Xiaomi Yi Custom firmware with lastest revision

Dear magnification,

my answer would be the same one I always provide when I am faced with questions similar to yours: get a U3 card and try it. Most of the time, the problem you mentioned is due to issue with the MicroSD used (i.e. writing speed is not sufficient). I upgraded to a fast-and-cheap U3 128Gb MicroSD card (Toshiba Experia U3) and I have no problem when using my custom-made firmware that is 50Mmbit (even more than the 35Mbit posted on the first post).

Yesterday, I bought a Samsung Pro plus 32GB (class 10, UHS-3) But... Nothing changed... Except the recording time. The video is still cut, but its time is longer than before about 20sec. I format the SD card with 16kb, 32kb, 64kb, but nothing worked. I installed the XIMODE, but it is not work, too. I also downgrade the 35mpbs Firmware version (1.2.12) But this way is not work neither. I don't know how to deal with this situation...

Edit: I tested again with out wifi connection, It worked almost normally, but video is still cut. (14 min 57 sec, FHD 30fps With Ximode.) Ximode works normally, either. (Deleting THM file) if i changed the Sd card's format settings, i would get normal video!

Last edited:
Yesterday, I bought a Samsung Pro plus 32GB (class 10, UHS-3) But... Nothing changed... Except the recording time. The video is still cut, but its time is longer than before about 20sec. I format the SD card with 16kb, 32kb, 64kb, but nothing worked. I installed the XIMODE, but it is not work, too. I also downgrade the 35mpbs Firmware version (1.2.12) But this way is not work neither. I don't know how to deal with this situation...

Edit: I tested again with out wifi connection, It worked almost normally, but video is still cut. (14 min 57 sec, FHD 30fps With Ximode.) Ximode works normally, either. (Deleting THM file) if i changed the Sd card's format settings, i would get normal video!

Sorry to hear the problem is not fully solved yet. I am wondering what else can be the problem (because it is indeed strange that by just disabling the wifi connection things get better...I do not see the link here....). However, in my case I always record in 2.5K at 25fps....and in this case I can confirm have no problem. When you say the video is cut, do you mean that you get the video splitted in several small files or Yi stops recording? Because if it is only file split, I believe it is OK (there might probably a size limit in the max dimension of the file....); otherwise, I really have no clue...

If I downgrade current Chinese version to 1.2.13 will I get english then??

Hey guys, I read most of the previous pages but couldn't seem to find an answer to a question of mine:

I have trouble flashing the custom firmware to my camera. I followed the instructions I found on another page, but the camera doesn't want to enter boot mode and read the firmware.bin file. Is a SD card in FAT32 format a specific requirement, because my 64GB Samsung card can only be formatted in exFAT? Also, can the problem come from not having a fully, 100% charged battery?

Thanks, this is a great community!

Would love 1.5.6 version now that the firmware for Z25L and Z26L is out.

Do you know if the Samsung card is bad or counterfeit? Have you tested the Samsung card?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Hey guys, I read most of the previous pages but couldn't seem to find an answer to a question of mine:

I have trouble flashing the custom firmware to my camera. I followed the instructions I found on another page, but the camera doesn't want to enter boot mode and read the firmware.bin file. Is a SD card in FAT32 format a specific requirement, because my 64GB Samsung card can only be formatted in exFAT? Also, can the problem come from not having a fully, 100% charged battery?

Thanks, this is a great community!
Did you format the card in the camera before you copied/pasted the .bin file to thecard?
My understanding is that 64 GB cards come formatted in exFat and the camera works with fat32

I'm testing 1.5.6 firmware and it is working great... Will it be a 1.5.6 version? that would be great!

The camera works with 64 GB SD card formatted in exFAT

Bugger, I just got my Z26L, can I use any of the FW???? I guess I need it to use it for the XIMODE 2.1???????????

can i use the:

2) For build : 22L - 23L
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxO_QexYT9EAcVdRZy05OWt4alk/view?usp=sharing
???

installed FW is 1.5.6.... It seems liek they used an different sensor as well (panasonic now??) which results in an wider view and now I can not use my CPL anymore???? I got only an round picture???? Dammit, want my old Yi back... ;(

installed FW is 1.5.6.... It seems liek they used an different sensor as well (panasonic now??) which results in an wider view and now I can not use my CPL anymore???? I got only an round picture???? Dammit, want my old Yi back... ;(

I have not experienced the problem you mention. Which version do you have? I have the 23L, and it works well. If you have that version too (and a fast U3 card), try my firmware (or download the original v1.5.6 from the Yi website).

I have not experienced the problem you mention. Which version do you have? I have the 23L, and it works well. If you have that version too (and a fast U3 card), try my firmware (or download the original v1.5.6 from the Yi website).

Ok solved it. It´s not the sensor it was a setting, I guess that was the problem with the Superview... I got the Z26L with 1.5.6. and custom Autoexc and it works just fine... (and the old 21L with Ximode2.1)... Thx for the reply...

Not so easy. I have already tried it and get some errors during export firmware files. Maybe it solve newer version of tool.

Not so easy. I have already tried it and get some errors during export firmware files. Maybe it solve newer version of tool.

yes, use version 1.3.3 of the Ambarella Firmware Toolbox

I have still problem with exporting firmware files. AFT 1.3.3.

Attachments

• RFS Decompiler Failed.PNG
    RFS Decompiler Failed.PNG
    654.3 KB · Views: 50
Back