Xiaomi Yi Custom firmware with lastest revision

Please can anyone tell me if Mighty777 modified firmware will work with a rev25L running 1.5.6

Thanks
Hi, I am not sure, as I do not know if the original firmware for rev23L is any different from the one for rev25L. I cannot download the rev 25L firmware from the Xiaomi Yi website (i.e. my cam is rev 23L and I have no serial number for 25L, so I can only download the original firmware for 23L). If you send me (or post it somewhere over the Internet) the rev25L, I can modify it with no problem in few minutes....(setting max bitrate at 40 or even 50Mbit).

Sorry Mighty777 only just seen your reply. I will find the 25L firmware and upload a link to it. Thanks for your time

Hello to everyone.

Just quick question please.
I have 25L 1.5.12 so which firmware will be best for it? as found many and not sure which one will be best
Thank you!

Hello to everyone.

Just quick question please.
I have 25L 1.5.12 so which firmware will be best for it? as found many and not sure which one will be best
Thank you!
Do you know nutseynuts.com? There are a wide range of fw options for the original Yi cam. But
, I think downgrading to fw 1.2.13, or 1.5.6 will offer more options. I don't think any hacker friends are working with 1.5.12!

Hi, I am not sure, as I do not know if the original firmware for rev23L is any different from the one for rev25L. I cannot download the rev 25L firmware from the Xiaomi Yi website (i.e. my cam is rev 23L and I have no serial number for 25L, so I can only download the original firmware for 23L). If you send me (or post it somewhere over the Internet) the rev25L, I can modify it with no problem in few minutes....(setting max bitrate at 40 or even 50Mbit).

Hi @Mighty777.

I could download the firmware here:

http://www.xiaoyi.com/update/sports/?lang=en

Are you also able to download it?

I also have the z25l and would love to use a higher bitrate.

Seems like you dont need a serial anymore

https://www.yitechnology.com/yi-4k-action-camera-firmware

edit:
This easybytez did not show a download link so i will upload it on antoher site

https://www.file-upload.net/download-13290260/1484726670794_fw.bin.html

Last edited:
Hey guys i just want to share my modified Z23L Firmware base 1.5.12.
Custom Bitrate for almost all resolution :
High - 35 Mbps
Medium - 30 Mbps
Low - 25 Mbps

Wifi Live Preview at 2Mbps
and also i change the file size limitation to 4GB.

here are the download link to the firmware
Google Drive (Z23L)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qQKAM6AARqIxobxSLd3pfaQUc7unFXu8/view?usp=sharing

use it at your own risk.

Last edited:
Thanks, will try it later. How is the battery status?

In the the xiaomi yi mirror site and archive 1.2.13 and older thread by Andy S.there seems to be the needed fw's?

Just installed on Z23 version, works fine on 2k!. also Installed autorec on it , now it's perfect!! Thank you very much!
Hi, Staraway, did you find an unusual beeping on installing this mod to your 23L?It is not the familiar beep pattern!

Hi, Staraway, did you find an unusual beeping on installing this mod to your 23L?It is not the familiar beep pattern!

Hi, sorry for the late reply. No,nothing strange happen when installing, but something happen when recording....
I find that after 3-4 minute the file split, from 50M bitrate it seems to reset itself to 30M-35M until the last file. I don't know if is the autorec file or the firmware itself, not try it yet to confirm which one is the cause.

Update
tried with and without autorec file the same result.... you can see in the picture what I mean44789

Last edited:
I tried Mighty777's 1.5.6. 50Mbps first and found a file split at 7-9 MB and the remainder of the filming with a very high kbps rate for the first and 35-36 for the remainder . I think a slow card could have caused the split.
When uploading the z23s file , an unusually rapid two pulse beep! The 35 Mbps in 1.5.12 avoids the app constant reminder to upgrade to the latest 1.5.12 and works well from this page 44. Widodo's!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back