XIAOMI Yi ELF Files to Unbrick Camera

Cannot upgrade because if i turn the camera on,the 3 indicator lights just start up and nothing...
I did format the memory card and put the latest firmware in it.
are you finished instal driver xioayi????
when turn on camera then just 3 indicator light, it mean you success directusb.
now you just do install driver usb device xiaoyi

yes directusb is done i guess.
but camera is stuck in the 3 led mode,doesnt seem to do anything else.
and if i click the firmware programming and also "verify"
it fails.

yes directusb is done i guess.
but camera is stuck in the 3 led mode,doesnt seem to do anything else.
and if i click the firmware programming and also "verify"
it fails.
are you finish install driver usb ambarella device???
if you press connect but 0 device found, i think you must install driver usb ambarella first.

are you finish install driver usb ambarella device???
if you press connect but 0 device found, i think you must install driver usb ambarella first.
Yes drivers are installed and directusb recognizes the device.thats not the problem.

Yes drivers are installed and directusb recognizes the device.thats not the problem.
if you finished installed driver and success directusb, usually the software yisportcam can detect you camera.

It worked on my camera with Z23L serial number. Could someone please update the main Xiaomi Yi page because it still says no elf files or direct usb mode available.
This page: https://dashcamtalk.com/xiaomi-yi/
Side Note: press: ctrl-F and search "flip" on main page--this needs to be updated image reversal added in new update

this is what we need, thanks for sharing

I was stuck in the beeping death,now stuck in the 3 led Brick after doing the directUSB method. UGH :mad:
Please help someone :(

@Wasee
Did you try to do EraseNAND first?
Yes i did EraseNAND and then the programming.
Note: I had to manually turn on the camera,after firmware programming,to get it to "done!!" (Orelse it never does,i've waited upto 1 hour)
This is the texts I get...

Found 1 AMBA device!
Init DRAM ok.
AMBA_USB_EraseFlash: Enter[0].Wait...
[0] Wait device re-init...
[0] Found.
AMBA_USB_EraseFlash Done[0]!!
Found 1 AMBA device!
L:\yiactioncamera\sportcamera\sportcamera\YDXJv22_1.2.6_build-20150709090932_b1031_i841_s1038.e2b sent, size=46157180
Wait firmware programming...
[0] Done!!
AMBA_USB_Boot_Read: (0xc00fff00) failed!(-116)
Update failed try add.
[0] Not found.
Firmware Programming Failed!

@cruz i install file elf 1.2.6 22L, but i get SN 22.
can you give me new file elf who have SN 22L??

Yes i did EraseNAND and then the programming.
Note: I had to manually turn on the camera,after firmware programming,to get it to "done!!" (Orelse it never does,i've waited upto 1 hour)
This is the texts I get...

Found 1 AMBA device!
Init DRAM ok.
AMBA_USB_EraseFlash: Enter[0].Wait...
[0] Found.
AMBA_USB_EraseFlash Done[0]!!
Found 1 AMBA device!
L:\yiactioncamera\sportcamera\sportcamera\YDXJv22_1.2.6_build-20150709090932_b1031_i841_s1038.e2b sent, size=46157180
Wait firmware programming...
[0] Done!!
AMBA_USB_Boot_Read: (0xc00fff00) failed!(-116)
Update failed try add.
[0] Not found.
Firmware Programming Failed!
after wait firmware programming, your xiaoyi will turn off wait until 3 led off.
then disconect usb, then turn on your xiaoyi, your xiaoyi will sound 1 beep static.
wait until your xiaoyi turn off automatically
CMIIW

Can someone tell me,if the whole process fails if any of the hardware inside fails? or disconnected,like if the sensor if disconnected or something?

@cruz: There is something fishy with these ELF files - L one contains non-L serial number... and people get confused

Hi, when i do the shortcut and i press the power button nothing happen , i am doing something wrong?

I finally got my Xiaomi Yi to the beeping mode from the 3 Leds....looks like firmware upgrading...but after the beeping is done.the camera shuts down and again turns on without any beeping,just blue light turning on and off.
any explaination about this? :/

@cruz: There is something fishy with these ELF files - L one contains non-L serial number... and people get confused
Hm, It is interesting, I had no such problem.

Hi. My 22L was restored correctly and I have no any problems with it. I restored it using 22L ELF file then I installed the latest firmware from xiaoyi upgrade site (also for 22L).
I have checked it again 2 minutes ago - everything is OK, serial numbers on camera itself and in YiCam application are the same.

Probably that guys with such problem should try to install the latest firmware from xiaoyi upgrade site after the ELF restoring procedure. It should help. Good luck.

I finally got my Xiaomi Yi to the beeping mode from the 3 Leds....looks like firmware upgrading...but after the beeping is done.the camera shuts down and again turns on without any beeping,just blue light turning on and off.
any explaination about this? :/

Probably you left your micro SD card ( with some firmware file ) inside the camera.

in step 11 to 12.
the program yisportcam show done.
but i waiting at the same time watching movie.
but not sound 3 beep.
if i turn on camera, it will be beep beep like update manual.
but my problem is i get SN 22, i used file 1.2.6 22L.
did i do wrong????

Back