter?

yo Fried, what's up my buddy :D I'm back, not with a new firmware or else but with this:

Hope you'll enjoy the video and you all know that I'm an idiot so don't laugh at me so much :p , but anyway I did my dream come true by mounting this heavy Gimbal on this underpowered poor V262 and next thing that I'll do to cut the anti vibrations plates from carbon fiber and will remove the current aluminum .... hope will release another 10-20 g in the perfect life situation and the quad will become even more lighter ;) wish me luck and .... I know that even that I'm shooting directly in the sun the video looks gorgeous ... well this is the moment to say big THANKS to Fried, he is the quilty one to make all of us so happy by giving us this firmware ;)
Nice job man... gimbal works really good, did you try it to let all fly up or is still too heavy?...

I have it installed and work really good.. first dont record to 35mbit but was because of the sd card, i change to a fastest sd card and now im recording 35mb videos. really good.
Thanks

Hello everyone! Newbie here, so excuse any silly questions :p!! I have Xiaomi Yi cam Z22L with official 1.2.13 firmware and a kingston class 10 U3 32gb sd card... What do i have to do exactly to achieve 35mb record files on any video resolution? (btw , and please don't laugh , where can i see if a video of mine is 35mb ?) ... Oh, one more thing, what about RAW photos? How can i enable them? I will appreciate any help cause i am new to this and a little comfused to tell you the truth, thanks in advance .

EDIT.....Ok i have install Fried's custom 1.2.13 firmware and it seems that i am recording at 35mb(i can see it from my video's details right? it says 36290kbps) .... THANKS FRIED !!! About the RAW photos i still could use some help, any other suggestions for improving quality of the video in generaly, or improving maybe video under low light it would be very welcome!!

Last edited:
That's OK, everyone was a Newbie sometime.
Question 1.... Read the FIRST post on page 1 of this thread. Be sure to use the firmware for your Z22L camera.
Question 2....Right click on the video file. Select properties, select Details tab.... You should see Frame width, frame height, data rate, total bitrate and frame rate. My OS is Windows 10.
Question 3....This requires running scripts. Read all posts on this forum concerning using scripts and you will be amazed.

EDIT Johnnybf unzip this and copy it to your sdcard root. Should give you Raw + Jpeg.

Edit You did not need to rename it autoexec.ash, just rename it to autoexec. (It already was an ASH file). When you look at it on your SD card it should say only "autoexec". If you right click on "autoexec" and select properties, in the file type it should say .ASH, if it says .txt it won't work.

Attachments

• enable_raw_photo.zip
    239 bytes · Views: 18
Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I've recently got my Yi and have installed Fried's firmware for my 23L, which is great! However, after 5 video file splits, the mb/s seems to go from 35 to 20, and I'm not really sure why. It's all in one continuous video and just seems to drop off later on while recording.

I've read of some people in the past having problems with the bitrate changing after the first recording but not midway through.

I thought perhaps it could be the card not writing fast enough but it's a class 10 sandisk extreme, up to 80mb/s write speed. If anyone has any advice on sorting it out or troubleshooting I'd appreciate it.

Thanks everyone!

sandisk extreme: 60/40MB/s
sandisk extreme pro: 95/80MB/s
sandisk extreme plus: 80/50MB/s

you have pro version?
the second value is write speed, the first for reading!
but the normal version with 40MB/s write must be fast enough for 35mbits.
I have the plus and until now no problems with 35mbits, but i had to split not more than two times because my filesplitting is set to 4gb by script, no longer videos than 30 minutes.
45mbits with 2,3k 30fps and 1920x1080 60fps i have same behavior like you.

you have pro version?
I have the plus and until now no problems with 35mbits, but i had to split not more than two times because my filesplitting is set to 4gb by script, no longer videos than 30 minutes.

Dont mix MB with Mbit!
1MB = 8Mbit, so bitrate of 35mbit/s equals 4.37MB/s, so Class10(min 10MB/s) or U1(min 10MB/s) card is all you need.

you have pro version?

Ahh damn it, I've made a silly mistake. I don't have the sandisk extreme, it's just the ultra with a lower write speed, up to 80mb/s read speed. I feel stupid now! Looks like it's not fast enough for 35mbps even though its UHS-1 and class 10 I guess. I'll look into the extreme plus.

Edit: After reading Zulf's reply I'm now slightly confused! Should the Ultra be fast enough regardless? Sorry I'm new to all this technology!

That's OK, everyone was a Newbie sometime.
Question 1.... Read the FIRST post on page 1 of this thread. Be sure to use the firmware for your Z22L camera.
Question 2....Right click on the video file. Select properties, select Details tab.... You should see Frame width, frame height, data rate, total bitrate and frame rate. My OS is Windows 10.
Question 3....This requires running scripts. Read all posts on this forum concerning using scripts and you will be amazed.

EDIT Johnnybf unzip this and copy it to your sdcard root. Should give you Raw + Jpeg.

Thank you very much xrxPercy :D

EDIT I downloaded, unzip , renamed it to autoexec.ash, copy it to the root directory of my Xiaomi's sd card and shoot some photos but nothing happened :( , i can see only .jpg files in my pc ... Am i doing something wrong?

Last edited:
Back