XIAOMI Yi ELF Files to Unbrick Camera

Thanks a lot Cruz, people like you makes this world better!!:):)
I have one problem. When I short the 2 points and press the Power button, Windows makes a sound, so It recognizes the camara but the yisportcamUSB don´t. When I click on connect, the message is: Found 0 YDXJ device!

I try to allow no-signed drivers on my windows 8, follow the instrucction of Pawan, but It doesn´t work.
Anyone can help me?? Maybe the problem is de OS?

Thanks!! At least there is light at end of tunnel...
After you done in the video Did you try to install driver manually in manage. the driver is in directory of the program you almost there :D

After you done in the video Did you try to install driver manually in manage. the driver is in directory of the program you almost there :D

Ouuuhhh, yes! I had to install the driver manually...ups! Thanks! It works!! I´m going to release my xiaoyi after one month!! Thanks a lot!!!

if xioyi normally (not brick) to do update firmware.
is it still need 2 points short-circuited???
i quest again.
on connect xioyi to pc, we need put micro sd or not?

1) Yes, you should short those 2 points and then press the Power button.
2) Red light should NOT light up when you disassembled the front panel from camera and connect the camera to PC. So you need to short-circuit those 2 points, press the Power button and only then you get the Power button lighted up.
I've received my ver.22 camera and it was already bricked ( 3 red LEDs when turned on). i tried tis method, but when i connect camera to PC power buttor lights up with dissassembled front panel. Any ideas why?

Because it's charging. You can take the battery out if you want and it will work too.

Because it's charging. You can take the battery out if you want and it will work too.
camera got connected without battery! but programming didn't help: it was successful but 3 red leds again after restart, now PC doesn't detect camera :(

Same problem here,but i successfully did the firmware programming with DirectUSB.
But now after "Done" I disconnected from PC and after i turn the camera on,The 3 indicator lights,lit up and nothing happens.
And connection to pc is always in directusb mode now :(

i try it.
just on 3 red light without beep beep. <<< is it success make short circuit???
my pc cant find driver camera, but read micro sd.
then not found YDXJ in software yisportcam.
T.T

Maybe you could try with this tool and select EraseNand first http://dc.p-mc.eu/tools/directusb/download

Or possibly you have the sensor connector disconnected on the board itself. This would require you to disassemble from the case to check.

I have the same problem as Jorvalmar.

When I short the 2 points and press the Power button, Windows makes a sound.
Hence, it recognizes the camera but i cant seems to connect to the Cam i.e. always show "Found 0 YDXJ device!" from the yisportcamUSB program.
Tried on Windows 7 and also Windows 8. both the same behaviour.
After 2 days of break, i will try again later.

Btw, I did not encounter any error message when I install yisportcamUSB program in windows 7 and I have saved the rar file in a different folder in C:\ e.g. C:\download. YisportcamUSB program is installed in windows 7 C:\Program Files\XiaoYi\yiSportCamUSB.
Can someone advise me what does it mean by install driver manually? Thanks a million!

You need to update the driver.Restart Pc using SHIFT and follow the method mentioned by Pawan in this thread.Manually Install driver from XiaoYi file in Program Files,after that you will find Ambarella Evaluation Board on device manager.
Only then you will get "1 YDXJ Device!" on yisportcamUSB after you connect.

But i have done everything successfully,but I'm stuck with just 3 leds after powering up.
What do i have to do after the yisportcamUSB software says "done" after firmware process?

i try to manual install driver, but my pc can't open file format .sys
upload_2015-8-10_8-12-27.png
anybody can help me???

You need to manually install from device manager,connect the camera,open the and select search manually from computer,and select the whole XiaoYi folder on the selection.

You need to update the driver.Restart Pc using SHIFT and follow the method mentioned by Pawan in this thread.Manually Install driver from XiaoYi file in Program Files,after that you will find Ambarella Evaluation Board on device manager.
Only then you will get "1 YDXJ Device!" on yisportcamUSB after you connect.

But i have done everything successfully,but I'm stuck with just 3 leds after powering up.
What do i have to do after the yisportcamUSB software says "done" after firmware process?

If firmware upgrading process was finished with "Done" message and camera doesn't work then you need to try to get the latest firmware for you model of camera from this site http://www.xiaoyi.com/home/upgrade.html and upgrade it from the flash card.

Hi again. Information for @SJT, @Jaehong, @SuzukiPrp and other guys with 23 models, sorry if I missed somebody.

I've got the information from support that we can use the same file for both models. It should work on model 22 and 23.

I can add from myself that the "L" letter could be important.

If firmware upgrading process was finished with "Done" message and camera doesn't work then you need to try to get the latest firmware for you model of camera from this site http://www.xiaoyi.com/home/upgrade.html and upgrade it from the flash card.
Cannot upgrade because if i turn the camera on,the 3 indicator lights just start up and nothing...
I did format the memory card and put the latest firmware in it.

Back