Xiaomi Yi Custom firmware with lastest revision

Hello everybody, I'm trying installing a custom firmware to my Yi camera and I unpretentiously by the high bitrate and of course 1080P @ 60FPS. I wish someone would give me some hint of a good custom firmware or script? For I am using the stock firmware of the camera (just do not remember the version now). I am looking for something around 40Mbps to 50mbps at 1080P @ 60FPS, someone can show me a good?

[I said:
"cpurage, post: 179380, member: 18473"]There you go PpenoO:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3VOFIlQpGN8b3E5YTkxdVJRbjQ/view?usp=sharing

Or you can even use the following script + stock FW 1.2.12:

#YiHyper-movie script by cpurage for 1_2_12 stock firmware
#set bitrate 848x480 240fps 50Mbps
writew 0xC05C28A2 0x4248
#set bitrate 1280x720 48fps 50Mbps
writew 0xC05C25A2 0x4248
#set bitrate 1280x720 60fps 50Mbps
writew 0xC05C2122 0x4248
#set bitrate 1280x720 120fps 50Mbps
writew 0xC05C2812 0x4248
#set bitrate 1280x960 48fps 50Mbps
writew 0xC05C2542 0x4248
#set bitrate 1280x960 60fps 50Mbps
writew 0xC05C2272 0x4248
#set bitrate 1920x1080 24fps 50Mbps
writew 0xC05C2482 0x4248
#set bitrate 1920x1080 30fps 50Mbps
writew 0xC05C1F72 0x4248
#set bitrate 1920x1080 48fps 50Mbps
writew 0xC05C2452 0x4248
#set bitrate 1920x1080 60fps 50Mbps
writew 0xC05C1EE2 0x4248
#set bitrate 2304x1296 30fps 50Mbps
writew 0xC05C1EB2 0x4248
#t ia2 -adj tidx [ev_idx][nf_idx][shutter_idx]", "-1 disable"
#looks like the values are between 0-16383 (0x0000-0x3FFF)
#If you want to set noise reduction value to 2048 just remove the hash key from the row below and for all the resolutions you will have sharpness as craze
#t ia2 -adj tidx -1 2048 -1

It is up to you, choice is yours ;)

Speaking of which, has anyone tested this firmware and can tell me if it is good and stable? You have to put these codes as script or just installing the firmware it comes with these presets? Hugs!

Hello everybody, I'm trying installing a custom firmware to my Yi camera and I unpretentiously by the high bitrate and of course 1080P @ 60FPS. I wish someone would give me some hint of a good custom firmware or script? For I am using the stock firmware of the camera (just do not remember the version now). I am looking for something around 40Mbps to 50mbps at 1080P @ 60FPS, someone can show me a good?

Speaking of which, has anyone tested this firmware and can tell me if it is good and stable? You have to put these codes as script or just installing the firmware it comes with these presets? Hugs!
Woah slow down there 40-50 Mbits is a little to much for full HD @60fps
1. I don't know which camera model youk have, my 23L gets really warm with 35mbits.
2. Most SD cards will not be handle such high butrates.
3 Files will get huge and you SD card fills faster, copying and editing takes longer
4. Why do you need the super high bitrates anyway?

1. I don't know which camera model youk have, my 23L gets really warm with 35mbits.
3 Files will get huge and you SD card fills faster, copying and editing takes longer

I'm interested in the same thing. I live in a colder climate, so my camera doesn't get warm at 35 mbps. My sd card can handle 50 mbps and I have plenty of room. What I'm wondering is if there is a noticeable difference between 35 and 50 @ 60 fps and @ 30 fps. My main gripe with the Yi is the huge detail loss at 60 fps, I shoot exclusively in 30 due to this.

1 quick question about the modded firmware - I know it's possible to set a camera knee and BT.709 transfer function, but is it possible to redefine the transfer function?

I'm interested in the same thing. I live in a colder climate, so my camera doesn't get warm at 35 mbps. My sd card can handle 50 mbps and I have plenty of room. What I'm wondering is if there is a noticeable difference between 35 and 50 @ 60 fps and @ 30 fps. My main gripe with the Yi is the huge detail loss at 60 fps, I shoot exclusively in 30 due to this.
What are your problems with 60 fps? Mine works perfectly with 35 Mbits. I have maximum (64 GB) and when I'm out shooting footage all day I carry a second SD card for memory. I think 50 Mbits would be a true overkill

What are your problems with 60 fps? Mine works perfectly with 35 Mbits. I have maximum (64 GB) and when I'm out shooting footage all day I carry a second SD card for memory. I think 50 Mbits would be a true overkill

I'm not home right now but in my testing at close range I've noticed a lot of lost sharpness going from 30 to 60 fps. I'll post screenshots of video later and you'll understand better.

Memory isn't an issue. I have 3 Lexar 633x 64 gb SD cards (used to have 3 GoPro Hero 3 Silvers) and only one Yi. I tend to avoid recording huge amounts of footage because it makes my life much easier when it comes time to edit it, so I rarely run into memory issues.

An hour of video at 50 megabits is only 22.5 GB, I'd get almost 3 hours of footage per SD card. It's more than enough for me in a day, even if I just had one card.

Hello guys, got a newbie question to ask here...
I've read all pages of this article~
and i've already known that if i want to change the bitrates of certain resolution..i should use scripts like writew etc.

and is it possible to switch among certain resolution through scripts instead of changing it from the app?
because i also suffered from video split problem no matter i use custom firmware or scripts...
i would like to avoid using app as possible as I can.

I once saw a reply here which said using the "writeb xxx" to set the resolutions at booting.
but if the resolutions i want to use, like 108060 to 72060, are already contained in the app
should i still use writeb function to switch between them during every boot??

Plz help me out!!

change the bitrates of certain resolution..i should use scripts like writew etc.

no for changing resolution I suggest using firmware and special software

switch between them during every boot??

I still don't get whats wrong with the app for changing resolutions. Can maybe give a real world example where u use this ?

i've tried using custom firmwares and scripts for changing bitrates.
and both of them cause splitting issues for me..like the first recording file would be only seconds with 35mb
and the following files would be normal for time but with only 20mb for bitrate....
i've turned on the loop function since i use it as a dash cam..don't know if it causes the issue..
btw..the microsd i use is Kingston SDCA3...u3 with 90/80 MB speed..should be enough...

as for app issue, for me i just think it will be less effort for me if I can switch resolutions via scripts...
And yesterday i tried using "writeb" function to switch between 108060p and 72060p via script successfully.
Seem to solve my problem...:)

Last edited:
Thats interesting, I've never heard of changing bitrates in that way. Does the yi make a sound when it starts recording a new file?
I have the 23L with 35mbits nodded firmware and it works great.

Oh so you wanted to change the standart resolution when using it as a dashcam. yes that makes sense before connecting it to the app ever time you get into the car
But why 720p?

actually i'm not familiar with code...:p
i just saw some people here using script with writeb function to recall certain resolutions that are cancelled at the newest firmware..
just not so sure whether it can work on switching resolutions among the existing ones~ so i decide to test it myself!

yes...using yi camera as a dash cam, connecting to app so often is so annoying to me..
but since i don't use it only as dash cam, sometimes i take daily life clips, too. So i need to switch resolutions a lot...

why 720p60? Because it doesn't seem to be a huge difference from 108060 when using as a dash cam...

btw...my yi is also 23L..it takes me much time and energy to make high bitrates work properly...
(1) with loop function on: The first file might be normal. But there seem to be random file error like lower bitrate of 20 or short files with only seconds.
(2) with loop function off: The same, without using app, i hit the shutter button to film directly. After few normal files, the camera will start a new file
automatically with lower bitrate of 20, 18, or even 12 mb. That means...if i hit the shutter button one time, within a 30 minute of shooting time, there will
be many .THL file...(even the size of file hasn't reached the limit of 2GB or 4GB yet.)

Could you share your using experience with me~ like the firmware, microsd..etc you are using!!

I'm kind of tired...thinking about just using the stock firmware and use the 1080 60p with 25mb

Hello guys, got a newbie question to ask here...
I've read all pages of this article~
and i've already known that if i want to change the bitrates of certain resolution..i should use scripts like writew etc.

and is it possible to switch among certain resolution through scripts instead of changing it from the app?
because i also suffered from video split problem no matter i use custom firmware or scripts...
i would like to avoid using app as possible as I can.

I once saw a reply here which said using the "writeb xxx" to set the resolutions at booting.
but if the resolutions i want to use, like 108060 to 72060, are already contained in the app
should i still use writeb function to switch between them during every boot??

Plz help me out!!
Take a look here for switching between every modes with button combination instead app..

Thanks, Fried! I will give a try tonight...and hope it solves my switching concern!!

I know maybe 720p and 1080p dosnt seem like a big difference when watching it on your pc, but when zooming on or stabilizing you are happy about every extra pixel you have

I would just sent back your camera maybe your mainbord has a flaw

I know maybe 720p and 1080p dosnt seem like a big difference when watching it on your pc, but when zooming on or stabilizing you are happy about every extra pixel you have

I would just sent back your camera maybe your mainbord has a flaw

Yes...i once doubted that it had something to do with the hardware flaw..
so just go back to stock firmware today without any modifications or scripts...try to see if there's still any file missing or splitting problem..!!

3 Arquivos terá enorme e você cartão SD enche mais rápido, cópia e edição leva mais tempo

In fact I value quite the quality of the video, even if this results in a heavy video! Hehe On the other issues you mentioned I will answer now:
1. The version of my Yi is the Z22, I believe it is a good chip that is it.
2. I already have a micro SD Samsung 32GB EVO Class 10, but I intend to get a 64GB, either Samsung or another with a reading rate and fast data, class 10!
3. As I said, I cherish the same quality videos to be heavy, so I already have this awareness
4. I often make many videos and the higher the bit rate, the higher the quality of filming and in dark conditions the camera can capture more light. But if the camera warm in the 40 / 50mbits I can still downgrade and use 35mbits.

Just like to know if anyone has tested this custom firmware I quoted?

No sry didn't test your firmware just have my custom one. Samsung class 10 should do fine, but some people bought chines cards which are not class 10 and can't handle such high framerates.
Higher bitrates does not mean more light!! It just means that your camera can capture more details but if your ISO and shutter are not setup correctly it's not going to help you much
Stick with the stock or use mine, I would not recomend going soo extreme

@ccdff , do you only use your custom firmware or you use it along with a script? If so, can you please post the script? I have a 22L version and I am not able to find a script that works.... Also, I have the same sd card as you have, the 32GB version and after using your custom firmware i was able to get 3 videos at 35mbps, 7 min each, and then a 4 secs or so at 40 mbps and all that came after was at 20 mbps. So I got the splitting problem. Please, can you help with this? Thanks!

So i've checked my cam version and in the android app i found that the version was something ending with 23, not L. The firmware was updated via android app 2 weeks ago.
Next, I have downloaded the file from the first page, made for 23 version and renamed the firmware.bin, put it in the root card, the camera started beeping for 30s and stops after. I have restarted the camera and the android app. All the settings were the same as before (wifi password, camera name, settings made by me for quality etc., n othing changed)
Next i've made a short video in ntsc at 2k high quality and it was shot at 27 mbps. Is it normal? How can i find if I have the stock or the custom firmware? Maybe my version is a L one, even if it is written in the app simple 23?

Back