Xiaomi Yi Custom firmware with lastest revision

I made changes from 0x420C to 0x41C8 but still records in 35Mbit. Same thing on Stock and custom firmware. What i'm doing wrong?

#2304x1296p30 35Mbit
writew 0xC05C1EB2 0x41C8

#1080p60 35Mbit
writew 0xC05C1EE2 0x41C8

#1080p48 35Mbit
writew 0xC05C2452 0x41C8

#1080p30 35Mbit
writew 0xC05C1F72 0x41C8

#1080p24 35Mbit
writew 0xC05C2492 0x41C8

Hi !
I am very new to this (Xi arrived today), so i have 2 Questions:
-Can i use the modded FW together with Ximode ?
(Does it make sense ?)
-i found references to a higher res mode 2500x... is that possiboe, did not find it here ?!

Thank you and GREAT work anyways, already MUCH better with high bitrate and less denoising :)

Ender

And I'm looking for a writ Fw1.2.13 for resolution 2560x1440 PAL, not NTSC

Hey,
I have the problem with this firmware that sometimes it just records a few seconds. And when my SD card is half full it is not recording anymore and just freezing. Anyone else with this issue?

SD-Card: SanDisk Ultra MicroSD XC I 64GB

Is there anywhere a firmware without thm files and about 25Mbit?

Hey,
I have the problem with this firmware that sometimes it just records a few seconds. And when my SD card is half full it is not recording anymore and just freezing. Anyone else with this issue?

SD-Card: SanDisk Ultra MicroSD XC I 64GB

Is there anywhere a firmware without thm files and about 25Mbit?

I do not know if you refer to my firmware (with bitrate at 50Mbit) or the other at 35Mbit. In any case: if you use a fast card (i.e. a MicroSD U3), you will see you have no problem. The reason for the Yi camera non recording at the specified bitrate, or stopping to record, is the bandwidth of the card. Another reason "might" also be temperature (i.e. the Yi might get too warm especially in hot environment, if you record too long at that high bitrate), but I am not sure as I never experienced such problem (and never heard of any user reporting it).

Hey mighty,
thank you for your fast response. I took the firmware from the first page: 1.2.13 35Mbit
My SD card is able to write 15MB/s. I thought this is sufficient but now I will try to get a U3 card and test again.
Is there an easy way to reduce this firmware to maybe 25 Mbit, but to have all the other adjustements? For me, this firmware looks also more sharpen.

regards

Hey mighty,
thank you for your fast response. I took the firmware from the first page: 1.2.13 35Mbit
My SD card is able to write 15MB/s. I thought this is sufficient but now I will try to get a U3 card and test again.
Is there an easy way to reduce this firmware to maybe 25 Mbit, but to have all the other adjustements? For me, this firmware looks also more sharpen.

regards

Hi zedbrett,

unfortunately I cannot comment on the firmware posted on the first page, as I initially downloaded it and used it, but never disassembled to check which mods it contained. However, from the description, I tend to think it does only contain changes into the bitrate. With such firmware, a Class 10 card (not U3) was not enough and I often had problem that I got files with sometime the correct bitrate but other subsequent files with a lower bitrate.....probably the speed of the microSD was not enough and thus the camera was decreasing the bitrate to accomodate the reduce capabilities of the card (I have no proof of that, but otherwise I would not know how to explain it...)

My mod is not different: I started from the most recent firmware I could download from the official Xiaomi Yi website, available for my specific serial number, and then I modified the firmware in order to increase it to 50Mbit. It is true that 50Mbit divided by 8 means that a microSD card able to write at more than 7 Mbyte/sec is enough. However, this is not the case, and a U3 card is definitely needed.

I believe that the speed problem is linked to the type of recording: when you for example measure the writing/reading speed of a SD with tools such as "USB Flash Benchmark", you see different speeds according to different writing/reading mode. Hence, it might be that depending on the way the camera writes on the microSD, the real writing speed is lower than what theoretically expected based on the specs of the card.

Best,
Mighty

Ok thanks. Then I will buy an U3 card and check if it is better.
Does your firmware have improvements in sharpness? And is there a 20-25Mbit version :D Since I just saw where you posted the link.

Hi, I have recently buy a xiaomi yi camera my model is the z23L and I am a little disappointed with the video quality. So I have been looking for a custom firmware or something similar to improve it. I have no idea about how to flash this mods and I dont even know what you mean when you talk about scripts. I would be really pleased if someone could tell me which firmware should I install and how. I really appreciate your help, thank you so much I am waiting for your answer .

Just a heads up, there are different speeds of U3 card. It seems as if they just gave up naming after U3 so U3 can range from as little as 30mb/s right up to 300mbs (Lexar Professional 2000x UHS-II U3).

Obviously, a lower rated U3 might not prove enough.

There will probably be an ultimate limit on the camera's card reader / writer port though.

You might find this useful, although probably a lot of these cards may be much faster and more expensive than needed:

https://havecamerawilltravel.com/photographer/fastest-sd-cards

This firmware as written in descrition only change "high quality bitrate", for any other changes you'll have to use scripts. For those who looking for lower bitrate 20-25mbps simply flash official firmware.

Thanks, this custom firmware works on my Z25L with 35Mbit. Somehow the autoexec scripts for high bitrate won't work on my Z25L (with Z23 firmware).

Thanks, this custom firmware works on my Z25L with 35Mbit. Somehow the autoexec scripts for high bitrate won't work on my Z25L (with Z23 firmware).
What did you use, the 1st or the 2nd link? I have Z25L, too. I don't know which one to use.

I used 2nd link. Only battery level in app will show 0% like original 23L firmware on 25L.

I'm xiaomi yi actioncam international version user. The serial number is Z23L.
I got a problem with the firmware which is made by Fried. When i recording long time, the video cut automatically.
For example, if i record 10 min, 7 min 33 sec video and 2 min 27 sec video save.
I use Samsung Evo 32GB, and its write speed is 20 mbps.
Should i upgrade the Micro SD card's write speed? or Is it just the problem of the firmware?
Please reply me. Thanks.

Back